Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

ACON 2017

11 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If we get a couple of good results and players like Gray play well in his absence, then certainly Marhez should have to fight for his place back as prior to the tournament, he wasn't worthy of a starting position. 

Nah, he will slide right back in. His replacements are yet to prove that they can challenge him for his spot. Maybe things will change after next game. But, until then, he is the main man.

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If we get a couple of good results and players like Gray play well in his absence, then certainly Marhez should have to fight for his place back as prior to the tournament, he wasn't worthy of a starting position. 

While I'd love to see Gray starting every game, I have yet to see what he or any other ever did to justify replacing on the right wing.

Can't remember a post from you where you're not negative about him this season.

4 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Show us your medals:D

Bahaha, I have none to show as the US sucks at football. One day though....one day... (eerie stare into the distance). As for Algeria, hey England is a big team right? Where are dem medals? I just meant name wise and comparable talent, Algeria is a good side. The 2014 team almost beat Germany in the World Cup and the team is made up of almost the same players.

Nations like Algeria and Egypt have always been great nations of football. Potentially, they easily could be at the level of any mid-tier European national team. Unfortunately, they can't constantly fulfill that potential due to the many known difficulties that 'Third World' institutions usually face.

53 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Anyone heard how Musa and Ndidi are getting on? 

They're both participating in the AAACON, the Absolutely Alternative African Cup of Nations, which is hosted in Madagascar, boasting a plethora of countries that didn't make the cut for the original African Cup of Nations.

The Black Eagles beat Kenia 5-1 in the first game in Antanananarivo: Musa with a brace, Ndid broke a few legs and was expelled from the match in the 90th minute because he protested his expulsion a minute earlier which was then itself rescinded 30 seconds later.

Traveling to Toliara yesterday in front of a frenetic crowd, Nigeria beat Djibouti 10-0. Musa with all eleven goals. The referee instantly denied any match-fixing involved and disappeared completely a few hours later.

Lesotho up next in Ambanja. Should be fun. I'd bet on Musa opening the score.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

They're both participating in the AAACON, the Absolutely Alternative African Cup of Nations, which is hosted in Madagascar, boasting a plethora of countries that didn't make the cut for the original African Cup of Nations.

The Black Eagles beat Kenia 5-1 in the first game in Antanananarivo: Musa with a brace, Ndid broke a few legs and was expelled from the match in the 90th minute because he protested his expulsion a minute earlier which was then itself rescinded 30 seconds later.

Traveling to Toliara yesterday in front of a frenetic crowd, Nigeria beat Djibouti 10-0. Musa with all eleven goals. The referee instantly denied any match-fixing involved and disappeared completely a few hours later.

Lesotho up next in Ambanja. Should be fun. I'd bet on Musa opening the score.

Should be interesting, I've heard Albrighton has switched his allegiance from England to Lesotho so could be an interesting match up. 

6 hours ago, brucey said:

http://www.dzfoot.com/video/alg-sen-j-2-entrainement-sans-bensebaini-x5999bp

@the fox What are the Algerian fans yelling at Slim? Assuming it's something negative?

No, not at all :knockyhat:

But seriously, they were very supportive and said that they are with the national team in wins and in defeats. But what slimani said was a quote from the Qur'an. "oppression is worse than killing". And  you say that quote to people when they try to spread false rumours about you. And it could have been about two things, the first is about the rumoured "tension" in the NT. And the second could be about him rumoured to not want to take pics with the fans( even though he is a very nice guy and no one said things like that about him. But, it is like I said. They are just rumours)

53 minutes ago, the fox said:

No, not at all :knockyhat:

But seriously, they were very supportive and said that they are with the national team in wins and in defeats. But what slimani said was a quote from the Qur'an. "oppression is worse than killing". And  you say that quote to people when they try to spread false rumours about you. And it could have been about two things, the first is about the rumoured "tension" in the NT. And the second could be about him rumoured to not want to take pics with the fans( even though he is a very nice guy and no one said things like that about him. But, it is like I said. They are just rumours)

thanks mate :) i find it interesting that the fans seem to mostly approach/call out at Slim only in the videos I've seen of the NT.

On 1/20/2017 at 16:24, USFox said:

Bahaha, I have none to show as the US sucks at football. One day though....one day... (eerie stare into the distance). As for Algeria, hey England is a big team right? Where are dem medals? I just meant name wise and comparable talent, Algeria is a good side. The 2014 team almost beat Germany in the World Cup and the team is made up of almost the same players.

I think you'll find England do have a medal. Long time ago but they have one. If you're going to be all precious because I don't agree with your statement that Algeria are a 'big team' then I've no wishes to converse with you any further fella.

Looks like Amartey may be in for the long haul. I think him and Ndidi would be an upgrade on Mendy. But maybe in all honesty the guy should be played at CB, given how crap the current setup for Leicester is.

As for Algeria: A short recap of their situation now:

- Senegal win or draw = Algeria is out.

- Algeria wins and Tunisia draws or wins = Algeria is out

- Algeria wins and Zimbabwe wins vs Tunisia = Algeria could make it through to the second round depending of GS / GA. 

So I say its a 95% chance they are out.

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Anyone watch Ghana last night? How did ammartey play? Was he at CB? I see they kept a clean sheet so I presume he did alright.

He's the best defender, but Ghana overall seems very strong defensively. Amartey made one mistake of note, but Ghana have mostly comfortably held on to 1:0 leads despite handing over the ball to the opponents. Overall very good performance from him so far and I'm sure he's a frontrunner for team of the AFCON.

4 hours ago, China Black said:

I cannot understand why people still bang on about our Nigerian players being in AFCON, when it is well known for months that Nigeria failed to qualify?

WHAAAATT!!!! Say it aint so. From where I was watching today neither Musa or Ndidi showed up for today's game against Southampton. They must be at AFCON. 

6 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I think you'll find England do have a medal. Long time ago but they have one. If you're going to be all precious because I don't agree with your statement that Algeria are a 'big team' then I've no wishes to converse with you any further fella.

Lol, saying you have a medal and I'm being precious is a bit funny to me. Never attacked you at all sir. Was making my points. No need to get butt hurt.

Archived