Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

ACON 2017

50 minutes ago, the fox said:

With all the support that Leicester is getting from Algerian, it would be nice to have some support back.

The problem is that what's best for the club and what's best for the country is completely opposite at the moment.

Most people here believe in club over country. It isn't anything specifically against Algeria. If it was Vardy/Drinkwater currently away with England smack in the middle of a relegation battle season, I guarantee most here will be hoping for England to be knocked out asap.

Personally I hope Algeria do well, I like seeing Mahrez happy. Unfortunately Algeria doing well would mean less time to recover and less time to get up to speed with the new signings prior to the Sevilla CL game. 

54 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He was much improved when he went into defence in my opinion.

Barely noticed him but for the pass out wide to Drinkwater in the first half.

Look at the third goal. 

He's playing everyone on as he's 3 yards behind the rest of the defence. Midfield is surely his spot.

19 minutes ago, Lestoh said:

Leicester doesn't have support from Algeria, Mahrez and Slimani do.

That's obvious and there is nothing wrong with that. Millions of Argentinians support Barca because of Messi. A kid in Afghanistan knows about LaLiga because of Messi. Football, as in sports, music, Arts, science, etc.., should have no fvcking boundaries.

47 minutes ago, MattP said:

Look at the third goal. 

He's playing everyone on as he's 3 yards behind the rest of the defence. Midfield is surely his spot.

Everyone is allowed to make the odd mistake. Particularly when you're playing the best attack in the country.

I just felt he was far more assured in defence. Simpson had a mare until he dropped into it IMO.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

You don't support the club though do you?  You will be gone when Mahrez and Slimani are gone.

Did I say that "we" are supporting Leicester. It is my duty to get behind the club that I support and the fact that you assumed that I am a "mahrez fanboy" is starting to get to me. I said it before and I will say it again. I am a Leicester fan. So people need to stop with Algerians=not a true fan propaganda.

Just now, the fox said:

Did I say that "we" are supporting Leicester. It is my duty to get behind the club that I support and the fact that you assumed that I am a "mahrez fanboy" is starting to get to me. I said it before and I will say it again. I am a Leicester fan. So people need to stop with Algerians=not a true fan propaganda.

yeah but don't make it sound like we have to support Algeria just because Algerians support Leicester due to the Mahrez/Slimani link.

it makes you sound pretentious and arrogant.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

lol 

what if some don't want to support Algeria? What if they want to support Ghana because of Amartey?

Did not mean that people should be fans. Just some wishful thinking and hopping for Algeria to do well will go a long way.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

yeah but don't make it sound like we have to support Algeria just because Algerians support Leicester due to the Mahrez/Slimani link.

it makes you sound pretentious and arrogant.

OK. My bad for asking for a little emotional support, it is not like two of the club's players are playing in that team.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

If you put annoying gifs on comment threads on the clubs Facebook posts that doesn't make you a Leicester supporter ffs.

Didn't mean support as in being a fan. Just a little "good luck, you can do it." Will be enough.

I don't get the hostility against us Algerians. Talked with a fair amount of English fans (mainly Everton fans) and never had a problem with any one of them about my nationality. 

Edit: I get the Facebook thing. But that is not a enough reason for people to be so agitated 

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

Didn't mean support as in being a fan. Just a little "good luck, you can do it." Will be enough.

There are many of Leicester fans who wish well to your team, believe me. Not posting it in this thread doesn't mean they don't exist.

1 hour ago, MattCan said:

That's obvious and there is nothing wrong with that. Millions of Argentinians support Barca because of Messi. A kid in Afghanistan knows about LaLiga because of Messi. Football, as in sports, music, Arts, science, etc.., should have no fvcking boundaries.

I didn't say there was - if I was Algerian, I'm sure I wouldn't be too interested in the domestic league either. But to suggest we owe Algeria something because they happen to like a couple of our Algerian players is ridiculous

1 hour ago, Lestoh said:

I didn't say there was - if I was Algerian, I'm sure I wouldn't be too interested in the domestic league either. But to suggest we owe Algeria something because they happen to like a couple of our Algerian players is ridiculous

I agree with you on the first part. To his defense though and from what I understood, he didn't say 'leicester fans owe us support' but rather he said 'it would be nice that they show us some support', which is totally different.

15 hours ago, the fox said:

I don't get the hostility against us Algerians. Talked with a fair amount of English fans (mainly Everton fans) and never had a problem with any one of them about my nationality. 

Edit: I get the Facebook thing. But that is not a enough reason for people to be so agitated 

No one cares you're Algerian, what winds people up is when you act like a tosser.

Some of us might wish you well, some more than others, but some, such as me for example, do not give a flying f**k how well you do, I don't care if two of our players play for you, we've got two players in the Welsh squad, you wouldn't catch me wishing them well under any circumstances. I have absolutely no affiliation with you country and have 0 reasons to want you to do well, and, at the moment, I have every reason to want you out of the AFCON as soon as possible. No one asked you to support Leicester as far as I am aware, you do so out of choice and to suggest we should reciprocate that support especially when Algeria has two very important players we want back as soon as possible is to be quiet frank, ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No one cares you're Algerian, what winds people up is when you act like a tosser.

Some of us might wish you well, some more than others, but some, such as me for example, do not give a flying f**k how well you do, I don't care if two of our players play for you, we've got two players in the Welsh squad, you wouldn't catch me wishing them well under any circumstances. I have absolutely no affiliation with you country and have 0 reasons to want you to do well, and, at the moment, I have every reason to want you out of the AFCON as soon as possible. No one asked you to support Leicester as far as I am aware, you do so out of choice and to suggest we should reciprocate that support especially when Algeria has two very important players we want back as soon as possible is to be quiet frank, ridiculous. 

Who is being a tosser now?. I was nothing but respectful . All I said is "it would be nice" and did not mean support as in being a fan. But, just a "good luck"would go a long way. You don't want to do that, fair enough. It is your choice. But don't act like Algeria doing well in the AFCON will not effect Leicester in a positive way (the only negative is that Leicester will not have those players and that will effect our season). Every time mahrez or slimani play they will be playing as Leicester players. Little kids will hear about Leicester the England champions and mahrez, Leicester's best player,the player of the season and the best African player. You could've been more respectful and just answered with " no thanks, I want our players". But you acted like you ate firecrackers for breakfast. Again, it is your choice. And you can do what you want because that will only reflect on you.

18 hours ago, the fox said:

With all the support that Leicester is getting from Algerian, it would be nice to have some support back.

It's difficult to support an extended stay at the tournament for Algeria. If you could guarantee that Algeria win the tournament, our players come back in form and score 10 goals each in the remaining premier league games I'd be delighted for Algeria to win for Mahrez and Slimani. However, all Leicester fans know that Algerian support will only last as long as we have Algerian players and I suspect no Algerian has actual long term loyalty to City.

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

Who is being a tosser now?. I was nothing but respectful . All I said is "it would be nice" and did not mean support as in being a fan. But, just a "good luck"would go a long way. You don't want to do that, fair enough. It is your choice. But don't act like Algeria doing well in the AFCON will not effect Leicester in a positive way (the only negative is that Leicester will not have those players and that will effect our season). Every time mahrez or slimani play they will be playing as Leicester players. Little kids will hear about Leicester the England champions and mahrez, Leicester's best player,the player of the season and the best African player. You could've been more respectful and just answered with " no thanks, I want our players". But you acted like you ate firecrackers for breakfast. Again, it is your choice. And you can do what you want because that will only reflect on you.

In that post, you've gone on to throw your toys out twice and suggested people are taking issue with because of your nationality which has not happened anywhere and is quite an insulting thing to falsely accuse someone of. Hence the post. So I'll stick with you. 

I think a lot more kids around the world are going to hear about Mahrez and Leicester if he's actually back in Leicester and we are winning games higher up the league and doing well in the FA cup than they are while he's of playing in the AFCON, This may shock you but the PL sort of pisses on the AFCON in terms of global audiences!

38 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Good point, well made.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

As far as I can see it doesn't matter how well Algeria do really. We were dogshit with Mahrez and Slimani before they went, we're dogshit now without them, and we'll be dogshit after they come back. So they may as well win it.

Hard to disagree but I'd still rather have the option of playing them or having them on the bench than not. It's not their fault but our squad looks threadbare with them let alone without them.

32 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

It's difficult to support an extended stay at the tournament for Algeria. If you could guarantee that Algeria win the tournament, our players come back in form and score 10 goals each in the remaining premier league games I'd be delighted for Algeria to win for Mahrez and Slimani. However, all Leicester fans know that Algerian support will only last as long as we have Algerian players and I suspect no Algerian has actual long term loyalty to City.

1- this is a very logical response, thank you

2-and many people that which well for Algeria will stop caring about Algeria after mahrez and slimani stop being Leicester players

3-  it would've been better if you said " a lot of Algerians" instead of " all Algerians". I am a Leicester fan and I am happy with my choice.

Archived