Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

ACON 2017

Just now, MattCan said:

That's what we have been always saying. Need an attacking midfielder of quality.

I don't know why, but I just have this feeling that Demarai Gray can be that midfielder for us. He's class on the ball and if his job was to literally draw a few defenders and find an open Mahrez, it could bode well for Leicester. Say Demarai plays as RW and Mahrez plays right behind Slimani or Vardy as an Attacking Mid.

5 minutes ago, USFox said:

I don't know why, but I just have this feeling that Demarai Gray can be that midfielder for us. He's class on the ball and if his job was to literally draw a few defenders and find an open Mahrez, it could bode well for Leicester. Say Demarai plays as RW and Mahrez plays right behind Slimani or Vardy as an Attacking Mid.

I agree it's an option but I don't see Gray playing the sacrificial role. He likes the spotlight.

Gray is too similar to mahrez for that to work. Brahimi and him(gray) are deferent. Gray is too direct while brahimi is more of a hazard type player. You can trust him on the ball. He can play wing/CAM and behind the striker and he can change the tempo of the game really fast

20 minutes ago, the fox said:

Brahimi did a wonderful job. But, the one who impressed me is our RB (meftah). He came in the second half and was solid defensively and on top of that he attacked a lot. That allowed mahrez to have more 1v1s and drift inside and by that outnumbering them. Get mahrez a good RB and another ball carrier (flair player) and he will be back to his POTY days

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Would love to sign Brahimi.

Doesn't get a look in at Porto but he's a superb footballer.

I know Riyad got the official MOTM but Brahimi was a definitely Algeria's best player.  Really grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck when they were losing.  Totally agree with you @AKCJ, that it would be great to sign him.  Total up and down midfielder.  @Col city fan - have you seen him?  Think he is what you are after! 

If both Gray and Mahrez play side by side in a CAM/RW role it means that defenders can't just double up on Mahrez and stifle our creativity. I think both interrchanging between the wing and CAM  will be a nightmare for defenders. It can work but it needs a real workhorse CM as neither is going to track back much

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Would love to sign Brahimi.

Doesn't get a look in at Porto but he's a superb footballer.

Basically an opposite-sided Mahrez.

Everton (Walsh) were after him in summer, they put in a massive 30m bid on deadline day but got turned down, his release clause is something like 50m.

Was out of favour (due to mardy attitude post bid rejection I think) when we played Porto, but now back in favour and starting for them, doing well. 

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

Everton (Walsh) were after him in summer, they put in a massive 30m bid on deadline day but got turned down, his release clause is something like 50m.

Was out of favour (due to mardy attitude post bid rejection I think) when we played Porto, but now back in favour and starting for them, doing well. 

Yeah, totally forgot that Steve Walsh was after him last summer. How the world is small.

10 minutes ago, brucey said:

Bit pointless in as much as don't think  Marhez will be here much longer.

1 minute ago, josh_baskin said:

Based upon this seasons performances he'd be leaving a very small void.

Think your right, he's saving his best for his next team.  He's certainly not wearing himself out by doing any work and he's getting more rest by having lay ins in the mornings haha. 

24 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I know Riyad got the official MOTM but Brahimi was a definitely Algeria's best player.  Really grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck when they were losing.  Totally agree with you @AKCJ, that it would be great to sign him.  Total up and down midfielder.  @Col city fan - have you seen him?  Think he is what you are after! 

I saw Brahimi in the World Cup 2014 against us in the last 16 as well as in some games in Porto. Quality player when he's on form. Technically gifted, good vision. His problem is consistency and a tendance to carry the ball a bit too much.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

I saw Brahimi in the World Cup 2014 against us in the last 16 as well as in some games in Porto. Quality player when he's on form. Technically gifted, good vision. His problem is consistency and a tendance to carry the ball a bit too much.

Maaan, that Germany-Algeria game, you should have lost and save Brazil the tragedy ..  :P

1 minute ago, MattCan said:

Maaan, that Germany-Algeria game, you should have lost and save Brazil the tragedy ..  :P

I must say that the game against Algeria was a bit nerve wrecking. never expected this kind of resistance. Oh well, we won at the end but it was a great performance from them.

4 minutes ago, Loves2spooge said:

2-0 for senegal 

Group B right now 

1- Senegal 3pts

2- Algeria  1pts

3- Zimbabwe 1pts 

4- Tunisia 0pts

Senegal are a fantastic side. I think they're the best in the group right now in terms of both talent and form. I see them and Algeria advancing with Algeria winning the group.

Archived