Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

ACON 2017

13 hours ago, brucey said:

Get Slim back asap and shut him in the freezer until Tuesday

Wasn't going to play vs Derby regardless, but will be very annoyed if this makes him miss the Burnley game, his head scored 2 past Burnley last time we played them..

Was his head not attached to the rest of his body?

3 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I keep mentioning it In direct response to your post (included above in case you've erased it from your memory).

You have, several times, referred to me as being sour and that you've touched a nerve. You couldn't be more wrong. The original post I disagreed with was your post regarding Algeria being a big team. For the record and to disabuse you of your notion that I am somehow responding to defend the England national team, I don't believe England are a big team either. The big international teams are Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina, Spain and arguably France, serial winners all.

England are below that level with a myriad of others which incudes the likes of the likes of Dutch and Uruguay but doesn't include Algeria.

When you then added the caveat that they were a big team in Africa I still disagreed with you on the basis that Egypt, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Ghana and Congo have all won more cup of nations tournaments and Algeria have won once in the 30 times it has been held.

Those facts make it irrefutable to me so we seem to judging on a different basis. However, it's all opinion and ours will never meet it seems.

Again lets just agree to disagree. Agreed on your final sentence.

4 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Does anyone know how well Amartey has performed at CB for Ghana? Looking more likely he'll be cover at RB and also an option at CB along with Ndidi...

I think he's a hybrid-CB/DM, similar to how Mehdi Mostefa was for Algeria in the 2014 World Cup. He can help our aging CB's hold on to the ball and connect with our other CM's to build attacks. Can be valuable, but Ranieri has to be willing to make that switch to get the best out of him imo.

11 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Hope people can stop reccomending Amartey for cb, anyone who watched that first half will agree positionally he was poor

Can't be worse than Morgan. He's poor as midfielder too. So where's his place? 

57 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Can't be worse than Morgan. He's poor as midfielder too. So where's his place? 

Personally think we've looked better with him in the midfield and I agree Morgan and Huth have been woeful but that should have been resolved in this window, we are here on the 29th with Benalouane as our backup and us lot speculating whether Amartey can fit the role

19 minutes ago, brucey said:

Here's the two footed tackle he clearly learned from Was

From what I have seen today and especially yesterday, the tackles and interventions are something else. It's not for the faint-hearted. Was would love it.

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Midfield 3 for Sunday

Amartey Ndidi Mendy

Amendidi

Ghana are playing a 3rd place match on Saturday against Burkina Faso.

3rd places matches in general are pointless.  FIFA should fo away with them.

Ive actually been pretty impressed with Amartey playing at CB in the tournament, would like to see him get a chance there when he gets back but CR wont do that, 

hopefully he brings some of that tackling back too, if we do go down, lets at least kick some lumps out of the oppo along the  way:ph34r:

10 hours ago, Koke said:

Ghana are playing a 3rd place match on Saturday against Burkina Faso.

3rd places matches in general are pointless.  FIFA should fo away with them.

Gah, completely forgot about that.

Archived