Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Sunderland post match thread

This is the time to pick players on form and confidence .We cannot wait any longer for things to change with the current team or formation clearly not working and we look on the slide

However very short of options in middle of the park but surely the Porto game can be used to mix things up.

At the moment we look in real danger and Ranieri is going to have to make some tough decisions - he has been in management long enough to know that nobody is safe is their job when form is so poor -really hope he can turn it around as I respect the man and what he has brought to the club.

10 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

Go on then... Someone try and defend Ranieri.

I'll always be grateful for what he did last season but now his time is unfortunately up for me. We cant watch him turn us into relegation fodder whilst we just turn a blind eye and proclaim, quite happily, "he won us the league! he's a legend!" 

Were you saying the same about Pearson when he had us bottom of the league for three quarters of the season, and while we were going 13 games without a win before christmas, taking just 2 points from 33 in the process?

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

No idea why we still persist with 4-4-2 when it's patently obvious that everyone has it worked out.

I sincerely hope that we're going with a middle three of Drinkwater-Mendy-Ndidi come January or we're screwed.

We may still be screwed, as nobody bar Shinji is coming out with credit at the moment.

It smells of a panic buy, he's too similar to Amartey and the January transfer window usually means buyers are getting screwed over.

We had the opportunity to build something over the summer, but that is now backfiring big time.

Guest seanfox778

The majority of the team needs to be dropped. They know they're assured a starting place regardless of their performances so they've got no motivation to perform well, they're all sorted for life on their big contracts. We need a real team shake up next week, the likes of Ulloa, Schlupp, Hernandez and Gray should just start, there's no reason not to try something different, if we lose again, it's just the same as every week. 

I have no cheer in predicting the scoreline correctly today..I didn't even bet on it.

I was right. Amartey is not good enough to play at this level. Again though, I don't blame him. I blame the club for keeping on playing him in a 442

We have not won away all season...in fact, I think we have picked up one point?

Ranieri is playing with the same tactics every week. Bizarre in the extreme. And we have one of the worst goals conceded stats in the division now.

Amazing though it sounds, a team in the last 16 of the Champs League look every bit a relegation side on current form.

Unless something radical changes, we could be the first team, I think in history, to win the first division, to then get relegated in successive seasons.

We look appalling.........

...I know they are both Algerian but does anyone else notice that if either Slimani or Mahrez get the ball they ALWAYS look to pass to each other - regardless of whether it is the best option ? 

.....someone needs to have a word.

8 minutes ago, Collibosher70 said:

Something needs to happen and quick...amartey and king are woeful..slimani looks knackered..Simpson is crap full stop.

Can you expand on this? I think he's been one of our most consistent player. One of the last few names I would single out.

Just now, CollinsLCFC said:

Can you expand on this? I think he's been one of our most consistent player. One of the last few names I would single out.

Yep. Share the sentiment.

Before we start discussing Simpson, our centre-backs should be put under well-deserved scrutiny.

Well, practically 80% of the team that won the title last season.

4-4-2 , what do you expect ?

"insanity : Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result "

this summs CR's stubborn antics pretty well.

I am now starting to give some credits to the theory that the team won despite of him last season, and Claudio had basically salvaged all the momentum

and steam that Pearson built during the great escape run.

If we are in the relegation battle past boxing day, he has to be shown the door because i don't think he is fit for that very kind of battle.

2 minutes ago, theadmans said:

...I know they are both Algerian but does anyone else notice that if either Slimani or Mahrez get the ball they ALWAYS look to pass to each other - regardless of whether it is the best option ? 

.....someone needs to have a word.

Oh, that's why Zieler always passes to Huth ... smh

11 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

If he isn't sacked by Monday I would be very surprised 

Prepare to be very surprised then mate because (rightly or wrongly) there is virtually no chance he'll be sacked. If the Thais stuck with Pearson through the losing run, the whole McCarthy thing, Ostrich-gate and after he swore at a supporter then I'd say that Ranieri (who has not long signed a new contract, remember) is safe as houses.

Whether that's a good thing or not is debatable but CR ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

16 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

And the reactions will be totally justified... we lost to the team bottom, we have picked up one point against the likes of West Brom, Watford, Boro and Sunderland... it is very very concerning 

Keep your hair on ffs. I didn't say anything about how justified it would be, I said the reaction on here would be even more depressing than the game and I reckon I'm correct.

First time this season I've genuinely been livid watching a game. There was no fight, no ability and no structure or a game plan to our performance.

Forget the title win, that was last season and this season we are bang in trouble. That means Claudio needs to lose his loyalty to the players that won it for us- it's just not working.

Defensively we are atrocious and that starts mainly in midfield. King and Amartey just play sideways passes and are so cemented in that middle of the park that they never go and win 50 50's or go and support our wingers. I hate going back to the classic Kante example but whenever he was playing he always created 2 on ones on and off the ball because of his energy, King just got swept aside today every time.

Vardy and Mahrez I Cba to chat about, complete waste of spaces at the moment.

Zieler was better today. 

Next game? Use our squad. Morgan Huth King Amartey Mahrez Albrighton and Vardy all need dropping, unfortunately we ****ed up our summer dealings so our only options for centre mid is a crocked little Frenchmen or a polish kid who supposedly isn't ready. But, bring in the likes of Hernandez, Musa, Schlupp, Ulloa, Gray. That's what a squad is for, they can't do any worse.

Extremely disappointed today and something is severely wrong. I said in the summer maybe Ranieri should resign/retire and end on a high a la fergie and I'm being proven right.

In an ideal world most of the side from last season should have been retired.  No motivation left, mentally tired, no inspiration?  Whatever.  A new side needs to be build and very quickly.  Players need to be brought in who can make an impact immediately.  A big task and really Claudio's loyalty to his players from last season has to end.  The situation is dire and getting worse.  At least we need a group of players who will fight and run and play as a team.

Archived