Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

4 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Wish they’d remake Red/Blue/Gold/Silver in the same style they did Diamond & Pearl. Probably the Pokémon games I’ve enjoyed most on the switch. Did enjoy Arceus initially but I got bored fairly quickly 

Been rumours recently that Blue and Red are coming back. Something to do with Pokemon Stadium I believe. 

If they remastered it and brought Blue/Red and even yellow back they'd be big sellers. 

• Like 1

Put a few more hours into Arceus. I've now got the ability to swim. Seen 102 Pokémon and caught 85. Been rotating my team to get easy evolutions. 

I managed to trade with random people. Got a fully EV trained level 100 shiny Togekiss. I traded that for a wurmple level 5 so no idea why they went for that 🤣. Got a level 64 Drapion and a fairy flying type I had never heard of at level 70. 

I am rank 5 so getting well into this game. I do wish it was this style of game with the 8 gym format

• Like 1

On 19/07/2023 at 17:21, Zear0 said:

Anyone got experience of Pikmin games? No. 4 is getting top marks on reviews but I've never actually played the series. 

I haven't played it either, but I did notice there is a demo available now whilst browsing the eShop earlier, so you could aways have a bash at that before deciding whether to buy it.

Finished the main story of Arceus. Quite an enjoyable game. However when I brought it I was deciding between Arceus or getting a traditional Pokémon game in Diamond or Pearl. And now I've done the main story I'm not sure I can be bothered to collect all Pokémon but rather take it back and trade it in towards Pokémon Diamond and try doing a hardcore nuzlocke. Like trying nuzlockes on my mobile so would be nice to have a proper Pokémon game to try it on. I'm also tempted on Violet but I prefer the standard eight gym format and I do not believe Violet is this format. 

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Finished the main story of Arceus. Quite an enjoyable game. However when I brought it I was deciding between Arceus or getting a traditional Pokémon game in Diamond or Pearl. And now I've done the main story I'm not sure I can be bothered to collect all Pokémon but rather take it back and trade it in towards Pokémon Diamond and try doing a hardcore nuzlocke. Like trying nuzlockes on my mobile so would be nice to have a proper Pokémon game to try it on. I'm also tempted on Violet but I prefer the standard eight gym format and I do not believe Violet is this format. 

Scarlet and Violet do have eight gyms and an elite four

It is just slightly different in that you can basically explore areas and do the gyms in any order you like, however the gyms aren’t level scaled or anything (which is a massive shame) so you could rock up to what is the eighth gym first and get smacked haha

So there is still an order you should do them in, you can usually tell by the levels of Pokemon and trainers in the areas of the gyms

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

FYI, Pearl is £25 on Amazon at the moment, seems a historic low for it according to Deku deals.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

FYI, Pearl is £25 on Amazon at the moment, seems a historic low for it according to Deku deals.

That's actually a really good price seeing as the games hold their value. I've noticed Pearl is cheaper than Diamond but not really sure why. I've ordered it anyway on Prime so delivery tomorrow. You sir are a hero. Thanks

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

That's actually a really good price seeing as the games hold their value. I've noticed Pearl is cheaper than Diamond but not really sure why. I've ordered it anyway on Prime so delivery tomorrow. You sir are a hero. Thanks

No worries, hope you enjoy blasting around Sinnoh!

• Like 1

Finally beat Cynthia on Shining Pearl. Her Garchomp is disgusting.

Back to Metroid Dread. If anyone has played it, the E.M.M.I robots proper freak me out when they are chasing me. Its a great game that looks amazing. Some of the controls can be a little fiddly but overall a great addition to the Metroid series. Makes me want to replay Metroid Prime. The wait for Metroid 4 is killing me lol 

Any other recommendations for the Switch? Fancy a good RPG

• Like 1

The amount of times ive thought about stopping playing Metroid Dread because of these bloody E.M.M.I robots. But now ive finally destroyed them all and i am about to fight the last boss. Well i did go into the fight and got battered. So im thinking i need to backtrack and look for any missing collectibles so i can increase my health. 

Overall a really good game. Looks beautiful. So ill be going back to GAME and look at trade ins for something new. 

• 2 weeks later...

100 days since release and I’ve finally completed Tears of the Kingdom. 180 hours, found all the shrines and lightroots, did all the side quests (apart from Robbie’s compendium), maxed out theOcarina of Time armour before taking on the Demon King. What a game. An absolutely epic adventure.

Here’s some more for the nerds: 

What I loved:

- Link’s abilities. Every one of them was so cool. Can’t imagine ever going back to stasis, cryonis etc. 

- The dungeons. Ok, they’re not classic Zelda but the build-up to each one was unreal. I went to the Wind Temple first and the journey there was one of my favourite gaming moments ever I think.

- Exploring. Even though Hyrule is the same, it felt new. And that’s not even because of the depths and islands. I actually found the surface to be the most interesting to explore.

- Better enemies. How fcking cool are the Gleeoks?!

- The music. Just caught the atmosphere perfectly. Standouts: Rito Village, Tarrey Town, Exploring the sky 

What I didn’t like: 

- The Depths and the sky. Don’t get me wrong, the first few encounters were great. But after a while, both areas felt a bit meh and traversing them in search of say the lightroots felt like a bit of a chore at times. The Sky islands for me went downhill immediately after the first one. Every single one after that was a bit underwhelming compared to the excellent first one. 

- The sages and their abilities. They got in the way, they were annoying to summon/dismiss, and about 3/5 of them had abilities that were more or less useless. Felt like a real step back from BOTW in which the champion abilities were easy to use and all had a meaningful effect. 

All in all, it’s a definite 10/10 for me. It’s way better than BOTW but I still had a better experience with BOTW, which felt more magical to play through. I kind of liken it to Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. 2 is a better game, but 1 was mind blowing to experience. Also, I guess playing BOTW on a brand-new console with no kids pestering you all the time made for a more enjoyable experience than sneaking in 10-15 minutes here and combined with way too long evening sessions ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

100 days since release and I’ve finally completed Tears of the Kingdom. 180 hours, found all the shrines and lightroots, did all the side quests (apart from Robbie’s compendium), maxed out theOcarina of Time armour before taking on the Demon King. What a game. An absolutely epic adventure.

Here’s some more for the nerds: 

What I loved:

- Link’s abilities. Every one of them was so cool. Can’t imagine ever going back to stasis, cryonis etc. 

- The dungeons. Ok, they’re not classic Zelda but the build-up to each one was unreal. I went to the Wind Temple first and the journey there was one of my favourite gaming moments ever I think.

- Exploring. Even though Hyrule is the same, it felt new. And that’s not even because of the depths and islands. I actually found the surface to be the most interesting to explore.

- Better enemies. How fcking cool are the Gleeoks?!

- The music. Just caught the atmosphere perfectly. Standouts: Rito Village, Tarrey Town, Exploring the sky 

What I didn’t like: 

- The Depths and the sky. Don’t get me wrong, the first few encounters were great. But after a while, both areas felt a bit meh and traversing them in search of say the lightroots felt like a bit of a chore at times. The Sky islands for me went downhill immediately after the first one. Every single one after that was a bit underwhelming compared to the excellent first one. 

- The sages and their abilities. They got in the way, they were annoying to summon/dismiss, and about 3/5 of them had abilities that were more or less useless. Felt like a real step back from BOTW in which the champion abilities were easy to use and all had a meaningful effect. 

All in all, it’s a definite 10/10 for me. It’s way better than BOTW but I still had a better experience with BOTW, which felt more magical to play through. I kind of liken it to Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. 2 is a better game, but 1 was mind blowing to experience. Also, I guess playing BOTW on a brand-new console with no kids pestering you all the time made for a more enjoyable experience than sneaking in 10-15 minutes here and combined with way too long evening sessions ;) 

Pretty much my thoughts also. Don't disagree with anything you have said. 

Now it's time to find a new game to play. If you like the Metroid series then Metroid Dread is a decent game. There is also some quite important details about Samus back story that comes to life. 

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Pretty much my thoughts also. Don't disagree with anything you have said. 

Now it's time to find a new game to play. If you like the Metroid series then Metroid Dread is a decent game. There is also some quite important details about Samus back story that comes to life. 

Yeah, I’ve played Metroid Dread and loved it. I got Prime Remastered earlier this year but I’ve not touched it since I was in full Zelda mode. Seven weeks of paternity leave coming up shortly so could be a good game to get started on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Yeah, I’ve played Metroid Dread and loved it. I got Prime Remastered earlier this year but I’ve not touched it since I was in full Zelda mode. Seven weeks of paternity leave coming up shortly so could be a good game to get started on.

Ive been tempted in getting Metroid Prime. What a brilliant game. Still think Metroid Prime 3 was the best game on the Wii. Perfect controller for a character with an arm cannon