Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm strongly considering putting money down on Trump being impeached before the end of the year:  Hardly a day goes by without the President's office disseminating obvious and easily disprovable lies or the discovery of further evidence linking parts of his campaign and administration team to the Kremlin.

Impeached or not, it doesn't mean the "status quo stalwarts" are right. Or even that Trump's lies are any more lethal than the lies that, for instance, all owed British people's support for a trading block to turn into into the attempted federalisation of their country.  

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

You're talking about a man who thinks that you can get your people to straight up lie to the press and people will accept it as the truth.  You're talking about a man who has made many offensive statements live on camera throughout his campaign.  Of course his idea of covering something up is going to look like a bad attempt at a false flag.

And Blair wasn't a bullshitter. Lies in politics...get real. 

52 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

No, what did I miss?

Impromptu presser with him ranting and raving at anyone about everything.

With all your favourite trumpisms rolled into one glorious 77 minute rant. "I'm the least anti Semitic person and the least racist person you'll ever meet" etc.

It's hard to put into words, I sat mouth open not quite believing what I was seeing. A world leader acting like that can't last for long.

Classic whataboutery.

Guy "A" lied in the past.

Therefore you can't criticise guy "B" right now.

Can all lying just not be morally wrong and open to criticism?

Edit - sorry I was responding to Thacian's posts.

Just now, Thracian said:

Impeached or not, it doesn't mean the "status quo stalwarts" are right. Or even that Trump's lies are any more lethal than the lies that, for instance, all owed British people's support for a trading block turn into into the attempted federalisation of their country.  

Ok then.

Just now, Thracian said:

And Blair wasn't a bullshitter. Lies in politics...get real. 

Even if Blair had anything to do with it, if you're going to use him as a defence for anything then you may as well burn the ethics rule book.  The man and his team make statements that are literally 100% demonstrably falsifiable and repeat them at the media, insisting that his inauguration crowds are the largest ever, that he's aaaalways been tough on Russia (constantly sucks up to Putin and is basically in his pocket), that all negative polls are fake news, it's straight out of 1984 and there is no moral defence for it.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Ok then.

Even if Blair had anything to do with it, if you're going to use him as a defence for anything then you may as well burn the ethics rule book.  The man and his team make statements that are literally 100% demonstrably falsifiable and repeat them at the media, insisting that his inauguration crowds are the largest ever, that he's aaaalways been tough on Russia (constantly sucks up to Putin and is basically in his pocket), that all negative polls are fake news, it's straight out of 1984 and there is no moral defence for it.

I don't defend him any more than the other corrupt, unsavoury  main chancers and the list of  their names is endless, starting right here in Leicestershire .   

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

I don't defend him any more than the other corrupt main chancers and the list of  their names are endless.  

Then what was the point of your initial comment?  I'm at a bit of a loss here.  You seemed to be having a go at me for being concerned about his behaviour, if you're not defending him then you're what, aggressively agreeing with me?

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Impromptu presser with him ranting and raving at anyone about everything.

With all your favourite trumpisms rolled into one glorious 77 minute rant. "I'm the least anti Semitic person and the least racist person you'll ever meet" etc.

It's hard to put into words, I sat mouth open not quite believing what I was seeing. A world leader acting like that can't last for long.

Found it on youtube, gonna stick a pizza in the oven and sit down for this.

Then what was the point of your initial comment?  I'm at a bit of a loss here.  You seemed to be having a go at me for being concerned about his behaviour, if you're not defending him then you're what, aggressively agreeing with me?

You're being selective.  When it comes to arsehole politicians I wouldn't know where to start. I'm not going to pre-judge Trump's legacy after a few weeks. But, whatevr he does, he's got a long way to go before he matches the harm Blair's done.   

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Found it on youtube, gonna stick a pizza in the oven and sit down for this.

Instead of cooking pizza, you might want to hoard bottled water, tinned goods and a crossbow....

Just now, Thracian said:

You're being selective.  When it comes to arsehole politicians I wouldn't know where to start. I'm not going to pre-judge Trump's legacy after a few weeks. But, whatevr he does, he's got a long way to go before he matches the harm Blair's done.   

I'm sorry, did you want to discuss the Iraq war?  Trump's happening right now and this is the Trump thread, of course he's what I'm talking about in here. lol

I'm sorry, did you want to discuss the Iraq war?  Trump's happening right now and this is the Trump thread, of course he's what I'm talking about in here. lol

I don't want to discuss anything with you. I've made my point. I didn't expect to change your outlook, just try to balance it.  

9 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I don't want to discuss anything with you. I've made my point. I didn't expect to change your outlook, just try to balance it.  

Your point was that Blair's a bad person who accomplished a lot of bad things which Trump hasn't and I fully agree with you.  I just don't see how that makes the situation regarding the most powerful head of state in the world right now, today, any less concerning.  Your point basically boils down to letting a child stick a knife in the toaster because "it'll be ages before he does more harm than when we gave Johnny some petrol and matches".

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Your point was that Blair's a bad person who accomplished a lot of bad things which Trump hasn't and I fully agree with you.  I just don't see how that makes the situation regarding the most powerful head of state in the world right now, today, any less concerning.  Your point basically boils down to letting a child stick a knife in the toaster because "it'll be ages before he does more harm than when we gave Johnny some petrol and matches".

As you seem so sure you can predict the folly of Trump's policies/viewpoints as expressed so far perhaps you'd give your views on his actions so far:

1) The terrorist/cultural threat to the US.

2) Illegal immigration with particular reference to Mexico.

3) Israel

4) Dialogue with Russia

5) Potential Trade Agreement with the UK

6) America First.

7) NATO defence contributions.   

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Classic whataboutery.

Guy "A" lied in the past.

Therefore you can't criticise guy "B" right now.

Can all lying just not be morally wrong and open to criticism?

Edit - sorry I was responding to Thacian's posts.

Of course it can along with a whole lot of other "example/honesty" aspects but you'd likely have very few politicians. 

18 minutes ago, Thracian said:

As you seem so sure you can predict the folly of Trump's policies/viewpoints as expressed so far perhaps you'd give your views on his actions so far:

3) Israel

4) Dialogue with Russia

6) America First.

The fact there's 7 areas to that list and he's been President for under a month, you could argue he's trying to tackle too many deeply complex things all at once. Has anyone pointed out to him he has a term of 4 years! 

The travel ban is a key example of this - had he and his team taken time to consider what they wanted to implement and how to make it constitutionally sound they could still have this in place now.

Instead, it was a rushed executive order, badly communicated to the people that needed to enforce the action and was sufficiently robust to withstand legal challenges. 

If this was essential for America's security, as Trump claims, he has to take some responsibility for the fact that what he and his team implements as a solution was poorly executed - and is now taking time to put back in place. 

10 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The fact there's 7 areas to that list and he's been President for under a month, you could argue he's trying to tackle too many deeply complex things all at once. Has anyone pointed out to him he has a term of 4 years! 

The travel ban is a key example of this - had he and his team taken time to consider what they wanted to implement and how to make it constitutionally sound they could still have this in place now.

Instead, it was a rushed executive order, badly communicated to the people that needed to enforce the action and was sufficiently robust to withstand legal challenges. 

If this was essential for America's security, as Trump claims, he has to take some responsibility for the fact that what he and his team implements as a solution was poorly executed - and is now taking time to put back in place. 

If you're asking me if Trump's a reactionary I'd entirely agree. He's also a bloke who tends to rein in his ideas with second and third thoughts. It's a risky trend I'd agree but not necessarily worse than promising all sorts of things and doing nothing, or not enough to make a difference.  .   

Just now, Thracian said:

3) Israel

4) Dialogue with Russia

6) America First.

Thanks for snapping out of the non-sequiturs and giving me a real question.  You're still being very silly with the whole et tu Nostradamus bs, I'm just saying he's a nut which is obvious, but at least there's a coherent thought process evident in this needlessly accusatory post and since you went to the effort of asking I may as well try to answer as best I can:

1) He's definitely emboldened terrorists against them, they're using his rhetoric as leaflet material fgs. 

2) He's taking a scattergun approach to his ICE raids instead of targeting criminals like he said he would (or like the previous administration did), not going to make him popular in southern states where they like to benefit from cheap labour.

3) Trump doesn't even know what Trump wants to do on Israel, did you see him giving that press briefing with Netanyahu?  It was unbelievably awkward.  I think it was Stephen Colbert who said he's going to solve the Israel-Palestine conflict because both sides will have to agree that he's an idiot. :D

4) Dialogue with Russia?  It's a one-way conversation and Trump's lips might be flapping but he's definitely not the half that's talking.  If a man known to murder his critics having the man in the White House in his pocket doesn't worry you then I don't know what will.

5) Hopefully Theresa can sneak a good one into the pile of papers he signs without reading like Steve Bannon did to get on the security council.

6) Frightful rhetoric.

7) I have no problem with his desire to strengthen NATO.

19 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

No good comes from this sort of behaviour 

O that you spoke sooner.

Guest FriendlyRam

Even the die hard Trump fans have to finally see he's a fruitcake. In fact I've started feeling sorry for him, its clear he has mentle health issues, he's not fit to run a bath never mind hold office. 

the poor BBC bloke got it in the neck and he hadn't even started asking his question at that point. I think something needs to be done before Trump does something extremely stupid. 

Archived