Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

22 hours ago, Webbo said:

I think Andrew Marr is very fair, he has a bias but doesn't show it. Andrew Neil is right wing but he's the same, gives both sides a hard time.

It might be right wing compared to momentum but in general it's left of centre.

I'd agree in the main. He even let's people answer the questions he fires which is more than Andrew Neil does...at least when I'm watching.    

49 minutes ago, Thracian said:

No but the others Marr mentions are would cover a lot of bases between them. The bias is glaring and my comments vindicated. The place is rammed full of activists of one kind or another.      

It really isn't 

http://wfpl.org/as-state-loosens-oversight-coal-ash-contaminates-central-kentucky-waterway/

Another example of a state giving itself a hard time in the name of short term profit.

If the EPA does get binned, expect the number of stories like this to snowball - that is, if they're detected before people actually start dying and/or suffering nasty defects.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thracian said:

Best we agree to disagree.  

Not really. Your 'Alternative Facts' won't work here

Isn't it the interviewer's role to ensure the MP does not avoid the question being asked or catch them out when avoiding the truthful answer as one minister tried to do I believe the other day? 

It happens all the time on PMQ. The PM is asked a question and they reply 'When the Tory/Labour were in power it was much worse we have made it better.'  Which does not answer the question.. It's all a game to them and a lot of the general public are taken in by it. GOT has more truth to it than some realise.

On 27/02/2017 at 11:48, Thracian said:

Totally irrelevent. The subject has no specific connection with political bias or attempts to manipulate opinion, although selective figures on road accidents and other things are used for that effect and quite frequently by those with specific agendas.     

I agree Tony, nobody gives those pissed up drivers the true credit they deserve for getting their car home without killing anybody. Banging on about the few that run the odd kid over is just so biased.

• Like 3

I do not understand this 'agenda' thing. Wanting better services for children, the sick, the disabled, road safety and housing and highlighting where it falls short cannot be a bad thing surely? The word is used too much these days to criticise those that do good work for the above causes and is an insult to those that work within those sectors.

If there is no-one to speak up about these things people will continue to suffer.

What a week for the Trump administration:

Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, accused of perjuring himself, having spoken to the Russian ambassador and then denying any contact with the Russians during his confirmation hearing

Vice President, Mike Pence, accused of using a private email server during his time as Governor of Indiana to discuss sensitive homeland security issues. A private email server which is confirmed to have been compromised.Ironic, of course, because of the comparisons to Hilary Clinton. 

It's not even 3 months into Trumps term. How is his administration going to survive 4 years of this? 

Edited by Detroit Blues

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

What a week for the Trump administration:

Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, accused of perjuring himself, having spoken to the Russian ambassador and then denying any contact with the Russians during his confirmation hearing

Vice President, Mike Pence, accused of using a private email server during his time as Governor of Indiana to discuss sensitive homeland security issues. A private email server which is confirmed to have been compromised.Ironic, of course, because of the comparisons to Hilary Clinton. 

It's not even 3 months into Trumps term. How is his administration going to survive 4 years of this? 

Short answer: if this keeps going at the rate it does, it's not.

On 27/02/2017 at 05:22, Thracian said:

All the evidence I could possibly present wouldn't see you convinced because you've no intentions of being convinced.

So why don't you just view the BBC for a week or so with the determination to spot bias and just perhaps you'll see for yourself.

It's hardly hidden. They're almost like a left-leaning political party in themselves.

And if you really couldn't see the bias of their Brexit coverage - that being just one isolated example - then I can only imagine you wear an eyeless mask when watching tv and it is therefore quite pointless arguing with you.

It's been just the same with Trump. Big noise about one-point-something million signing a highly questionable petition about the queen not seeing the President of our most important trading partner, and no mention of the 68 ,million who hadn't signed. How biased can you get?           

I watch BBC America most evenings and I can confirm that what you say about the BBC and Trump certainly rings true. Jon Sopel reported nightly on the election campaign and it was very obvious to me that his support was behind Clinton. His reporting since the election seems to be in the same vein. I couldn't say if it's from a political standpoint or a personal view of the man. 

Having said that, apart from the Fox channels, all of the other networks seem to have a similar bias.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Smudge said:

I watch BBC America most evenings and I can confirm that what you say about the BBC and Trump certainly rings true. Jon Sopel reported nightly on the election campaign and it was very obvious to me that his support was behind Clinton. His reporting since the election seems to be in the same vein. I couldn't say if it's from a political standpoint or a personal view of the man. 

Having said that, apart from the Fox channels, all of the other networks seem to have a similar bias.

It's hard to report objectively on idiocy - stupid is as stupid does and calling it so apparently makes it a false and biased untruth...... Not like FOX News though who are an actual TRUMPet blowing sunshine up everything Trump does - which is like watching some kind of state controlled Lord Haw Haw broadcast from Nazi Germany. 

Edited by Nick
Tried to add Trumpet emoticon but failed.
  • Like 2

On 01/03/2017 at 11:37, Carl the Llama said:

As a chef I find the whole well-done steak and ketchup story appalling and it tells you everything you need to know about the man's character.  Probably his most impeachable offense yet.

I sympathise there - medium rare is the only way to treat a steak! :D 

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

It's hard to report objectively on idiocy - stupid is as stupid does and calling it so apparently makes it a false and biased untruth...... Not like FOX News though who are an actual TRUMPet blowing sunshine up everything Trump does - which is like watching some kind of state controlled Lord Haw Haw broadcast from Nazi Germany. 

Pretty much this. The Attorney General has spoken to the Russians and lied under oath about it, the VP has done pretty much the same thing that the entirety of the Repubs castigated Hillary for. What, exactly, are the media supposed to do?

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You are not wrong , I'm just stating that reporters seem to be biased in today's media and my comment is about Trump and the BBC over here follows that trend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Pretty much this. The Attorney General has spoken to the Russians and lied under oath about it, the VP has done pretty much the same thing that the entirety of the Repubs castigated Hillary for. What, exactly, are the media supposed to do?

I assume that if you want an unbiased opinion you are presented with the facts and you make up your own mind. The news isn't supposed to be an op ed

Just now, leicsmac said:

I'll grant anybody the fact that the BBC are more left-leaning than right but this idea that Trump is attacked with bias is such a laughable reaction to the facts and his own odd public behaviour, comments and policy changes. What the Whitehouse are actually doing are heavily censoring the media by locking them out of the press room to get things reported in a sympathetic manner and calling it something else!

It's so embarrassing for America the Republican party will soon be forced to desert him. I've just returned from the States and the level of embarrassment, resentment and general hysteria over the President and his team is overwhelming. Many are quite simply becoming ashamed of the office.

2 minutes ago, Smudge said:

I assume that if you want an unbiased opinion you are presented with the facts and you make up your own mind. The news isn't supposed to be an op ed

No disagreement there. I wish there was a truly unbiased news source out there that just presented the facts, but sadly it's always open to human interpretation.

In my own opinion though, the Beeb actually isn't too far away from impartial in terms of its reporting (rather than it's reporters) and so is better than most.

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'll grant anybody the fact that the BBC are more left-leaning than right but this idea that Trump is attacked with bias is such a laughable reaction to the facts and his own odd public behaviour, comments and policy changes. What the Whitehouse are actually doing are heavily censoring the media by locking them out of the press room to get things reported in a sympathetic manner and calling it something else!

It's so embarrassing for America the Republican party will soon be forced to desert him. I've just returned from the States and the level of embarrassment, resentment and general hysteria over the President and his team is overwhelming. Many are quite simply becoming ashamed of the office.

Yeah. The Beeb were treated by and treated Dubya pretty well, for instance (despite being pretty rightwing himself).

Not sure your second paragraph, though. Trump does have a lot of Breitbart-viewing, /pol-posting grassroots support directly for him and the Repub members of Congress know that they probably key to them maintaining control of both houses, so they can't really disavow him without risking their own offices. One thing right wing organisations do very well is presenting a united front.

Just now, leicsmac said:

Yeah. The Beeb were treated by and treated Dubya pretty well, for instance (despite being pretty rightwing himself).

Not sure your second paragraph, though. Trump does have a lot of Breitbart-viewing, /pol-posting grassroots support directly for him and the Repub members of Congress know that they probably key to them maintaining control of both houses, so they can't really disavow him without risking their own offices. One thing right wing organisations do very well is presenting a united front.

It's a weird tide out there at the moment.

You don't as a citizen always get the government you want, or the government you voted for - but hey ho - its democracy apparently and you get on with it.

Difference is here is this is not just what people didn't want - it goes against everything they stand for, it goes against what America was built on, it goes against what many think is a huge danger to the planet, it quite frankly represents issues that huge amounts of people (I won't use the word citizens) have stood against and actively have vehement hatred for. I don't see a coup or an uprising - I do see something else though - politics will find a way to out him before his term is up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

No disagreement there. I wish there was a truly unbiased news source out there that just presented the facts, but sadly it's always open to human interpretation.

In my own opinion though, the Beeb actually isn't too far away from impartial in terms of its reporting (rather than it's reporters) and so is better than most.

Like I said we watch BBC America news most nights. My wife finds the news more credible and I have the hots for Katty Kay, the thinking man's crumpet! All very objective viewing :)

On 27/02/2017 at 00:15, Collymore said:

I actually think CR's sacking has highlighted just how corrupt the media are. The Mirror and similar monstrosities are just bothered about click bait and would say anything  to get more views, they're probably the least harmful as most people with an IQ don't take them seriously. 

The bigger organisations obviously have other agendas being controlled in the shadows. 

Trump is bang on with his criticism of the media but unfortunately he's just as bad as them with his totalitarian control. "Don't listen to them, they're all fake, listen to me" Yeah alright Donald, everything you say must be true because they're all corrupt! 

I would say they are the most harmful because so many people with lower IQ's take it at face value.