Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

ACON 2017

Ghana haven't conceded a goal yet with Amartey in the defence, I think long term this will be his best position. He was moved into midfield in Danish football but it's a big ask forĀ him to replicate that in the Premier League. Surely can't make our back 4 any worse.

On 1/20/2017 at 16:24, USFox said:

Bahaha, I have none to show as the US sucks at football. One day though....one day... (eerie stare into the distance). As for Algeria, hey England is a big team right? Where are dem medals? I just meant name wise and comparable talent, Algeria is a good side. The 2014 team almost beat Germany in the World Cup and the team is made up of almost the same players.

Ā 

19 hours ago, USFox said:

Lol, saying you have a medal and I'm being precious is a bit funny to me. Never attacked you at all sir. Was making my points. No need to get butt hurt.

Yeah, making your points badly. You said England is a big team right? Where are dem medals?

I said I think you'll find England do have a medal.

As for your assertion that Algeria is a big team, that's utter bollox mate. If you're gonna post sh1t, you'll get pulled up for it.

As for me being 'butt hurt' as you put it, don't overate yourself.

On 1/20/2017 at 16:24, USFox said:

Bahaha, I have none to show as the US sucks at football. One day though....one day... (eerie stare into the distance). As for Algeria, hey England is a big team right? Where are dem medals? I just meant name wise and comparable talent, Algeria is a good side. The 2014 team almost beat Germany in the World Cup and the team is made up of almost the same players.

One more thing.

What exactly do you get in football for almost beating someone? Fackall mate, that's what.

Anyway, the 2014 team? What has that got to do with 2017?

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

One more thing.

What exactly do you get in football for almost beating someone? Fackall mate, that's what.

Anyway, the 2014 team? What has that got to do with 2017?

I think you and I are arguing different things my friend. I'm not arguing that Algeria has any medals, nor do I really care what medals they or any other national team have. I was simply stating that Algeria is a big team on the African continent, and since they switched their play to a long ball fashion they have been trash against teams they are assumed to beat. I'm not here to convince you to support Algeria or not, I was speaking from a footballing element. As for comparing the 2014 and 2017 teams, they're virtually the same but one can argue the current team is better. Similar to Senegal (Mane), Ivory Coast, Cameroon, and Nigeria, Algeria has had some of its young players start to show some real potential and stardom on the European continent. Hence why they're a big team on the continent.

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

Ā 

Yeah, making your points badly. You said England is a big team right? Where are dem medals?

I said I think you'll find England do have a medal.

As for your assertion that Algeria is a big team, that's utter bollox mate. If you're gonna post sh1t, you'll get pulled up for it.

As for me being 'butt hurt' as you put it, don't overate yourself.

Ok.

3 minutes ago, USFox said:

I think you and I are arguing different things my friend. I'm not arguing that Algeria has any medals, nor do I really care what medals they or any other national team have. I was simply stating that Algeria is a big team on the African continent, and since they switched their play to a long ball fashion they have been trash against teams they are assumed to beat. I'm not here to convince you to support Algeria or not, I was speaking from a footballing element. As for comparing the 2014 and 2017 teams, they're virtually the same but one can argue the current team is better. Similar to Senegal (Mane), Ivory Coast, Cameroon, and Nigeria, Algeria has had some of its young players start to show some real potential and stardom on the European continent. Hence why they're a big team on the continent.

What?

YOU initially said Algeria were a 'big team', when another poster pulled you up on it you changed to 'they're a big team in Africa'. Which means 4/5ths of nothing.

You then said they 'nearly beat Germany in 2014', which counts for 2/3rds of nothing, to try and justify your statements and have now followed it with 'one can argue the current team is better'. The same current team that lost to Tunisa and drew with a patently awful Zimbabwe which renders your statement speaking from a footballing element, utter bollox too.

You also tried to be smart arsed by saying England are also a big team but 'where are dem medals' when England have won the biggest honour in international football, regardless of how long ago it was.

As for 'I'm not here to convince you to support Algeria', I didn't ever say you were, I simply replied because you were speaking shat and you seem determined to argue with that by posting ever more ridiculous statements to try and justify your initial post.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

26 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

What?

YOU initially said Algeria were a 'big team', when another poster pulled you up on it you changed to 'they're a big team in Africa'. Which means 4/5ths of nothing.

You then said they 'nearly beat Germany in 2014', which counts for 2/3rds of nothing, to try and justify your statements and have now followed it with 'one can argue the current team is better'. The same current team that lost to Tunisa and drew with a patently awful Zimbabwe which renders your statement speaking from a footballing element, utter bollox too.

You also tried to be smart arsed by saying England are also a big team but 'where are dem medals' when England have won the biggest honour in international football, regardless of how long ago it was.

As for 'I'm not here to convince you to support Algeria', I didn't ever say you were, I simply replied because you were speaking shat and you seem determined to argue with that by posting ever more ridiculous statements to try and justify your initial post.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ok so since we're picking things apart let me do you the honors:

Ā 

1) "You also tried to be smart arsed by saying England are also a big team but 'where are dem medals' when England have won the biggest honour in international football, regardless of how long ago it was. "

Yet you went ahead and said that Algeria in 2014 means nothing to the team that's playing now, very interesting. I assume you're a big England fan (which is fine) but I also assume this is where the butt-hurt occurred.

Ā 

2) Yes I said Algeria was big, but they are playing in AFCON and so I assumed it was clear I meant in the sense that they are big on the continent for which they play.

Ā 

3) I never spoke any "shat", I made my points, you have every right to disagree with them, I apologize if I hit a nerve.

Ā 

4) They did lose to Tunisia and were awful against Zimbabwe, which is why I made the statement to begin with. I was saying that Algeria, which is a big team (on the continent), played a long ball sort of game, and in turn were very bad against teams they were supposed to lose to.

Ā 

Look dude, I'm really not trying to go back and forth with you. If you aren't understanding what I'm saying then that's fine. All I was trying to say is the following:

Ā 

Long ball is bad. Even big teams (on the relative scale for which they play) can fail miserably when doing so. England is a big team on their continent and they haven't had relative success in the past 20-30 years. That doesn't change the fact that they are a big team on their scale as well. It means that you can be a big team without having many medals. Look at Croatia, the Netherlands, Belgium and England as examples. Your post is marred in pro-English sentiments, which I understand, but c'mon man, its really not that deep lol.

39 minutes ago, brucey said:

Senegal, having won their group, are playing their reserves/kids it seems. So Algeria may well win. But we need our boys backĀ :(

I don't think Tunisia will lose. This match is bitter sweat for me but I hope slimani and mahrez are gonna be in Ā tomorrow's first plane back to england. COYFĀ :scarf:

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Cause it'sĀ a bitter sweat symphony this life

You know what, that song always reminded me of a compilation video of the best long shot goals in the PL/premiership history. I miss that video and I couldn't find it in YouTube to this day

Archived