Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Red Dead 3

I’m not very far through this at all but really starting to enjoy it. Seems like a hell of a lot to learn and figure out at the minute but I guess the more missions I do will teach me how stuff works.

One thing I don’t get at the minute, What benefit does sharing my money with the camp have?

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m not very far through this at all but really starting to enjoy it. Seems like a hell of a lot to learn and figure out at the minute but I guess the more missions I do will teach me how stuff works.

One thing I don’t get at the minute, What benefit does sharing my money with the camp have?

After a mission in Chapter 2 (forget which) a ledger will become available to make purchases to improve the camp. 

Things such as a chicken coop to improve the stew and in turn get better health, Stamina, Dead Eye meters. 

Also, improve weapons, ammo and health tonics held at the camp so you can top up.

If you get bored of riding your horse to towns you've already been, make sure you upgrade Dutch's quarters X2, that will unlock fast travel to any place you have already visited.

• Thanks 1

Last night I was doing a bit of casual ornithology, trying to fill up some entries in my compendium.

I sh*t you not, in the distance through my binoculars I saw a bird (eagle or hawk) swoop down, and pick up a small animal from the ground and carry it away, wriggling in its talons.

It was in the middle of nowhere and too far away in the distance to be a scripted moment. It's a detail that nobody would miss if it wasn't included, and made me wonder how many of these random little details I miss as I trudge through the world. Top drawer stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Last night I was doing a bit of casual ornithology, trying to fill up some entries in my compendium.

I sh*t you not, in the distance through my binoculars I saw a bird (eagle or hawk) swoop down, and pick up a small animal from the ground and carry it away, wriggling in its talons.

It was in the middle of nowhere and too far away in the distance to be a scripted moment. It's a detail that nobody would miss if it wasn't included, and made me wonder how many of these random little details I miss as I trudge through the world. Top drawer stuff.

This might sound a little rash to some, and it isn't quite on the basis of your comment alone, but your comment has confirmed to me why I will buy this game. Thanks

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

How do you kill bears? One appeared on the mission I was doing but shooting it in the head didn't kill it. 

When I restarted the mission the bear wasn't there though strangely.

Keep shooting it, takes multiple hits. If you study an animal with a sniper or binoculars it tells you the best gun to get a perfect pelt.

23 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

How do you kill bears? One appeared on the mission I was doing but shooting it in the head didn't kill it. 

When I restarted the mission the bear wasn't there though strangely.

16 hours ago, Stadt said:

Keep shooting it, takes multiple hits. If you study an animal with a sniper or binoculars it tells you the best gun to get a perfect pelt.

Craft an Improved or Poison Arrow at a camp. Shoot one into a bear's face and it dies instantly in my experience. 

14 hours ago, foxile5 said:

With regards the bear mission. 

I put my legendary bear pelt in camp and rode off a little. It told me that I had abandoned the pelt. 

Anyone know if I can claw this back some how? 

It will go straight to a trapper so you haven't lost it for good.

In regards to the game, I've only just reached chapter 3 and I'm in no rush to carry on progressing with the story because there's loads of little things I keep wanting to do. I can understand how the pacing may annoy some but I'm enjoying it, it's nicer to have a slower game and it adds emphasis to the action sequences that occur throughout.

• Like 1

Yeah I find treasure hunting, looking for legendaries and fishing a bit of a chore when that’s all you have left, I’m breaking it up a bit to avoid completing the story too quickly. I’ll probably start replaying missions to get gold medals before chapter 6 

Anyone done the home break in Watson's Cabin? Should be some old woman there with some kids or grandkids?

I've been there for the mission but no one is there....I've gone back days later but still no one there? I can Rob it and take the shotgun but seems on the same loop all the time with never any people present.

Seen it online how it should be and maybe I have gone wrong somewhere

21 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Anyone done the home break in Watson's Cabin? Should be some old woman there with some kids or grandkids?

I've been there for the mission but no one is there....I've gone back days later but still no one there? I can Rob it and take the shotgun but seems on the same loop all the time with never any people present.

Seen it online how it should be and maybe I have gone wrong somewhere

I think it's bit buggy.

I did it, the old woman was there and once I robbed her she told me she'd set her sons on me.

Went back there after a couple of in-game days and the sons were there with her. After shooting them all I was able to loot the house all over again, including the shotgun. The only extra thing you get is a lock-box on the kitchen table with about $75 in it. Barely worth losing any sleep over.

Edited by RoboFox

5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I think it's bit buggy.

I did it, the old woman was there and once I robbed her she told me she'd set her sons on me.

Went back there after a couple of in-game days and the sons were there with her. After shooting them all I was able to loot the house all over again, including the shotgun. The only extra thing you get is a lock-box on the kitchen table with about $75 in it. Barely worth losing any sleep over.

That's about 2'000 Dollars in today's money! lol

• Like 1

It's a beautiful game.

Landscape, weather, animations, storyline, the underlying tension. It all fits.

First time we rode the horses out in the snowstorm, the texture of the snow just amazed me - so life-like.

The way the game starts is obviously intentional and acts as a well-told tutorial, to get you accustomed to the times back in the day, where everything was indeed slower and took longer.

Also like the introduction of another well-known protagonist early on.

Only gripe is the amount of different functions on different buttons. Needs some time getting used to.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

It's a beautiful game.

Landscape, weather, animations, storyline, the underlying tension. It all fits.

First time we rode the horses out in the snowstorm, the texture of the snow just amazed me - so life-like.

The way the game starts is obviously intentional and acts as a well-told tutorial, to get you accustomed to the times back in the day, where everything was indeed slower and took longer.

Also like the introduction of another well-known protagonist early on.

Only gripe is the amount of different functions on different buttons. Needs some time getting used to.

The controls aren't, at points, intuitive. 

The aim button when speaking to a character and when free roaming switches. This has given me a bit of a pain recently. 

On 07/11/2018 at 23:27, Stadt said:

Getting to the point where I'm trying to avoid doing story missions just to savour it, I don't want to look at how many hours I've put in.

Easy enough to do, I don't think I've touched the story for two weeks. I'm just off having random encounters, finding dinosaur bones, hunting gold, discovering easter eggs etc. Love bumping into some random who tells you a story with a few clues to a treasure etc. I got bored in the last game come a certain point, but so far this just seems to have that little bit extra to keep me going.