Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Well trump has said it's to do with medical costs and disruptions. But I thought there was only a few thousand transgenders who actually served, can't say I've ever looked into it but I assume the medical costs of so few are tiny compared to their military budget. And as for disruptions if you have men and women serving already what harm could it do? 

Weird one for sure. Would be interested to hear exactly what the "generals" said to him tbh. 

Spot on.

This has nothing to do with costs (the Pentagon is swimming in money enough for a million soldiers needing such medical care) and everything to do with appealing to the fundie part of his base.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I'm currently watching this being reported on channel 4 news and being compared to racial segregation in the US military in the 40s. Whether you agree with this move by trump or Not, the two situations are incomparable. Being black or white is not a lifestyle choice. Having a sex change, arguably is. First post btw so straight in at the deep end.

47 minutes ago, Erinjack said:

I'm sorry, I'm currently watching this being reported on channel 4 news and being compared to racial segregation in the US military in the 40s. Whether you agree with this move by trump or Not, the two situations are incomparable. Being black or white is not a lifestyle choice. Having a sex change, arguably is. First post btw so straight in at the deep end.

I can agree to a point but those who go through sex changes may say they were born in the wrong body.  So born "woman" in a mans body.  In that instance we have to recognize  its not necessarily a lifestyle choice for them either.

I typically wouldnt compare  the two anyways because it is different situations/ scenarios. 

The bottom line is that trump is just continuing his policy of alienating and dividing.  Out of touch with reality and not fit to be the president.

Also, welcome aboard! 

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Erinjack said:

Yeah, that comparison is off - however, being trans is not a lifestyle choice in the vast, vast majority of cases, there's a pretty clear and established psychological makeup there that is well-recorded now that psychologists are actually paying attention to it...so it's a lot more nature than nurture IMO. Transition has been shown to be an effective solution to the problems that go with this makeup.

Also, don't worry about jumping in at the deep end - welcome.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Erinjack said:

Welcome... and what made you jump in here? Not Russian are you :P

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Weird one for sure. Would be interested to hear exactly what the "generals" said to him tbh. 

Allegedly this is how it went...

Generals: "President Trump, we have to ban these confused sissies from the army, they can't throw, can't shoot. It's bad enough we've had to incorporate women!"

POTUS: "I agree, at least with the women you can grab them by the pussy. Consider it done, I'll put out executive Twitter order... PENCE, get me a Big Mac and Fries"

44 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Welcome... and what made you jump in here? Not Russian are you :P

Haha no I'm Beaumont leys born and bred unfortunately. I've read this forum for about 2 years but never joined due to having a young family and working long hours. Find the general chat section more interesting than the lcfc chat a lot of the time, good contributors from both sides of the political debate and always something to read when I'm bored. 

37 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I can't even.

wha.jpg

The past 10 hours on his twitter feed have been interesting.  First he announces his ban on transexual servicemen/women, then he lays more groundwork to get rid of Sessions and now this.  Really don't know what to say.

42 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The past 10 hours on his twitter feed have been interesting.  First he announces his ban on transexual servicemen/women, then he lays more groundwork to get rid of Sessions and now this.  Really don't know what to say.

The guys a prize chump. Perfect for America really but still ridiculous. 

Guest FriendlyRam

Im just amazed hes still there after 6 months. Hes not done a thing either, no wall, no repeal, hes gone against the lgbt community despite claiming to be their "friends".

He rants on twitter like an immature teenager. His treatment of sessions is for me his most daft act yet, sessions was one of his first supporters, he even gave up his seat in the senate to work for him?.. if i was being offered any job by this crazed lunatic id be running a mile lol. only an idiot would want to work for him now after his shameful treatment of sessions.

Trump isn't religious. He's cynically distracting his base and getting the media on the wrong foot by starting a fight he doesn't need to win and can't lose. 

The fact that he announced his LGBT 'policy' on twitter without actually having a policy proves this

37 minutes ago, MattP said:

Can't believe people haven't realised this is to distract from the Kuschner/Russia stuff.

Thing is with  CNN around they wont let the Russia issue slide so all trump is doing is diggin hole after hole

28 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Looks like he may have done something decent over the last few weeks - having seen bits of "Scaramucci, Scaramucci, while he does the fandango" he appears to be an upgrade on Spicer. 

The blue man group could do a better job than spicer lol.

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Looks like he may have done something decent over the last few weeks - having seen bits of "Scaramucci, Scaramucci, while he does the fandango" he appears to be an upgrade on Spicer. 

image.thumb.png.26bac8c9431f1916a1aeec256772db14.pngImage may contain: 2 people

Guest MattP
9 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He's quite impressive, he certainly gets it in a way Spicer never could about the media and elites.