Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

My prayer for zelda is that the weapon degradation is completely overhauled and rather than 2 or 3 hits to break a branch it's more like 8 or 10, I really didn't enjoy that part of the game and I don't see why they couldn't have had a slider where you either use it or don't. But a small gripe really, the level of ambition in this title looks incredible and I can't wait to play it, that and watch what people are capable of doing online with the different systems and physics engine. 

Hmm, I don’t know if you’ve planned to avoid spoilers from the upcoming game, so I don’t want to potentially ruin something for you. All I’ll say is that I think you’ll be intrigued and pleased with how they’ve gone about the whole durability thing. 

4 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Hmm, I don’t know if you’ve planned to avoid spoilers from the upcoming game, so I don’t want to potentially ruin something for you. All I’ll say is that I think you’ll be intrigued and pleased with how they’ve gone about the whole durability thing. 

I had the same worries about weapon degradation but I agree with you, the previous video showing 10 mins gameplay has eased my mind 

On 15/04/2023 at 00:27, Zear0 said:

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/nintendo-switch-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-10248678.html?searchTerm=zelda

If you've not pre-ordered, Curry's have got it for £45 if you use the discount code on the site.

You absolute hero. What a great deal that is. I've just pre ordered it now at £45. Thanks for sharing the 'Link'. Ill see myself out lol 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2023 at 23:45, Samilktray said:

Someone in the office at work was playing the new Zelda today, had a quick blast and it was very good 

Was this on an emulator or did they somehow get ahold of it early? I’m hearing some amazing things and I can’t wait to try it out myself! Feels so surreal it’s out on Friday. I’ve taken both the kids out of the house all weekend, and my wife has promised she will do the same this coming weekend. I’m completely zonked but hopefully it’ll all be worth it when I’m able to play Zelda undisturbed for two days :D 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Was this on an emulator or did they somehow get ahold of it early? I’m hearing some amazing things and I can’t wait to try it out myself! Feels so surreal it’s out on Friday. I’ve taken both the kids out of the house all weekend, and my wife has promised she will do the same this coming weekend. I’m completely zonked but hopefully it’ll all be worth it when I’m able to play Zelda undisturbed for two days :D 

Yeah the full game leaked about a week ago pal 

6 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Yeah the full game leaked about a week ago pal 

Mm, I know. Been trying to avoid all the talk online. I was just wondering whether your mate had gotten their hands on a physical switch copy early. 

Ridiculous that its been able to be played already. I have avoided all talk of it. I know very little about the game but i seriously cant wait to play it. I just pray it lives up to my expectation. Praying for it to arrive early lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ridiculous that its been able to be played already. I have avoided all talk of it. I know very little about the game but i seriously cant wait to play it. I just pray it lives up to my expectation. Praying for it to arrive early lol 

Currently planning my work day for Friday so it means I can work from home lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Sorry, I don’t know how to do the spoiler tags so all I will say is that something missing from BOTW is not missing in TOTK. 

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/ask-the-developer-vol-9-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-part-3/

@kingcarr21 looks like our prayers have been answered my friend! :D 

I think a little sex wee just came out lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Some excellent reviews coming in for TOTK! I know Zelda always scores high but some of the scores I'm seeing are mightily impressive for a direct sequel 

I've nailed my colours to the mast in here previous, but BOTW is my favourite game ever. Seeing all the reviews say it's even better makes for glorious reading! 

17 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

I've nailed my colours to the mast in here previous, but BOTW is my favourite game ever. Seeing all the reviews say it's even better makes for glorious reading! 

Love it. I wouldn't go that far, personally (Ocarina and Twilight Princess occupy the top two spots for me), but BOTW was my favourite ever FIRST playthrough, so I'm super excited to dive into the sequel. 97 on Metacritic, wow! 

5 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Love it. I wouldn't go that far, personally (Ocarina and Twilight Princess occupy the top two spots for me), but BOTW was my favourite ever FIRST playthrough, so I'm super excited to dive into the sequel. 97 on Metacritic, wow! 

Same for me, Ocarina for the nostalgia and Twilight Princess for just being everything I wanted out of a next gen Zelda game. 

BOTW I have slated many times. Enjoyable upto a point but Im a sucker for the Zelda formula.

I just want epic boss battles. Please TOTK deliver this for me I will be happy.

My copy has been despatched but looks like it will be tomorrow for delivery. Well it better be lol

10 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Review scores for Nintendo games are irrelevant. There's a nostalgia love in that adds 10-20% onto a review score without fail.

I played BOTW for 10+ hours and I was so bloody bored. Now, that's just my opinion of course but I can still admit it's a really good game with the creativity in particular. But objectively, I don't think anyone can say that it's a 10/10. Too many flaws for that to be the case, especially when you compare to review scores of games that came out at a similar time.

Still, all that's important is that you and others love it and anyone else's opinion is irrelevant. The best game I've ever played is not necessarily my favourite game.

30 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Review scores for Nintendo games are irrelevant. There's a nostalgia love in that adds 10-20% onto a review score without fail.

I played BOTW for 10+ hours and I was so bloody bored. Now, that's just my opinion of course but I can still admit it's a really good game with the creativity in particular. But objectively, I don't think anyone can say that it's a 10/10. Too many flaws for that to be the case, especially when you compare to review scores of games that came out at a similar time.

Still, all that's important is that you and others love it and anyone else's opinion is irrelevant. The best game I've ever played is not necessarily my favourite game.

I don’t understand your first bit regarding nostalgia. Zelda and Mario games are good games, sometimes even genre-defining, and they’re absolutely deserving of good review scores. Personally, I don’t think it has much to do with nostalgia.

I don’t think you could possibly say that any game is “objectively a 10/10”. It’s all subjective in the end. As you sum up in the last bit, it’s all about how you feel yourself when playing it. I generally enjoy Zelda games, so I’m excited for TOTK and seeing these review scores naturally adds to that excitement. But that’s not to say that it’ll be my best ever game experience.