Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Red Dead 3

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Easy enough to do, I don't think I've touched the story for two weeks. I'm just off having random encounters, finding dinosaur bones, hunting gold, discovering easter eggs etc. Love bumping into some random who tells you a story with a few clues to a treasure etc. I got bored in the last game come a certain point, but so far this just seems to have that little bit extra to keep me going.

Well I’ve finished it now but then again I’m a cash poor, time rich student  :D

• Like 1

I've just got to the second camp, and ventured into Saint Denis for the first time. It's awesome. (I'm really taking my time with this...)

Disappointed to find that pretty much all of the Trapper's outfits look entirely daft and I have no desire to wear any of them. Glad that I've used all of the pelts I've collected on the camp rather than giving them to him.

I've just got to the camp outside Valentine (Chapter 2). Not played for a few days as been playing Blackout on COD. Need to get back into this as i'm really enjoying it so far. Anybody got tips on what I should focus on doing? Like hunting, Fishing, side missions or crack on with the story.

17 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've just got to the camp outside Valentine (Chapter 2). Not played for a few days as been playing Blackout on COD. Need to get back into this as i'm really enjoying it so far. Anybody got tips on what I should focus on doing? Like hunting, Fishing, side missions or crack on with the story.

I have been wandering around doing hunting mainly, a few side quests here and there. i just got into chapter 3 and the world has really opened up. i hhve been on a lake the past 2 game days trying to catch a legendary fish. (no hints please FT, ill get the bugger eventually) just enjoy the game dude. 

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

I have been wandering around doing hunting mainly, a few side quests here and there. i just got into chapter 3 and the world has really opened up. i hhve been on a lake the past 2 game days trying to catch a legendary fish. (no hints please FT, ill get the bugger eventually) just enjoy the game dude. 

I know you said no hints but are you using the right lure? It might be impossible otherwise lol 

Nowhere near ready for the online in this so not too fussed about the inevitable shit launch! 

I found the first game a bit of a chore but with this one I've found myself accidentally spending 3 hours fishing or just wandering aimlessly. I must have had at least 50 hours played before I'd even finished chapter 2 so I've motored through the story to chapter 6. I don't want to go any further because I'm not ready for the story to be over and I want to finish everything if possible. I never thought I'd love a game as much as the Witcher 3 but it's just so easy to lose yourself in red dead. The idea of having to polish your guns and do chores in the camp sounds ridiculous but I end up doing then whilst ignoring the dirty dishes in my sink :D

I'm also fulfilling my beard dreams that's I can't manage in real life so that's a plus

9 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

regarding lures (highlight spoiler below):

you get special lake / river / swamp lures at a fishing hut in the swamp area - you need these for legendary fish

thanks man thats good to know, well, i still enjoyed the day on RDR2 doing absolutely **** all :) 

26 minutes ago, Beliall said:

thanks man thats good to know, well, i still enjoyed the day on RDR2 doing absolutely **** all :) 

some nights mate, after a little blaze - I spend hours just slowly trotting about looking at the scenery. might do some bird-spotting, bit of fishing. 

barely scratched chapter 3 but have all the legendary animals, most of the fish, made all the satchels, found some nice horses. 

the world just kind of demands that you slow down and take it all in. it's really somewhere you can lose a lot of time. 

and why not eh? it's a peaceful break from normal life. fair play to rockstar, they've created a world that feels alive enough to want to spend time there. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

some nights mate, after a little blaze - I spend hours just slowly trotting about looking at the scenery. might do some bird-spotting, bit of fishing. 

barely scratched chapter 3 but have all the legendary animals, most of the fish, made all the satchels, found some nice horses. 

the world just kind of demands that you slow down and take it all in. it's really somewhere you can lose a lot of time. 

and why not eh? it's a peaceful break from normal life. fair play to rockstar, they've created a world that feels alive enough to want to spend time there. 

I know man, im enjoying it like that and im not even high! i imagine if i was i might forget to shower.

my thoughts about online - copied from another forum I post on: 

as for online - well... played it for a few hours last night and there's a few glaring issues. firstly, as expected - 90% of encounters with other human beings end up in either kill / be killed. there is minimal interaction and there are no penalties for being killed (you don't lose cash, items, horse, etc.) and there is no penalty for killing someone apart from a small decrease in honour. the issue with this is that being killed becomes nothing but a shitty inconvenience. spent time hunting with your mate to get a nice pelt and then get killed? you lose the pelt. spent ages travelling somewhere on the map and get killed? get dropped miles away and have to do it again, etc.

another huge annoyance and I don't have any idea why they ****ing do it - everyone is marked on the map permanently so your location is never a secret. want to go fishing quietly with friends - good luck, your location is always visible and people will hunt you and grief you for fun. someone has suggested that low honour players who kill constantly should always be visible and have a bounty on them. high honour players will not be marked on the map so they can have a better chance of being left alone. this way all the kids who want to kill kill kill will be able to see each other and kill each other for bounties. other players can also go for these people for bounties and not get penalised for killing them. I think this would work much better. 

also - everything costs a ****ing fortune. the mission rewards are ****ing minimal. it will take you approx. 12 hours just to save up enough money to buy a half decent gun. there needs to be longevity and I don't believe you should be able to attain everything within a week but making people grind, grind, grind for cosmetics, horses and guns takes the fun away totally. it costs 1 gold bar (equiv. of like $300 in game or something) to make the barrel of your gun a different colour. it's severely imbalanced and will just make the game seem like a chore, imo. 

I hope that rockstar add a hardcore mode - no auto aim, no map blips and a decent honour system. they also need to sort the pricing out. could be good but at the moment looks like a pile of shit and I'll most likely just end up sticking about in single player. 

needs work, lots of work. 

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

my thoughts about online - copied from another forum I post on: 

needs work, lots of work. 

Sounds like private sessions with friends will be the way to go. It's a shame they've built a world so detailed, encouraging patient, thoughtful play, and it's just going to be full of idiots auto aiming you the second they lay eyes on you. Wish they'd split it into PvP and PvE servers or something.

Can't say the pricing issue surprises me given that you're looking at about ten grand for a haircut in GTA Online