Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

UFC ...

23 minutes ago, the fox said:

Zabit is just a video game character! the guy is too good. He needs to work on his tank and he could be the next champ

Was a hell of a fight! I doubt it will be topped. Only shock value in these last 2 could really derail it as the fight of the night. 

Hoping Rose does Joanna again here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the fox said:

WOW, Khabib pieced Al with jabs and won the fight 5-0. 50-44. 50-43. 50-43 and Joe Rogan was acting like he was in trouble. smh!

I don't think it was so much he was in trouble but more to do with the fact that they expected khabib to just blitz the guy out quickly. Looked to me like khabib was just messing around. In a golovkin style well you can't hurt me kind of way and tried to make it abit more of a show. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I don't think it was so much he was in trouble but more to do with the fact that they expected khabib to just blitz the guy out quickly. Looked to me like khabib was just messing around. In a golovkin style well you can't hurt me kind of way and tried to make it abit more of a show. 

Think He was in a lose-lose situation right there. He finishes him early and Al (who had a 13-3 record and great TDD and boxing) will be a "scrub", and if he does like he did this fight, he's not good enough.

He was jabbing Al's face but tbf, he as leaving his chin out there. I don't think for a second that he will stand much with Conor. He will just spam takedowns and smash Conor with GnP for the first 3 rounds at least.

One good thing about the fight is that Khabib proved that he can go 5 rounds. He wants' GSP at LW but I don't think it a great match-up for him (just like Tyron Woodley). He (GSP) is just an amazing all-around fighter and just bigger than Khabib. I think he should take on Tony first and then Conor to solidify himself as the best155er in the world and make his way to the goat conversation (IMO, if he beats Tony and Conor and another 2 title defenses, he's the LW GOAT)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Think He was in a lose-lose situation right there. He finishes him early and Al (who had a 13-3 record and great TDD and boxing) will be a "scrub", and if he does like he did this fight, he's not good enough.

He was jabbing Al's face but tbf, he as leaving his chin out there. I don't think for a second that he will stand much with Conor. He will just spam takedowns and smash Conor with GnP for the first 3 rounds at least.

One good thing about the fight is that Khabib proved that he can go 5 rounds. He wants' GSP at LW but I don't think it a great match-up for him (just like Tyron Woodley). He (GSP) is just an amazing all-around fighter and just bigger than Khabib. I think he should take on Tony first and then Conor to solidify himself as the best155er in the world and make his way to the goat conversation (IMO, if he beats Tony and Conor and another 2 title defenses, he's the LW GOAT)

Wasnt an impressive performance, IF someone can stuff his take downs and negate his ground game he could be in big trouble.

Thats a big if.

Shame Tony didnt get to fight as his is good off his back so would've been could to see how he deals with the wrestling aspect

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Wasnt an impressive performance, IF someone can stuff his take downs and negate his ground game he could be in big trouble.

Thats a big if.

Shame Tony didnt get to fight as his is good off his back so would've been could to see how he deals with the wrestling aspect

Thing is, the 2 biggest threats for Khbib at LW are Tony and Conor. And both don't have a great TDD. especially Conor. If he had a fighter like Woodley at LW, it can be a problem for him (i think Lee is his biggest threat in the future if Lee improves)

Conor can KO anyone stiff at LW but Khabib is yet to show that he has a weak chin. He leaves his chin out there but he's yet to get knocked down or lose a round in the MMA. Think he can take 2-3 heavy blows from Conor and take him down and with Conor's not-so-impressive tank, he would gas out by the 3rd round.

I'm with you, Tony is a problem for him but we saw as Khabib's career evolved, his standing game improved a bit. If he can master the GSP jab with the threat of his takedown looming and making fighter afraid to commit to their punches, he would make it easy work.

Hopefully, we get a Khabib vs tony fight soon.

10 minutes ago, the fox said:

Thing is, the 2 biggest threats for Khbib at LW are Tony and Conor. And both don't have a great TDD. especially Conor. If he had a fighter like Woodley at LW, it can be a problem for him (i think Lee is his biggest threat in the future if Lee improves)

Conor can KO anyone stiff at LW but Khabib is yet to show that he has a weak chin. He leaves his chin out there but he's yet to get knocked down or lose a round in the MMA. Think he can take 2-3 heavy blows from Conor and take him down and with Conor's not-so-impressive tank, he would gas out by the 3rd round.

I'm with you, Tony is a problem for him but we saw as Khabib's career evolved, his standing game improved a bit. If he can master the GSP jab with the threat of his takedown looming and making fighter afraid to commit to their punches, he would make it easy work.

Hopefully, we get a Khabib vs tony fight soon.

[âIMG]]

Not huge but definitely not unbeatable by better strikers 

23 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

[âIMG]]

Not huge but definitely not unbeatable by better strikers 

No one is unbeatable. A lucky punch can get things done.

But to be fair, he's making progress in his striking. I don't think Khabib would keep his hands down vs Conor. To me, Khabib looks hittable but is yet to get knocked down. His boxing looks awkward but it stands as a testament to how great of a fighter he is. 10 fights in the UFC, never lost a round so the only thing that people think about are hypotheticals. MJ got mauled after that.

MJ has heavy hands and one of the best LW at striking. The fight starts standing but the moment he gets you down and starts GnP'ing, a fighter doesn't look the same after.

He needs to beat Conor and Tony to prove that maybe he doesn't have a great striking but he can get things done.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, the fox said:

Lately, the fighter who miss weight seems to win. I have no dog in the fight so I'm just looking for some great matches and may the best man wins.

Should be a good fight hopefully, wonderboy is a phenomenal fighter