Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

On 09/03/2022 at 13:36, Scanchez said:

Completed Zelda BOTW the other day.

Honestly don't know what to do with myself. I feel lost.

Probably should check in on the family. See how my kid is.

Having said that, I've not found all of the Koroks yet...

Only just saw this, so apologies for the slow response.

I'd advise strongly against that course of action for your own sanity.

• Haha 1

On 29/03/2022 at 15:03, moore_94 said:

Breath of the Wild 2 delayed to Spring 2023

Seen rumours that this is at least partially so that they won't have to compete with Elden Ring for Game of the Year, which would make sense.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an old man. there's no point denying it.

However, I own a, sorry my kid owns a Nintendo Switch.

We want to get another controller for it (preferably like the one that comes with it that can split in to two little ones). 

Can anyone recommend any non-brand cheap alternatives?

Ta!

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Manini said:

Bought myself one of these today. Any game recommendations?

Depends on what your cup of tea is.

Single player games you can't go wrong with Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter Rise any of the Pokemon games, Luigi's Mansion 3 or New Horizons

Family games: Mario Kart 8, Mario Party (even if it is rigged), Switch Sports

Odd ball games like Tetris 99 and Golf Story worth a look too.

Enjoy it!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Depends on what your cup of tea is.

Single player games you can't go wrong with Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter Rise any of the Pokemon games, Luigi's Mansion 3 or New Horizons

Family games: Mario Kart 8, Mario Party (even if it is rigged), Switch Sports

Odd ball games like Tetris 99 and Golf Story worth a look too.

Enjoy it!

Cheers mate 

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

Cheers mate 

Switch games keep their value really well.  Buying and selling on eBay and you can, in most cases, move the games on for basically what you paid.

18 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Switch games keep their value really well.  Buying and selling on eBay and you can, in most cases, move the games on for basically what you paid.

Found that out today. It’s been a while since I owned any form of console so winced a bit when I was looking at 50 bar a piece lol 

Edited by Manini

20 minutes ago, Manini said:

Found that out today. It’s been a while since I owned any form of console so winced a bit when I was looking at 50 bar a piece lol 

If you're after a few cheaper ones to go alongside the heavy hitters then I'd throw Hades, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Into the Breach and Stardew Valley into the mix, all dependent on your personal tastes of course. Hades in particular is one of my favourite games of the last few years and is a great fit for handheld mode. Disco Elysium also received a port fairly recently and is well worth experiencing but I can't personally vouch for how well it runs or controls on Switch.

14 hours ago, Manini said:

Mario Party Superstars is decent enough as a family orientated game.  According to reddit users it's better than Mario Party.  Managed to get it at 35 quid in a shopto sale a month ago so try shopping around.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/05/2022 at 22:38, Manini said:

Overcooked 2 and Luigis Mansion are both enjoyable multiplayer games too, think you can get Overcooked 2 for about 20 quid if not less.

Edited by Nalis

Depends on your tastes but there’s currently a shed load of 2D platformers on the system…

If you liked the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy in the SNES (play them on NSO if you haven’t already) then there are three games just like them on Switch…

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

A masterpiece in 2D platforming. 

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Created by a few members of the Rareware team that were behind the original SNES DKC games.

Kaze and the Wild Masks

A love letter to the DKC series. I got it cheap on sale the other day for £8.99 (may still be on sale) and it’s superb.

All three cracking games if you enjoy the original DKC games.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

Whst exactly is Fall Guys? Lot of noise about it being free from today, is it any good?

Think of it like a 60-player version of one of those slapstick gameshows like Total Wipeout or Takeshi's Castle. Each match has four or five rounds with people getting eliminated at the end of each until the finale decides the winner. I've not played since it first launched on PlayStation but there was a decent variety of rounds then - fairly straightforward obstacle course races, memory puzzles, team events etc. - and no doubt more will have been added in the meantime.

I think it's best with a few friends when everyone's taking the piss out of eachother and getting rattled by the ragdoll physics but regardless you'll probably get a few laughs from it so worth a crack for free I'd say.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Loved the Witcher 3 as well as all the previous recommendations

PLUS all the pokemon games

Edited by FoxyPV

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of buying a Switch for my boy for his 6th birthday in a couple of months (it's for him, I promise lol )

He's currently obsessed with watching Mario games on youtube, so would rather get him playing them instead. I think he watches various mini-games so with my limited research, does that mean Mario Party Superstars is the best game to go for? 

I'm no gamer, certainly over the last few years, so will have to do a bit research to see how it all works but is it ok for 6 year olds? I was thinking of going for the cheaper lite option but I think it makes longer term sense to go for dearer option. 

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm thinking of buying a Switch for my boy for his 6th birthday in a couple of months (it's for him, I promise lol )

He's currently obsessed with watching Mario games on youtube, so would rather get him playing them instead. I think he watches various mini-games so with my limited research, does that mean Mario Party Superstars is the best game to go for? 

I'm no gamer, certainly over the last few years, so will have to do a bit research to see how it all works but is it ok for 6 year olds? I was thinking of going for the cheaper lite option but I think it makes longer term sense to go for dearer option. 

Definitely go for the full Switch version, and its Mario Party you're after. For reference, we have one of each. My lad has the lite and plays Mario party on that, but its so much better to get everyone involved on a big screen. He's been playing it since he was 4, so very easy to work and understand

• Like 1