Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Livid

Fearless Foxes DVD

Can't wait to get this, i'm hoping to get it for Christmas but know I won't (As i've seen the receipt via email lol) but i'll be getting it boxing day as well as Fossils and Foxes.

Thing is the pessimist, the moaner in me slags these players off for this season, in a way rightly so, on the other hand I can't thank them enough and we don't expect last season all over again, but we expect better than this, they're better than this, but every time last season is spoken about, every time there is a montage, I well up and I wouldn't want it any other way.

It's better than the season review in terms of insight and interviews but I felt like it built to a rather underwhelming ending (the Chelsea v Spurs section in particular). Seemed to me as if some of the interviews had been done before we'd won it from the way people were talking.

Well worth a watch but it would be nice if one day someone produced one with a wider variety of interviews, more coverage of the smaller/background stories but still a good selection of actual highlights. Feels a little like it's been rushed out as the season review one was.

10 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It's better than the season review in terms of insight and interviews but I felt like it built to a rather underwhelming ending (the Chelsea v Spurs section in particular). Seemed to me as if some of the interviews had been done before we'd won it from the way people were talking.

Well worth a watch but it would be nice if one day someone produced one with a wider variety of interviews, more coverage of the smaller/background stories but still a good selection of actual highlights. Feels a little like it's been rushed out as the season review one was.

You would have to think it would be an independent company that produces it as we clearly can't pull that together but yeah completely agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it (was it £10 before Christmas?). I felt it could have done with another half hour, interview a few more players. Not bad though. The Andrea Boccelli bit sent a shiver down my spine. I even clapped the telly when he finished. What a twat I am.

I wouldn't worry, these two DVD's have been rushed out to be instant cash cows,

Last season's achievements have gone down in history and will be forever remembered. I reckon in a few years time we'll get a proper documentary which does the achievement justice.

Things relating to last season will never stop being done. For example Liverpool have had about a Dozen 'Istanbul' related films/reviews done and that's nowhere near the scale of our achievement.

Things done much after are always better anyway, they can properly trawl through all the footage, get new in-depth interviews etc, 

1 hour ago, Staffs Fox said:

I wouldn't worry, these two DVD's have been rushed out to be instant cash cows,

Last season's achievements have gone down in history and will be forever remembered. I reckon in a few years time we'll get a proper documentary which does the achievement justice.

Things relating to last season will never stop being done. For example Liverpool have had about a Dozen 'Istanbul' related films/reviews done and that's nowhere near the scale of our achievement.

Things done much after are always better anyway, they can properly trawl through all the footage, get new in-depth interviews etc, 

This

Look at the 2004 DVD for the 120 year anniversary. Extreme example but they had the old club secretary, Little, MON, ex players etc. They were able to tell the story, offer information you wouldn't have got when they were an employee, insights that were really great to hear.

I admit I haven't seen it yet, but I imagine it's chock full of players and staff, employed by the club, taking the club line, making everything positive and misty eyed.

Do a documentary in 10 years time after retirements, reflections and the follow-up season and you will get a real insight into the triumph, what it meant, what went on, little ditties that can't be revealed now. It'll also help contextualise when you lump it in with 2016/17.

I always enjoy the old VSI season reviews, simply for their sheer honesty and how they took on the controversial issues/events of the season. You just don't get that anymore.

Bought this Boxing Day, not watched it yet, not even got it out the wrapper.

Not sure when I'm gonna watch it, not really sure I can deal with it.

Last season to this season, polar opposites, these are not the same players, I'm not having it.

Other teams must have been ****ing shocking last season to make us look so good. They can't simply have become so bad, not possible.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Er. tiptoeing into this thread as it's A) really old and B) not sure if anyone wants to watch it right now

But if anyone does have an hour... clicky 

Thank you. Don't ever delete that Google file so I can keep watching it when I'm fed up of what is going on right now! Almost like a dream now but what a great time it was!

Archived