Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm a mod, especially for Gen Chat. I read every thread on here, believe me it can be tedious at times.

You agreed to be a mod, you have to sift through the shit. You don't like it, quit. You're experience is different to others, it's unique, it's not our problem you have to read everything, why should our usage and enjoyment be affected because of your unique circumstances?

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You agreed to be a mod, you have to sift through the shit. You don't like it, quit. You're experience is different to others, it's unique, it's not our problem you have to read everything, why should our usage and enjoyment be affected because of your unique circumstances?

Have I complained? (Btw it's "your")

Now I'm going to stop now because it's obvious you're looking for a fight.

Just now, Webbo said:

Have I complained? (Btw it's "your")

Now I'm going to stop now because it's obvious you're looking for a fight.

I'm not lol I'm just confused by the fact you allow your position to cloud your enjoyment of the forum. You don't like sifting through the shit, take yourself out of the position that requires you to do so or put up with it. Simple as that.

What do you think the American media have to do about Trump? Like it or not, he's caught them completely wrong-footed since he became President, even more than the campaign trail, bad though that was.

Do they carry on treating him like Hitler, or like an incompetent bully with no people skills whose Presidency is bound to fail? Either way has problems. The American people voted for him, and he seems to be doing what they want. (I'm fully aware that not all the American people voted for him, but they lost, simple as that). The protests will carry on, but they do have the disadvantage of being led by Muslims, Mexicans and the rainbow coalition people, which adds to Trump's appeal.

The SNL spoof featuring Melissa Mccarthy doing an impression of Sean Spicer was extremely funny, but I can't help watching it with a certain amount of unease. Satire will only get you so far, particularly when its audience is comprised of Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders voters. Most of Trump's supporters seem to lack a sense of humour, so there's no common ground there.

I don't know what the answer is. What I do know is that the American media needs to up their game considerably if they're going to catch up with him.     

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

The internet is of course having an absolute field day with the whole Sweden thing.

That being said, with that and the "Bowling Green" fiasco last week, the idea of this administration can completely fictionalise a terrorist attack and people will buy it even in this information heavy age is a bit scary rather than funny.

Worrying isn't it. 

People hear the lies he spouts, his favourite news channels report them as fact, not as his rantings, and then people read that "news" and believe it. Same happened over the electoral fraud thing. Someone tweeted it, he saw it and started going on about it, Breitbart and co reported it and then later it was being repeated by members of the public on the news. I saw on woman asked where she'd got the figure of 3m fraudulent vote in California from and she said the media, when in fact that all came from one tweet from a random guy that Trump ran with it. 

For years we have the whinging petition signers complaining about the media,now they are heroes for standing up to trump.

Trump is the best thing to happen to American politics in years, mad as a Mongoose or just taking the piss out of the liberal elites,either way embrace the change.

20 minutes ago, Claridge said:

For years we have the whinging petition signers complaining about the media,now they are heroes for standing up to trump.

Trump is the best thing to happen to American politics in years, mad as a Mongoose or just taking the piss out of the liberal elites,either way embrace the change.

Im not sure such divisions can ever be a good thing, it's concerning at best.

44 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Taking the piss out of 'liberal elites' (presumably you just mean anyone regardless of their 'means' who is centre or left of the political divide) and pandering to 'conservative elites'. What a guy eh!

17 minutes ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

Taking the piss out of 'liberal elites' (presumably you just mean anyone regardless of their 'means' who is centre or left of the political divide) and pandering to 'conservative elites'. What a guy eh!

Conservative elites, forgot them.Yes challenging all the elites,glad you think he's great guy too

48 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Conservative elites, forgot them.Yes challenging all the elites,glad you think he's great guy too

Not really challenging the conservative elites though is he. Yeah he's brilliant, just shows that idiocy really is no limit these days.

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

He keeps attacking the media to make it look like he is a victim. by atta the press it is taking focus off him and his policies and saying that everything is the fault of the lying press and by saying the press has their own agenda he wants to push through what ever he wants and if the press reports it he can just shout and say it is fake news all the time. it is a form of persuasion.

Our own govts and politician  have done the exact same thing..They are Just more subtle when they do it. Trump just puts it up front and in ya face. 

Hes ruffling up the establishments feathers somewhat,' apple pie' America is being taken out its cosy White  middle class comfort zone. Redneck politics perhaps.

Obama wasnt dynamic enough.

I dont like Trump, neither do I trust him. but We should welcome him to the UK, and hes defintely better than some of the despots that have been welcomed to UK with alot of pomp.

Like the Saudis and Chinese. Hypcrosy is also running rife in the organised demo organisations, from many different fronts.

Brushing off Trump, because of some nonsense angles, would show poor government, judgement, and play into other Questionable Nations hands.

Then again Incompetent, headline grabbing politicians, and silly women Picking up the right fight at the wrong time , have always been the tragic history of the UK.

Politics in the west, and around the reasonable trying to be honest nations, need a shake up,

Normal joe electorate, have shown their want for change, need for reassesment in a true Democratic way. But the politicians and Establishment cronies still want to ignore and deny

the electorate  Who  have had to Put up with enough Of being sold Scary austerity packages, while the rich get richer,

Holding the voters randsom over incompetent and unjust, disorganised

immigration issues and Mis using and abusing , local housing and Medical/social

Change needs...

Trump, Brexit, ( in uk  NHS Collapse), are upon us, because joe electorate, are fed up of being lied to

"In the nicest ways" immoral and deliberate ignorance, a n d frankly being taken the piss out of,

from the people they voted for and wanted and expected they  could trust.

Its become an uncontrollable virus, where the elected ignore the reason they were put into a power of expectation and hope.  People are fed up with " question time rhetoric" and bending  words to skip the electorates feelings, issues and emotions crying out to be listened to and

Actioned.

Any new Platform  Racism, is born on the back of incompetent governments, and in our situation the EU , for denying the need Of Intence  organisation, and infrastructure Investment.

Another thing that shows all european nations failings, was ignoring Italian warning from 25yrs ago, that a refugee issue was becoming a catastrophy.

That now put fear into the American, joe blogs, because they feel and are fed up that they Would be once again  baling out Europe again, for their own inadequecies.

My fear is not Trump, but the consistent deaf ears, of elected politicians

from around The Free World.!!!

I think Britain's played a blinder so far with Donald Trump. Of course Theresa May's got to go and see him and offer him a state visit. Realpolitik would have to dictate that regardless of Brexit. People who don't see that don't live in the real world.

On the other hand, we have John Bercow. Pundits who doubt that he has the authority to say what he says somehow miss the point. Of course he didn't have the authority to say what he has said. But the fact is he did say it, causing lots of people to choke cornflakes all over their keyboards in delight. Or disgust. It doesn't really matter. The point is that the stuff about racism and sexism needed saying. John Bercow may have spent the majority of his life writing his own biography, but the fact is he came good when it absolutely had to happen. It's difficult to imagine a more perfect person to rebuke Trump, except the Queen, and that might create a few problems with the state visit.

Edited by thursday_next

On 19/02/2017 at 18:31, Webbo said:

Most of the media wanted Clinton to win, it's no surprise they're gunning for him now. I have to say though he's not helping himself. His behaviour is bizarre to say the least.

Media is a business, they are loving it.

He says something stupid, they publish it, get a billion clicks, he calls them fake news, they publish it, get a billion and a half clicks... and so on.

Trump is a gold mine for all of them, and they will keep provoking him because he is so easy to be wound up.

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Well I was going to go and protest outside parliament last night while MPs discussed whether we should ruin our relationship with the US at a critical moment in our history as a nation.  Then I realized we should of course ignore hypocritical twats who said nothing when the leaders of China (twice), Saudi Arabia, Russia in recent years were afforded state visits, but whinge when the leader of our greatest ally (and our only Superpower ally last time I looked) gets a perfectly sensible invitation, so I stayed in a drank nice red wine instead and had a steak.

I think this is a fair point, on caveat being that we seem especially desperate with this visit. Not an ideal way to enter a relationship and future negotiation. I believe (need to verify!) that the others you mention were not afforded a State visit within the first week of their premiership.

However, I do think there is a lot of merit in getting him early and helping to guide him. He is naive. He has no experience. He is very pliable. We can shape his policy if we befriend him and work with him early on.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Can't stand that Milo bloke. Him, Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins need to be fired into space.

He identified a niche; gay, dating a black guy, sexually abused, right wing nut job. He is now exploiting that to make as much money as possible. He is playing a character if you ask me. I am glad his book is no longer being published.

10 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

He identified a niche; gay, dating a black guy, sexually abused, right wing nut job. He is now exploiting that to make as much money as possible. He is playing a character if you ask me. I am glad his book is no longer being published.

One thing that gets me is when his supporters insist he can't be racist because he dates black guys and can't be homophobic either because...obvious.

He would hardly be the first self hating guy who fetishises those he considers below him, would he? Where did all those black folks with suspiciously white sounding surnames in the annals of late 19th Century history come from, after all?

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I think this is a fair point, on caveat being that we seem especially desperate with this visit. Not an ideal way to enter a relationship and future negotiation. I believe (need to verify!) that the others you mention were not afforded a State visit within the first week of their premiership.

However, I do think there is a lot of merit in getting him early and helping to guide him. He is naive. He has no experience. He is very pliable. We can shape his policy if we befriend him and work with him early on.

Exactly. He's been given a visit early because he does need the guidance, and with the right guidance he could be a massive benefit to us. 

Whether we agree with the egotistical cheeto coloured mongrel is irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

He also said lesbians aren't real, despite being gay. The guy is a joke. 

• Like 1