Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Sunderland post match thread

First time this season I've genuinely been livid watching a game. There was no fight, no ability and no structure or a game plan to our performance.

Forget the title win, that was last season and this season we are bang in trouble. That means Claudio needs to lose his loyalty to the players that won it for us- it's just not working.

Defensively we are atrocious and that starts mainly in midfield. King and Amartey just play sideways passes and are so cemented in that middle of the park that they never go and win 50 50's or go and support our wingers. I hate going back to the classic Kante example but whenever he was playing he always created 2 on ones on and off the ball because of his energy, King just got swept aside today every time.

Vardy and Mahrez I Cba to chat about, complete waste of spaces at the moment.

Zieler was better today. 

Next game? Use our squad. Morgan Huth King Amartey Mahrez Albrighton and Vardy all need dropping, unfortunately we ****ed up our summer dealings so our only options for centre mid is a crocked little Frenchmen or a polish kid who supposedly isn't ready. But, bring in the likes of Hernandez, Musa, Schlupp, Ulloa, Gray. That's what a squad is for, they can't do any worse.

Extremely disappointed today and something is severely wrong. I said in the summer maybe Ranieri should resign/retire and end on a high a la fergie and I'm being proven right.

1 minute ago, Collibosher70 said:

Something needs to happen and quick...amartey and king are woeful..slimani looks knackered..Simpson is crap full stop.

Disagree completely with that. One of the few that can come out with any credit this season

If he isn't sacked by Monday I would be very surprised do people honestly think the owners want there club back in the championship after winning the league Ranieri just don't know any other formations and his tactical ability is terrible, I'm left fuming after another dismal display from my beloved team due to poor manager decisions keeping players in the team when others deserved the starting line up 5 games ago 

Been waiting for us to click at some point, doesn't feel like it's going to happen. the performances are the most worrying, truly awful to watch. CR now needs to prove he has the energy to deal with a very poor spell, he's never been known as someone who has managed in a relegation battle. Does he want that now? It wouldn't surprise me if he stood down voluntarily if we produce the same dross in the next 4/5 matches 

No idea why we still persist with 4-4-2 when it's patently obvious that everyone has it worked out.

I sincerely hope that we're going with a middle three of Drinkwater-Mendy-Ndidi come January or we're screwed.

We may still be screwed, as nobody bar Shinji is coming out with credit at the moment.

2 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

If he isn't sacked by Monday I would be very surprised do people honestly think the owners want there club back in the championship after winning the league Ranieri just don't know any other formations and his tactical ability is terrible, I'm left fuming after another dismal display from my beloved team due to poor manager decisions keeping players in the team when others deserved the starting line up 5 games ago 

Nah he'll have more time. They gave Pearson a full season until Cambiasso saved us.

Ranieri does need to change things but, i think it's too early to talk about sacking him. Give him a chance to change things round, Shaky needs to also take some blame, we need to get back to our high pressing game first before we start changing formations 

Archived