Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

ACON 2017

15 minutes ago, Domsdad said:

Slim playing very well, really putting himself about

I'm really enjoying his game. What I'm not understanding is why he and Mahrez aren't linking up well. You'd expect them to be the two players on the team with the most chemistry.

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

do we get mahrez/slimani back in time for the burnley game or give them a rest, ready for the united game?

Their last group game is Monday. So if they don't get through they should be good for the Burnley game.

Literally all Slimani does is moan doesn't he?

Throws his arms up in the air and it's always someone else's fault.

Mahrez...Is he even playing? In a way I find it comforting that "atleast it's not just us he's playing shit for".

Needs to get his head out the clouds "RM7"...Who's he think he is Ronaldo?!

Algeria are miserable right now. Mahrez and Slimani included. Honestly, at this point I would sell while their price is still high and cut my costs with what we have now. We can maybe buy 6-7 quality young players with that money instead.

13 minutes ago, USFox said:

Algeria are miserable right now. Mahrez and Slimani included. Honestly, at this point I would sell while their price is still high and cut my costs with what we have now. We can maybe buy 6-7 quality young players with that money instead.

It's frustrating, because both can be match winners for us. Unfortunately Mahrez's head has been turned and has barely tried this season & we signed Slimani to play with Vardy in Shinji's place, but honestly both Okazaki & Ulloa are better in that position. Meaning Slimani can only play CF, which probably makes Vardy unhappy as he likes to be the main man. For those reasons I agree with what you said.

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

It's frustrating, because both are can be match winners for us. Unfortunately Mahrez's head has been turned and has barely tried this season & we signed Slimani to play with Vardy in Shinji's place, but honestly Ulloa is better in that position. Meaning Slimani can only play CF, which probably makes Vardy unhappy as he likes to be the main man. For those reasons I agree with what you said.

I agree with you. Leicester City has a very good opportunity right now to get both equity and build for the future. Mahrez (25-35 mil) and Slimani (20-25 mil) are still worth a lot of buck. I really want the team to focus on getting good holding midfielders and a good CB that can also hold the ball and pass it. If we can do that I have no doubt in my mind an offense that includes Vardy, Musa, Gray, Okazaki, and Ulloa can win games and deliver. Kaputska, Mendy, N'didi, and Gray are a mouthwatering bit of young talent to build around. We should focus on that and build a side that can compete for top 5 every year, which I have no doubt we can with the proper scouting and addition of talent.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

How are Algeria not the best team in Africa? Their squad is unbelievable compared to most. Mind you how did Nigeria not qualify with theirs? Algeria have definitely gone backwards. From 2013-15 they were very good to watch.

Bad coaching.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How are Algeria not the best team in Africa? Their squad is unbelievable compared to most. Mind you how did Nigeria not qualify with theirs? Algeria have definitely gone backwards. From 2013-15 they were very good to watch.

Inflated ego's and believing the hype?

Sounds familiar....

I thought they were better than this.

Final time 2-1 to Tunisia. I like Nabil Bentaleb. Good CM that creates attacks and tracks back on defense. He's a bit rough around the edges but is seemingly doing well on Shalke right now. Might be worth sending a scout and checking it out.

Just now, Matt said:

Inflated ego's and believing the hype?

Sounds familiar....

I thought they were better than this.

Agreed. They really are the England of Africa. Great squad on paper, a football-crazed fan base, and A LOT of egos.

If you aren't tossing crosses into Slimani he looks ridiculously average. 

I love to know what percentage of his goals are scored with head, it would be way above average. 

Be a bonus to have them both back from Burnley, they struggle to defend crosses.

Just now, MattP said:

If you aren't tossing crosses into Slimani he looks ridiculously average. 

I love to know what percentage of his goals are scored with head, it would be way above average. 

Be a bonus to have them both back from Burnley, they struggle to defend crosses.

That wasn't always the case. At Sporting he was great on his feet towards the end of his time there and he knew where to position himself for crosses. Today he seems like he lost those skills or something.

Archived