Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

Decided to go and do a bit of sword and shield hunting tonight

Bagged myself the Hylian Shield and the Master Sword!

Hylian Shield was very easy to get with no fighting needed

Master sword was a bit of a pain in the ass

Had to beat a gloom hands and then a Phantom Ganon to get it

Doing it whilst not really having that good weapons SUCKED lol

Had to cheese the fights a bit but won in the end!

Edited by moore_94

Thoroughly enjoying the game so far, just as much as I enjoyed Breath of the wild however I feel like I’m stuck on the great sky island and I don’t know what I’m missing. I’ve done the 4 shrines and I still can’t seem to get off the island without dying

50 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Thoroughly enjoying the game so far, just as much as I enjoyed Breath of the wild however I feel like I’m stuck on the great sky island and I don’t know what I’m missing. I’ve done the 4 shrines and I still can’t seem to get off the island without dying

Dying upon impact or dying by combat before you actually leave the island? If you haven’t tried it already, aim for water when you jump off the island. Can’t remember if the game tells you this or whether you have to figure it out on your own. 

Just now, VinceNoir said:

Dying upon impact or dying by combat before you actually leave the island? If you haven’t tried it already, aim for water when you jump off the island. Can’t remember if the game tells you this or whether you have to figure it out on your own. 

Dying by falling. Tried gliding off but the glider doesn’t seem to make it. I’ll try and glide and position myself above water before the glider disintegrates 

19 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Decided to go and do a bit of sword and shield hunting tonight

Bagged myself the Hylian Shield and the Master Sword!

Hylian Shield was very easy to get with no fighting needed

Master sword was a bit of a pain in the ass

Hide contents

Had to beat a gloom hands and then a Phantom Ganon to get it

Doing it whilst not really having that good weapons SUCKED lol

Had to cheese the fights a bit but won in the end!

master sword was easy, you don't actually need to do that, just for it to be marked on your map. 

I just strapped two fans to a control stick and flew off great sky island chasing that dragon like the green goblin

Another night spent opening up the map and doing shrines. Stamina wheel starting to build up now. 3 towers left to do.

Could really do with some stronger armour but I don't want to cheat and google. So I will just keep exploring until I find something good. Highest value defence is 4. I do have an array of different buffs like shock protection etc but they are all weak.

• Like 1

Just finished off the Dragon Tears quest so now have the majority of the memories

Think I got some out of order so made sure to not watch them

Still missing a few though so try and will get those before I watch through the whole thing

Smashed a load of shrines today, about 20 - also have 4 pinned to do tomorrow (instead of watching us lol)

Now on 10 hearts, 2 full stamina rings, and 2/5s of the 3rd ring

• Like 1

I picked up only my 2nd dragons tear yesterday and the memory I played was definitely not straight after the first one. Didn't even think they would be out of order.

I'm trying to repair the mother statue. I've found 2 statues so far. No idea where the 3rd is. 

I managed to get to Eventide island yesterday. Took me way longer than it should have to find the shrine there

Decided to focus on some quests. I now have the Master Sword ( very interesting turn of events) and also the sword of the sky.

Got some decent shields but still no Hylian Shield. 

I am avoiding the last phenomena. I don't want to rush the game. I'm also a little reluctant as I'll be a little annoyed if the 4 phenomena are the only dungeons/bosses in the game

3 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Okay, so I think found this game's equivalent to the guardian's piano music and laser shit your pants moment. Holy fvcking shit. Scared to go back

No idea what you are referring to but i do not believe i have experienced that yet.

So i have been exploring loads and doing side quests. Well what i thought was a side quest turns out to be a main quest which i assume the natural order would be this quest takes place after the 4 Phenomena. Im upto the point where i am about to fight the boss of this quest. Which is actually quite an intriguing boss fight (i died after i got rid of about 1/3 of health) After dying i have decided that i really need to upgrade my defences. So i am back to exploring for better armour (i do have Midna's Mask which is a defence of 7.)

I need to locate the Great Fairies and i remember when chatting to the Gorons there was talk of a fairy so i am going to head back. I really do not want to look up on the internet where they are.

Still loving this game and the many different ways to tackle puzzles. Dungeons could be better but it is defo a step in the right direction after BOTW disappointed me so much.

Twilight Princess still has the best boss fights though.

6 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

No idea what you are referring to but i do not believe i have experienced that yet.

So i have been exploring loads and doing side quests. Well what i thought was a side quest turns out to be a main quest which i assume the natural order would be this quest takes place after the 4 Phenomena. Im upto the point where i am about to fight the boss of this quest. Which is actually quite an intriguing boss fight (i died after i got rid of about 1/3 of health) After dying i have decided that i really need to upgrade my defences. So i am back to exploring for better armour (i do have Midna's Mask which is a defence of 7.)

I need to locate the Great Fairies and i remember when chatting to the Gorons there was talk of a fairy so i am going to head back. I really do not want to look up on the internet where they are.

Still loving this game and the many different ways to tackle puzzles. Dungeons could be better but it is defo a step in the right direction after BOTW disappointed me so much.

Twilight Princess still has the best boss fights though.

It's to do with the gloom, ominous music, the screen turning red, and last but not least... hands. 

Sounds like you're pretty far! Pleased to hear you're enjoying it more than BOTW. I think the dungeons are miles better just due to the variety and the journey you have to embark on to get to them. Also, the shrines in this game are waaaaay better than in BOTW. Really enjoying it. 

46 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

It's to do with the gloom, ominous music, the screen turning red, and last but not least... hands. 

Sounds like you're pretty far! Pleased to hear you're enjoying it more than BOTW. I think the dungeons are miles better just due to the variety and the journey you have to embark on to get to them. Also, the shrines in this game are waaaaay better than in BOTW. Really enjoying it. 

Oh yes, they are horrible. I have only fought 1 as i normally run away. After i beat it something surprising attacked me also. I have no idea if it is normal for the 2nd enemy to appear after you beat the hands but i will leave it at that. I would be interested to see if the same thing happens to you.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Oh yes, they are horrible. I have only fought 1 as i normally run away. After i beat it something surprising attacked me also. I have no idea if it is normal for the 2nd enemy to appear after you beat the hands but i will leave it at that. I would be interested to see if the same thing happens to you.

Yeah it is normal whenever you fight the hands if you beat them that 2nd enemy will always appear

I actually found the 2nd enemy easier to fight

• Like 1

Finally found my first Great Fairy, no idea how I missed the massive flower bud and pink smoke 😂. Now to solve the quest. 

Each time I go into the depths it worries me just how little of the map I have opened up. 

Also is there a way to create arrows? I find that I am constantly running out of them