Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

16 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Based on that presentation, you can tell the Switch is running on its latter years. Everything announced is basically a remake or DLC. Still, quite excited for the GBA stuff as I've never played Minish Cap. Metroid Prime is nice too.

I reckon TOTK is their last major title (I don't consider Pikmin to be huge) before they finally bring out a Switch Pro or whatever it'll be.

The Minish Cap is really good, as a big Zelda fan it is right up there as one of the better games.

I really need to buy a switch again, Metroid Prime is amazing so would love to play that again. Metroid Prime 3 was a perfect game for the Wii controls.

I agree that i think the next console will be coming soon and with all this access to older games on the Switch it would make sense for them to make a Switch Pro.

Ever since Metroid Prime 3 i have been wanting MP4. Cant believe it still hasn't been released. 

38 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

The Minish Cap is really good, as a big Zelda fan it is right up there as one of the better games.

I really need to buy a switch again, Metroid Prime is amazing so would love to play that again. Metroid Prime 3 was a perfect game for the Wii controls.

I agree that i think the next console will be coming soon and with all this access to older games on the Switch it would make sense for them to make a Switch Pro.

Ever since Metroid Prime 3 i have been wanting MP4. Cant believe it still hasn't been released. 

Played a few hours last night. Absolutely loving it so far! Giving me real Link's Awakening vibes. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah all of Link’s new abilities look so cool and so much fun. There’s gonna be some amazing videos of people doing all sorts of shit. It’s a day one purchase for me regardless but I hope we get some sort of confirmation of classic Zelda dungeons soon 🙏

6 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Yeah all of Link’s new abilities look so cool and so much fun. There’s gonna be some amazing videos of people doing all sorts of shit. It’s a day one purchase for me regardless but I hope we get some sort of confirmation of classic Zelda dungeons soon 🙏

This is critical for me. For how beautiful BOTW is i just couldnt get past the fact the dungeons were awful, the bosses were awful and the fight with Calamity Ganon is quite possibly the worse boss fight ive ever experienced in a Zelda game. 

If they get the blend right it will be right up there as one of the greatest games ever for me. Adore the Zelda franchise, currently playing through Majoras Mask

Wow, after watching that i am really looking forward to exploring.

When i saw a clip of the vehicles previously my first thought was ughhh what is this. But now i see that the vehicles arent just there to jump in but you actually create them and have the capability to create all sorts of stuff means there are endless possibilities. So the exploring side of the game along with the gorgeous visuals certainly make me interested. 

Though my hope of bringing in typical dungeons looks shot down with the Ascend ability. I do think i can look past the dungeon conundrum (lyrical genius lol ) when the sheer volume of exploration is so grand.

Either way i will 100% be buying the game and im sure i will enjoy it

Pokemon Blue and Red are supposedly coming to the Switch as 'remastered' aren't they? No more Black and White. 

Still got my original Game boy colour and my original Pokemon Blue but it coming out again would tempt me into buying all those years on.

11 hours ago, Ashley said:

Pokemon Blue and Red are supposedly coming to the Switch as 'remastered' aren't they? No more Black and White. 

Still got my original Game boy colour and my original Pokemon Blue but it coming out again would tempt me into buying all those years on.

Not sure if they would remaster them when there is already Lets Go Pikachu / Eevee?

I think we will see the virtual console versions added to the Switch at some point though now that they have closed the 3DS eShop

• 2 weeks later...

Nostalgia is really rushing back playing Pokemon Stadium on the Switch Online N64 app.

People (probably rightly) complained about the current lack of any Game Boy Transfer Pak support, and it does make the game feel barebones, but the rental Pokemon have such strange movesets, which is making for a potentially interesting competitive scene.

And if you want to get REALLY into it, the Japanese version has much different movesets (but you have to be able to read and understand the move names written in Hiragana)

So I'm going to have a great time over the next few days experimenting trying to make some balanced teams to play against my friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VinceNoir said:

Final Tears of the Kingdom trailer is released at 3pm today :)

If it's anything like this, I'm probably gonna bust. Still the best video game trailer I've ever seen.  

I can't wait for this game.  Recently replayed BOTW for at least the 5th time just to get my eye back in to the world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Nostalgia is really rushing back playing Pokemon Stadium on the Switch Online N64 app.

People (probably rightly) complained about the current lack of any Game Boy Transfer Pak support, and it does make the game feel barebones, but the rental Pokemon have such strange movesets, which is making for a potentially interesting competitive scene.

And if you want to get REALLY into it, the Japanese version has much different movesets (but you have to be able to read and understand the move names written in Hiragana)

So I'm going to have a great time over the next few days experimenting trying to make some balanced teams to play against my friends.

It's all about that Ekans Hoop hurl, that's the real game. That and the Lickitung Sushi mini game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

It's all about that Ekans Hoop hurl, that's the real game. That and the Lickitung Sushi mini game.

Funny you mention that, my technique for the N64 controller doesn't work on the Switch. You go to get that bottom left corner that you own in the Player 1 position, and the Switch joycon makes your Ekans fly off the screen with a slight flick.

2 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Funny you mention that, my technique for the N64 controller doesn't work on the Switch. You go to get that bottom left corner that you own in the Player 1 position, and the Switch joycon makes your Ekans fly off the screen with a slight flick.

I might have ordered that NSO exclusive N64 wireless controller for exactly this reason lol. I tell myself it's because playing Goldeneye was a bit cumbersome with a modern pad, but them hoops are the real reason. My sister was round yesterday, so being a good host I let her use the N64 pad while I used the Switch Pro pad, and she absolutely obliterated me lol

20 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Omg that trailer was INCREDIBLE!!!!! 

Yes yes yes yes yes. Now this looks more like how I wanted BOTW to be. I saw at least 3 different bosses their. I am now getting excited for this. This might actually be the Zelda game that takes the mantle of greatest Zelda title (which for me is Twilight Princess and OoT)

My prayer for zelda is that the weapon degradation is completely overhauled and rather than 2 or 3 hits to break a branch it's more like 8 or 10, I really didn't enjoy that part of the game and I don't see why they couldn't have had a slider where you either use it or don't. But a small gripe really, the level of ambition in this title looks incredible and I can't wait to play it, that and watch what people are capable of doing online with the different systems and physics engine. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

My prayer for zelda is that the weapon degradation is completely overhauled and rather than 2 or 3 hits to break a branch it's more like 8 or 10, I really didn't enjoy that part of the game and I don't see why they couldn't have had a slider where you either use it or don't. But a small gripe really, the level of ambition in this title looks incredible and I can't wait to play it, that and watch what people are capable of doing online with the different systems and physics engine. 

Despite BOTW being my favourite game ever, the weapon breaking does my nut in.  The only reason I always grind out the Master Sword isn't for it's damage output, purely it's durability.  Hopefully some repair system might be introduced, but I doubt it.