Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Boro Post match 0-0

46 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

You would rather we went for it and lost 2-1.

Clearly you don't understand that football is a results business.  And I don't want to hear any BS about it being an entertainment.  It's a business.  And there's sod all entertainment in being relegated.

:revenge:

What if we went for it and won 2-1?????  In a results business, getting 3 is better then 1?  

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

He may do in that division haha. I also agree that it certainly wouldn't harm having all the Barcelona players round. However, if it was Messi or Ronaldo playing in our current team, I think they'd contribute more to our performance than Marhez as he's more Accrington Stanley quality himself when compared to those two real greats. There again most players are. I've never heard of Messi or Ronaldo though going for so many games looking as disinterested or continually being late for training. Players like Ronaldo in particular are there early for training and leave even later when the rest have gone home. Ronaldo's greatness is not all luck or a gift he was born with, he's worked and continues to work hard to be great. Compared with these, Marhez is a footballing pygmy and will remain so unless he changes his attitude Imo. 

Of course, it's all relative. There's top footballers, then there's those two.

I think Mahrez looks more frustrated than disinterested, personally. Same with Vardy this season. I doubt they aren't bothered, but both have been accused of being exactly that. I think they are both pissed off at playing in a side that created lots last season, to creating so little this.

It must be frustrating to make another twenty yard run to see Morgan completely by pass his own midfield to launch it nowhere. Again.

BTW how bad is Adama Traore. He glides past 3 players and you think "wow this guy looks great" and then his cross ends up in row Z. He's the literal definition of "pace merchant". No brain whatsoever.

Mahrez looked totally dejected at times today, if he wasn't such a shy character I think he would ve having a go at the players. So many attempted "passes" were nowhere near him today.

Our pathetic mindset isn't allowing him to flourish. He's often so isolated or barely has any movement around him. We may as well sell him and sign a couple of Schlupp type players as we don't seem to want to evolve into a footballing team.

Until we sign at least one first choice footballing centre back and a right back similar to Fuchs we're going to be a team that rarely takes a match to the opposition.

I'm still hopeful we will see something along the lines of 

Footballer footballer Amartey Fuchs

Drinkwater Mendy/Ndidi

Gray Mahrez Musa

Vardy/Slimani

I really think that given time to adapt to that AM position he could be deadly for us.

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

BTW how bad is Adama Traore. He glides past 3 players and you think "wow this guy looks great" and then his cross ends up in row Z. He's the literal definition of "pace merchant". No brain whatsoever.

Appalling, that cross when he was slipped in behind Fuchs was criminal.

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's the reincarnation of Franz Carr.

lol

All speed and nothing else.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Mahrez looked totally dejected at times today, if he wasn't such a shy character I think he would ve having a go at the players. So many attempted "passes" were nowhere near him today.

Our pathetic mindset isn't allowing him to flourish. He's often so isolated or barely has any movement around him. We may as well sell him and sign a couple of Schlupp type players as we don't seem to want to evolve into a footballing team.

Until we sign at least one first choice footballing centre back and a right back similar to Fuchs we're going to be a team that rarely takes a match to the opposition.

I'm still hopeful we will see something along the lines of 

Footballer footballer Amartey Fuchs

Drinkwater Mendy/Ndidi

Gray Mahrez Musa

Vardy/Slimani

I really think that given time to adapt to that AM position he could be deadly for us.

Hallelujah!

Particularly the bit about not wanting to evolve into a footballing team and our woeful passing.

Some of our fans seem quite content at this also.

11 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The Bournemouth comparison is nonsensical to say the least.

In that game we missed a penalty and Vardy hit the post from 4 yards. We spent the whole second half taking the game to Bournemouth. We tried to win.

Did I suggest something else? NO

We were on second place at that time. We were playing at home.

We were playing our best line-up.  We had nothing to fear.

Of course we tried to win.

And Bournemouth, just a few points above the drop-zone, tried

to get away with a point. What a surprise.

The official stats:

We had 53.5% possession (so much for spending the whole second

half taking the game to Bournemouth).

We had 2 shots on target. Bournemouth had 0.

It was as much fun to watch as todays

game.

Btw: Two weeks later at Villa, we had 43.5% possession.

Our inability to pass and move in attacking areas and create chances is really frustrating considering how good we were at it just over a year ago. Managers might love clean sheets, particularly Italian ones, but that doesn't mean fans have to value them above having an attacking threat. In fact, when you look at Boro's goalscoring record this season I don't think it's some great achievement to keep a clean sheet against them even away from home. And on another day, Ramirez or Forshaw bury their chances and it's another away defeat where we've sat back waiting to concede before seizing the initiative.

Given the lineup we put out, I was actually pleased enough with a point but that says more about our lack of strength in depth than anything else.

My main concern is that if we don't beat teams like that, who are we going to beat away from home this season? We've already played Hull and Sunderland away. Burnley are good at home. Allardyce will sort Palace out especially at home. It's got to be a worry and we need to pose more threat. We did look threatening at Stoke before Vardy's red card and hopefully we'll get back to that kind of performance going forward.

On individual performances, I thought Huth was superb and Mendy looked promising. I'm Mahrez's biggest fan but he walked through the game today and I don't think he'll be a huge miss while he's at the AFCON the way he's playing at the moment. Musa must be the worst player ever to score twice in one game against Barcelona (?!)... hopefully he'll come good. I do think we need to push higher up the pitch to get the best out of players like Musa, Mahrez and Gray, to isolate them against full-backs one on one just outside the box rather than having them running from their own half against three defenders.

I have high hopes for Ndidi but then I'm wary of expecting January signings to have a lasting impact on the rest of the season. It didn't happen with Wood, Kramaric or Amartey. This guy seems to be a cut above so we'll see. With Kramaric in particular though, a lot of us were pinning our hopes on him and it was players already at the club who stepped up a gear in the end. Maybe we'll see the same.

We need to keep a grip of games better and we need to create more chances, particularly with the tricky run of fixtures we've now got in the league.

1 minute ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Did I suggest something else? NO

We were on second place at that time. We were playing at home.

We were playing our best line-up.  We had nothing to fear.

Of course we tried to win.

And Bournemouth, just a few points above the drop-zone, tried

to get away with a point. What a surprise.

The official stats:

We had 53.5% possession (so much for spending the whole second

half taking the game to Bournemouth).

We had 2 shots on target. Bournemouth had 0.

It was as much fun to watch as todays

game.

Btw: Two weeks later at Villa, we had 43.5% possession.

No that's not what you said, but your implication - that any negative reaction to today is over the top because we had a couple of similarly disappointing displays in our title winning season - is totally unreasonable given that the nature of the display today was totally different to the Bournemouth game last year. 

And it goes without saying that what the possession stats don't tell you is that Bournemouth played very well and bossed the first half. They then had a man sent off and sat in, but we were actively trying to win the game which is more than can be said for today. 

I fell asleep at points during the second half. Not an exaggeration, though I would not chalk all of that up to the play of the Foxes.

Oh well. Onward we go. Someone got slammed for mentioning Bournemouth of last season, but it did have that same feeling. Never really thought we would create a chance that would hit. 

1 minute ago, Dickov22 said:

That game demonstrated just how far we've sunk since last season. Utterly dreadful and I have no idea how he thought we'd score a goal with that team and formation. 

No no no! 

Remember it was an 'excellent defensive display' and that it all went according to plan. It actually did. But what a plan and what a turgid game to watch whilst it was being hatched.

Just now, Col city fan said:

No no no! 

Remember it was an 'excellent defensive display' and that it all went according to plan. It actually did. But what a plan and what a turgid game to watch whilst it was being hatched.

It was an excellent defensive display, schmeichel just had to catch crosses. The problem was simply there wasn't an attacking impetus bolted to it.

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Right up there with the poorest games I've seen in the Premier League ... ever

I wrote straight after the game, you'll struggle to see a worse Prem game this year. Only the most hardy of City fans can defend what was ostensibly, rubbish.

However..a point gained etc. 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No no no! 

Wouldn't mind if we'd gone to the Emirates or old Trafford and set up like that. Problem is, it was bloody Middlesbrough 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It was an excellent defensive display, schmeichel just had to catch crosses. The problem was simply there wasn't an attacking impetus bolted to it.

Yes I've just said that. Are you now arguing with me for agreeing?

lol

25 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

I completely agree.  But that is not what you originally said.

Your right, I didn't.  But today we didn't play for 3, against a team that struggles to score, so the arguement about business and points doesn't work either.  They weren't a top 6 team where we needed to be so defensive, there is enough talent in our team and experience to attempt to get all 3 points

Archived