Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

I have no idea about how an opinion piece regarding conservatives speaking frankly got led into a discussion about liberal bias, but hey...

Meanwhile, in the Deep South... http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/34478833/proposed-bill-deems-children-born-through-artificial-insemination-illegitimate-children

Clearly designed by fundies to mess with and make things more difficult for LGBT couples who use surrogates or AI to conceive.

Not blaming Trump for this (he's no religious man from what I can tell), but his success has allowed all kinds of fundies out of the woodwork believing that discriminatory stuff like this will fly now. This is just one example of many.

Not sure if anyone else has posted about this (went back a few pages) but what on earth is that pulling his guests like a tug of war handshake thingy all about?

Looked like Trudeau pulled right back.

Surely the sensible thing to do would be to let the President pull you right into him so you stick the heid on him.

:blink:

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Not sure if anyone else has posted about this (went back a few pages) but what on earth is that pulling his guests like a tug of war handshake thingy all about?

Looked like Trudeau pulled right back.

Surely the sensible thing to do would be to let the President pull you right into him so you stick the heid on him.

:blink:

Thrilla on the hilla. Trudeau would take trump down lol

7 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Flynn has resigned.

I hope he isn't a pawn in a play by the administration to say they do not have any connections with Russia now... they better get fully investigated.

He's just taking the fall. With what the FBI did to Hilary in the election, I wouldn't count on them opposing trump and launching an investigation.

It would take a mutiny in Congress by a faction of the republican party in order for a proper investigation to occur. It's unfortunate that in 2017 we place party loyalty higher than patriotism. That we would gladly allow a foreign power to meddle with the democratic process that we claim to hold sacred, as long as it ensured our side won.

http://news.sky.com/story/government-trump-should-be-extended-full-courtesy-of-state-visit-10767423

Wasn't really much else they could do without suffering a serious diplomatic headache. It would be nice, however, if there were some words spoken regarding the current policy of our biggest ally. And don't say we shouldn't say anything because it's "not our business" - that's not stopped the UK from voicing views about the human rights records of countries in the past and it shouldn't now.

28 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

http://news.sky.com/story/government-trump-should-be-extended-full-courtesy-of-state-visit-10767423

Wasn't really much else they could do without suffering a serious diplomatic headache. It would be nice, however, if there were some words spoken regarding the current policy of our biggest ally. And don't say we shouldn't say anything because it's "not our business" - that's not stopped the UK from voicing views about the human rights records of countries in the past and it shouldn't now.

It definitely shouldn't. The people that disagree with him should be allowed to express their views as always, but he has to have the right to explain his views. 

Simply telling him we don't agree so he isn't allowed here is a cowards tactic more in line with the French. 

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

It definitely shouldn't. The people that disagree with him should be allowed to express their views as always, but he has to have the right to explain his views. 

Simply telling him we don't agree so he isn't allowed here is a cowards tactic more in line with the French. 

Yeah, no disagreement here. Let him be here, let him speak, let there be words (hopefully) from our Government about what might be wrong with it, and let the satirists run free.

And Trump has now confirmed NATO countries will have to pay more if America is to provide the same commitment to defending them. The accepted contribution is 2% of GDP but only five countries including the UK meet that.

He is, of course, absolutely right. As is May for confirming she's looking forward to meeting him. It would be astoundingly counter-productive not to.

God help us if the banner wavers ever get to run our country with their reactionary, hypocritical belief that their opinions are somehow better than those who elected the guy. Whether we like it or not he's President of the US and the wellbeing of our countries is massively linked both economically, militarily and culturally.                

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

And Trump has now confirmed NATO countries will have to pay more if America is to provide the same commitment to defending them. The accepted contribution is 2% of GDP but only five countries including the UK meet that.

He is, of course, absolutely right. As is May for confirming she's looking forward to meeting him. It would be astoundingly counter-productive not to.

God help us if the banner wavers ever get to run our country with their reactionary, hypocritical belief that their opinions are somehow better than those who elected the guy. Whether we like it or not he's President of the US and the wellbeing of our countries is massively linked both economically, militarily and culturally.                

Russia? 

16 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Russia? 

I'm strongly considering putting money down on Trump being impeached before the end of the year:  Hardly a day goes by without the President's office disseminating obvious and easily disprovable lies or the discovery of further evidence linking parts of his campaign and administration team to the Kremlin.

33 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm strongly considering putting money down on Trump being impeached before the end of the year:  Hardly a day goes by without the President's office disseminating obvious and easily disprovable lies or the discovery of further evidence linking parts of his campaign and administration team to the Kremlin.

You won't bother when you see the odds being offered - been priced up as a near certainty.

And part of me ponders... shouldn't this sort of thing be better hidden if there was any substance? It's not even been a month yet? 

10 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You won't bother when you see the odds being offered - been priced up as a near certainty.

And part of me ponders... shouldn't this sort of thing be better hidden if there was any substance? It's not even been a month yet? 

You're talking about a man who thinks that you can get your people to straight up lie to the press and people will accept it as the truth.  You're talking about a man who has made many offensive statements live on camera throughout his campaign.  Of course his idea of covering something up is going to look like a bad attempt at a false flag.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Like his own republicans will impeach him. Dont you need it to pass through both the house and senate 

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Like his own republicans will impeach him. Dont you need it to pass through both the house and senate 

I thought it was the republicans behind it? There's not many that actually like him.

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Just now, Webbo said:

I thought it was the republicans behind it? There's not many that actually like him.

House has to propose impeachment, Senate have to ratify.

Not sure there are enough repubs wanting him out to get the majority needed for the time being, though.

12 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

House has to propose impeachment, Senate have to ratify.

Not sure there are enough repubs wanting him out to get the majority needed for the time being, though.

Webbo's right, but there's also the matter that in the modern age a victory for the party is more important than personal ethics so they'll let it slide for a while longer, I just feel like the way things are unravelling it's only a matter of time until Trump pushes his luck too far.

Archived