Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Firegrande

People's obsession with dogs

My dog's awesome. She can't bark so doesn't annoy me or the neighbours! She is a bit of a pain in the arse though. i have a wax burner air freshener on the table in the lounge, last night i turned it off and went make myself a cup of tea, in the 90 seconds i was in the kitchen, i heard a yelp, followed by the footsteps of my dog coming to find me, she was covered head to toe in wax. Incredibly funny sight (since the wax had almost cooled down to the point that it didnt burn her) until i went back to the lounge to see the absolute carnage. Table, curtains, chairs, wall and carpet totally covered in wax which had started to set.

Moral of the story: even though your dog may be small and generally very well behaved, she WILL get on the dining table if theres a mess to be made. Still love her to bits though

FB_IMG_1484657219386 (002).jpg

6 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

We've tried all manner of different harnesses and leads for our springers but their urge to pull seems too great. Then a guy at work recommended this one to me and it works really well. No more getting dragged up the street by two spaniels who would rather throttle themselves than walk to heel!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PetSafe-Easy-Walk-Harness-Medium/dp/B005HNPCY4/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1484635326&sr=1-1&keywords=pet+safe+easy+walk+harness

Thanks a lot I'll look into that.

Just now, Firegrande said:

They belong on the floor 

They should never be the same height as their owners, leads to them becoming dominant over said owner

Good thing I didn't sit down then.

She only sits on the sofa when I'm out the room, she sits in my spot so she moves to the floor when I come in.

I like dogs, but I treat them as dogs. Not as humans. I hate when people do not educate their dogs.

I get that people get dogs for company and comfort, but I've seen too many times how some people treat them like they're more or less married to them.

It's disturbing and messed up.

Oh and dog hairs suck.

5 minutes ago, shen said:

I like dogs, but I treat them as dogs. Not as humans. I hate when people do not educate their dogs.

I get that people get dogs for company and comfort, but I've seen too many times how some people treat them like they're more or less married to them.

It's disturbing and messed up.

Oh and dog hairs suck.

I treat my dogs like I'm married to them, lock them

in the garden and give them a shoeing if they cause any shit while I'm watching MOTD.

Guest seanfox778

I reckon we will get the OP to own a dog by the end of this thread. 

"Why do you hate me Firegrande?" (That's supposed to be the dog talking, not me. I couldn't get the writing under the photo)

IMG_1011.JPG

On 1/16/2017 at 17:44, Countryfox said:

Cheers mate.  If you need anyone to bounce things off let me know ...   If you want to pm me with the breeders name I'll let you know if I've heard anything about him.

They are a fantastic breed but need plenty of stimulation and exercise ...   In return they are incredibly loyal and will love and look after you forever  ...     

Heres my my first little chap just after I picked him up nearly 4 years ago ....        Enjoy.

image.jpeg

That's either a massive dog, or a little tractor tyre. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Haven't got a dog myself but my sister & her boyfriend have got a Labrador. This is what they came him to the other week 

IMG_2351.JPG

That's not too bad. He's only chewed his bed. He's not crapped or pissed all over the floor. And he's saying "why would you leave me all on my own?"

12 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

That's not too bad. He's only chewed his bed. He's not crapped or pissed all over the floor. And he's saying "why would you leave me all on my own?"

I'm more concerned about the washing line on the wonk,it's playing havoc with my OCD.

Archived