Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Boro Post match 0-0

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Yes I've just said that. Are you now arguing with me for agreeing?

lol

You've essentially said the same as Dickov already in this thread, and you've got a history of responding with sarcasm at anyone who agrees with you because most posters don't...

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

He may do in that division haha. I also agree that it certainly wouldn't harm having all the Barcelona players round. However, if it was Messi or Ronaldo playing in our current team, I think they'd contribute more to our performance than Marhez as he's more Accrington Stanley quality himself when compared to those two real greats. There again most players are. I've never heard of Messi or Ronaldo though going for so many games looking as disinterested or continually being late for training. Players like Ronaldo in particular are there early for training and leave even later when the rest have gone home. Ronaldo's greatness is not all luck or a gift he was born with, he's worked and continues to work hard to be great. Compared with these, Marhez is a footballing pygmy and will remain so unless he changes his attitude Imo. 

With Ronaldo, we wouldn't have won the title last season. I'm sure. Questioning Mahrez's attitude, you should see the drama queen that is Ronaldo. Be thankful of what Mahrez has done while he was one of the least paid player in Europe. smh

Edit: when you qualify a great player by words like 'pygmy", you lose any credibility.

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

No that's not what you said, but your implication - that any negative reaction to today is over the top because we had a couple of similarly disappointing displays in our title winning season - is totally unreasonable given that the nature of the display today was totally different to the Bournemouth game last year. 

And it goes without saying that what the possession stats don't tell you is that Bournemouth played very well and bossed the first half. They then had a man sent off and sat in, but we were actively trying to win the game which is more than can be said for today. 

One year ago, we were unable to beat Bournemouth at the KP and

had just 2 shots on target, although,as you have mentioned, we were

playing the last 30 minutes against 10 men, although we were in a much,

much better situation than now, although the team was full of self-confidence,

although Mahrez and Vardy were in superb form, although Kante had

everything under controll in the center of the park etc.

Yes, we tried to win it. But we didn't . We didn't even score.

As a few days before, also at home, against ManCity.

And on Boxing Day last season we lost at Anfield. Also without

scoring.

In other words: 0 Goals in those 3 end-of-the- year matches 

Perhaps some in this forum should try to remember, what they wrote

one year ago.

A point which could and probably should of been 3 with more attacking threat.

That was imo, down to our central 3 in amartey king and mendy having no time whatsoever playing in this formation, have they ever even played together??

The main reason we were so toothless in attack was the lack of support from any two of this 3.

king, whilst putting a shift in didn't offer hardly any support

Mendy tried and made some decent tackles and interceptions but none of them broke forward when needed.

Amartey did well defensively but still looks scared to death when in possession in the final third.

This formation has potential but only if the application is right in both an attacking and defensive sense.

That being said Ulluoa didn't win much and when he did, he struggled to hold the ball up.

It was a poor game attacking wise and a spirited one defence wise.

I think mendy coming back with ndidi coming in and Danny getting rested will set us up nice for upsetting united.

We ain't sparked much at all yet this season, but still in a position where we could make a success of it.

Am I wishing for too much??

Yes Ndidi...

16 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

One year ago, we were unable to beat Bournemouth at the KP and

had just 2 shots on target, although,as you have mentioned, we were

playing the last 30 minutes against 10 men, although we were in a much,

much better situation than now, although the team was full of self-confidence,

although Mahrez and Vardy were in superb form, although Kante had

everything under controll in the center of the park etc.

Yes, we tried to win it. But we didn't . We didn't even score.

As a few days before, also at home, against ManCity.

And on Boxing Day last season we lost at Anfield. Also without

scoring.

In other words: 0 Goals in those 3 end-of-the- year matches 

Perhaps some in this forum should try to remember, what they wrote

one year ago.

Huge difference between trying to win the match and meeting a defence in top form and having one of those days where it just won't go in no matter what you do and a performance like today where we maybe crossed the halfway line twice in the second half, both in stoppage time

47 minutes ago, MattCan said:

With Ronaldo, we wouldn't have won the title last season. I'm sure. Questioning Mahrez's attitude, you should see the drama queen that is Ronaldo. Be thankful of what Mahrez has done while he was one of the least paid player in Europe. smh

Edit: when you qualify a great player by words like 'pygmy", you lose any credibility.

Footballing Pygmy was meant in the metaphorical and not literal sense. Rather like your use of the term 'drama queen'. Also see figurative speech or idioms. I don't think many people reading my comment would have really thought I was likening one of our players to a person short in stature from equatorial Africa. That would just be silly and pointless.

Last season Mahrez would have won that game for us, one moment of pure genius...however so far this season he has been a disgrace, moping around the pitch, trying to do too many step over and tricks and spends half his time running into people.

He is without a shadow of a doubt the best player ever to wear our shirt, but he is letting himself down, badly. If he desperately wants to leave, let him go...his performances don't suggest he's a player that wants to stay. He just isn't offering anything at the moment.

Todays performance has infuriated me, we've gone from champions of England, to playing for a draw with the mighty Boro...it's unacceptable it really is, they were there for the taking today and with the games we've got coming up we should have bloody taken it, because we will be up a shit creek without a paddle, life jacket or boat for that matter if we lose our next three at home...which we will.

36 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Last season Mahrez would have won that game for us, one moment of pure genius...however so far this season he has been a disgrace, moping around the pitch, trying to do too many step over and tricks and spends half his time running into people.

He is without a shadow of a doubt the best player ever to wear our shirt, but he is letting himself down, badly. If he desperately wants to leave, let him go...his performances don't suggest he's a player that wants to stay. He just isn't offering anything at the moment.

Todays performance has infuriated me, we've gone from champions of England, to playing for a draw with the mighty Boro...it's unacceptable it really is, they were there for the taking today and with the games we've got coming up we should have bloody taken it, because we will be up a shit creek without a paddle, life jacket or boat for that matter if we lose our next three at home...which we will.

We have yeah. We had no Kante, Vardy or Drinkwater today. Time to suck it up. 

42 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

This is what Gerry Taggart said about Mahrez today on LCFC radio:

" Mahrez looked on it. He looks hungry and when he's in possession he's been positive and direct. Good signs"

I just don't know who to believe any more...:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Footballing Pygmy was meant in the metaphorical and not literal sense. Rather like your use of the term 'drama queen'. Also see figurative speech or idioms. I don't think many people reading my comment would have really thought I was likening one of our players to a person short in stature from equatorial Africa. That would just be silly and pointless.

Footballing pygmy is a direct and negative assessment of footballing quality.

Drama Queen is a description of someone who complains excessively but is not a negative assessment of his footballing quality; it is only about his attitude.

See the difference?

It was an interesting set-up to play what looked like three central midfielders and no width. What it did do is make us look solid at times but we lacked that killer class really. I think that was down to the lack of ability on show as so many of our offensive players played like crap. I also havent seen so many of our players in the same position fighting for the same ball LOL. It was almost like kids in a playground.

Mendy was poor but I did enjoy his run of the pitch when he was subbed as it looked like a cross between someone running in the wind along with that Brownlee brother who was collapsing as he attempted to win a race. It was the weirdest thing I have seen on a pitch for a while but then again his whole running style is weird. Hopefully he improves.

The positives are that its two games with a clean sheet and two games without losing. I know some are being critical of CR for our lack of attacking intensity but we played two up front and one behind so the intent was there but the execution wasnt. I know we defended deeper in the second half which was a bit of a wind up but at least the draw builds up some confidence.  

17 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Footballing pygmy is a direct and negative assessment of footballing quality.

Drama Queen is a description of someone who complains excessively but is not a negative assessment of his footballing quality; it is only about his attitude.

See the difference?

See the difference Matt and I meant it comparatively and I can see how it can be taken negatively and indeed I do feel very negative about him at the moment.   If Messi and Ronaldo are at the top, followed by possibly players like Neymar, DeBruyne and Suarez,  all of whom have performed at a certain level for more than one season, then Marhez, albeit he had a fantastic season for us last year (his award proves this), he still comes someway down the list. All players can be forgiven for lack of form as it happens to most of them.

The best of them continue to train hard or even harder and continue to work hard on the pitch despite their problems.  This latter part, just in my opinion, is where Marhez is letting himself down. He is not putting the amount of work in compared with his other team mates. His moodyness could be somewhat forgiven if he was geeing himself up if he makes a mistake,  but it's more when he's taken off when he should know his contribution has been poor. His continual lateness is deplorable and shows a lack of respect for his manager, team mates and club as a whole who pay him a huge wage. It gives the appearance that he thinks he's too good for us. So despite his hystrionics etc, when compared to players like Ronaldo,  I stand by my comments. I have far more time for players like Albrighton who despite his limitations, always gives of his best. Marhez at present appears to be getting his wages under false pretences and I doubt he'd behave that way at a club like Barcelona who at present, he is no where near the standard of playing for. You shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you.

I thought it was a hard earned point. They just lacked the spark to push for all three which they could easily have got. Maybe starting Gray would have been best. Plus as someone said there was no Vardy or Drinkwater.  Its a shame Slimani felt ill as he was good Saturday from what I heard. He must have over done his workrate.

that was the most boring and uninspiring game I have watched since we played our last boring and uninspiring game. the players don't seem to want to hold on to the ball as soon as it comes there way its kick it up field or pass it to someone in a worst position than themselves. we need midfielders who can hold the ball and move forward thus creating chances for the front men, not just hack it forward and hope. thank god mahrez is of he is a shadow of what he was last year, I would sell him and buy someone who wants to play not a bloke collecting a cheque every week.

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

See the difference Matt and I meant it comparatively and I can see how it can be taken negatively and indeed I do feel very negative about him at the moment.   If Messi and Ronaldo are at the top, followed by possibly players like Neymar, DeBruyne and Suarez,  all of whom have performed at a certain level for more than one season, then Marhez, albeit he had a fantastic season for us last year (his award proves this), he still comes someway down the list. All players can be forgiven for lack of form as it happens to most of them.

The best of them continue to train hard or even harder and continue to work hard on the pitch despite their problems.  This latter part, just in my opinion, is where Marhez is letting himself down. He is not putting the amount of work in compared with his other team mates. His moodyness could be somewhat forgiven if he was geeing himself up if he makes a mistake,  but it's more when he's taken off when he should know his contribution has been poor. His continual lateness is deplorable and shows a lack of respect for his manager, team mates and club as a whole who pay him a huge wage. It gives the appearance that he thinks he's too good for us. So despite his hystrionics etc, when compared to players like Ronaldo,  I stand by my comments. I have far more time for players like Albrighton who despite his limitations, always gives of his best. Marhez at present appears to be getting his wages under false pretences and I doubt he'd behave that way at a club like Barcelona who at present, he is no where near the standard of playing for. You shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you.

So you know he is moody, comes late to the training sessions and does not give his best. How do you know all these things?

Do you work within the LCFC club structure?

Edit: you seem to be just criticizing him on a regular basis. You must be happy now that he is leaving to AFCON. And why do you care whether Barcelona wants him or not if you don't want him.

Archived