Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

My copy arrived earlier. Now having my first blast. Controls felt a little strange but it hasn't taken me long to get back into it. Not played BOTW since it's initial release. 

The first area is great. Letting me get back into the controls completely at my own pace. Learning how to cook and Hunt etc is a breeze.

Now I'm getting into the crafting and I'm already loving the idea of the endless possibilities this game possesses. 

Special mention to the soundtrack so far. It's just beautiful. 

Also first thing I did was change the control so the B button jumps and X button runs. 

Visually stunning. So far so good

• Like 1

Very very enjoyable so far. It’s definitely made an impact on me to the point that when I was walking my dog this morning and we stumbled upon a few logs lying around in the park, every part of my brain wanted to use ultrahand to stick them together 

• Like 1

I really am loving this. The sheer exploration just makes me want to explore. I really want to continue the main story but I find myself going 'What's that?' all the time lol

Then I think I want to seek out shrines. I love how subtle the puzzles are so it makes you then think what else can I do with this gizmo.

I've not seen anything online regarding bosses or dungeons etc, I don't want to spoil what's coming up. Just going at my own pace. 

I've said it already but the score is just beautiful 

11 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I really am loving this. The sheer exploration just makes me want to explore. I really want to continue the main story but I find myself going 'What's that?' all the time lol

Then I think I want to seek out shrines. I love how subtle the puzzles are so it makes you then think what else can I do with this gizmo.

I've not seen anything online regarding bosses or dungeons etc, I don't want to spoil what's coming up. Just going at my own pace. 

I've said it already but the score is just beautiful 

I caved in and brought it. I think some of my frustrations with BOTW will be here too but I figured I'd have to try it anyway.

So far so good. Trying to take it slowly. Sometimes these games stress me out because of the sheer overwhelming scale of things to do!

3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I caved in and brought it. I think some of my frustrations with BOTW will be here too but I figured I'd have to try it anyway.

So far so good. Trying to take it slowly. Sometimes these games stress me out because of the sheer overwhelming scale of things to do!

This game already far exceeds BOTW simply with where I have just got to.

My First Proper Dungeon, I won't say which one.

This is what I was craving in BOTW. Nostalgia. Zelda games have always been built on amazing dungeons and epic boss battles. I am really looking forward to what this dungeon has to offer.

Whilst I'm typing this I have Zelda paused. And I find myself just listening to the eerie music that fits with the theme of this dungeon.

I loved the fact that the game told me a location and said go there. Didn't tell me how to get there so I'm left to my own devices. Studying the map meant I could work out the way I was going to go. Do I build aircraft? A car? Or simply walk and climb.

The map is simply huge but I don't mind that. There is so much to do. I have a really good feeling about this game.

• Like 2

First dungeon done. Took some time to figure out how to complete it but still loved it. Boss battle was great.

I'm already in love with this

Now I want nothing more than to carry on with this game but I suppose I should do some work lol

On 13/05/2023 at 13:21, Zear0 said:

Thanks. I think I'm going to wait a while for the price to come down or pirate it though. Maybe I've just become a curmudgeon but BOTW lacked everything I look for in a Zelda game and based on what I've seen TOTK continues that trend.

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

First dungeon done. Took some time to figure out how to complete it but still loved it. Boss battle was great.

I'm already in love with this

Now I want nothing more than to carry on with this game but I suppose I should do some work lol

haha. I've been working from home today and managed to get an hours play on the Switch whilst on yet another pointless Teams call! lol

Getting into it now. Still a couple of minor frustrations with the controls, lack of weapons and getting a bit "lost" (have had to resort to looking at YouTube videos to help when I get stuck).

Have just cleared the first area! Probably take me the rest of my life to finish this game!

Loved the small amount I managed to play on Sunday afternoon once Amazon finally delivered. Makes the thought of tonight's game even more annoying though, knowing I'll be spending the evening at the KP watching our overpaid wasters let us all down again, when I could have been comfy at home playing TotK and having a good time instead.

37 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Loved the small amount I managed to play on Sunday afternoon once Amazon finally delivered. Makes the thought of tonight's game even more annoying though, knowing I'll be spending the evening at the KP watching our overpaid wasters let us all down again, when I could have been comfy at home playing TotK and having a good time instead.

you don't have to go mate! I'm not going tonight (bit of a late night when the kids need to be up for school) but the upside is I can get some more Zelda-ing done!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Wish I stayed at home blasting TOTK instead of putting myself through that tonight

Just jumping on for 30 minutes or so to take my frustration out on some Korok's from watching that crap lol

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just jumping on for 30 minutes or so to take my frustration out on some Korok's from watching that crap lol

I thought about it but think I want to sleep that result off. 

Though now I'm laying bed I regret leaving the switch downstairs 😂