Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Do we have to buy from France? But if we do at least we know there are better environmental and other standards than US mass produced shit.

We don't have to buy from America. If you buy a pre made salad it will have been washed in chlorinated water. There's chlorine in tap water. The idea that America has worse standards than us is based on nothing more than prejudice. If someone in America was made bad from something they ate the producer would be sued for a fortune.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

We don't have to buy from America. If you buy a pre made salad it will have been washed in chlorinated water. There's chlorine in tap water. The idea that America has worse standards than us is based on nothing more than prejudice. If someone in America was made bad from something they ate the producer would be sued for a fortune.

When I go on holiday to the states, it’s the food I look forwards too the most. Huge steroid pumped steaks are absolutely tremendous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Ok. You believe what you wish. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

http://www.mercola.com/downloads/bonus/chlorine/default.htm

So what are the documented side effects of chlorine? The startling evidence could shock you into making choices which might just save your life...

• According to the U.S. Council of Environmental Quality, the cancer risk to people who drink chlorinated water is 93 percent higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine.
  • The residents of a small town in Pennsylvania who ate diets rich in saturated animal fats and milk had no heart attacks – until they switched from mountain spring water to fluoridated water.
  • Research from the University of Nijmegen in the Netherlands discovered that people who swam in chlorinated pools or polluted waters as children had 2.2 to 2.4 times the risk of developing melanoma compared to those who did not swim in chlorinated waters.
  • Male smokers who drank chlorinated tap water for more than 40 years had double the risk of bladder cancer as smoking males who drank non-chlorinated water.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

http://www.mercola.com/downloads/bonus/chlorine/default.htm

So what are the documented side effects of chlorine? The startling evidence could shock you into making choices which might just save your life...

• According to the U.S. Council of Environmental Quality, the cancer risk to people who drink chlorinated water is 93 percent higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine.
  • The residents of a small town in Pennsylvania who ate diets rich in saturated animal fats and milk had no heart attacks – until they switched from mountain spring water to fluoridated water.
  • Research from the University of Nijmegen in the Netherlands discovered that people who swam in chlorinated pools or polluted waters as children had 2.2 to 2.4 times the risk of developing melanoma compared to those who did not swim in chlorinated waters.
  • Male smokers who drank chlorinated tap water for more than 40 years had double the risk of bladder cancer as smoking males who drank non-chlorinated water.

So is it safe?
US regulators are unequivocal: yes, it’s safe. The USDA has approved several antimicrobial rinses for use in poultry processing, including chlorine dioxide, acidified sodium chlorite, trisodium phosphate and peroxyacids, and meat treated with such rinses is considered safe for consumers to eat.

And, in fact, their EU colleagues agree. The European food safety regulator EFSA looked at the issue of chlorine treatment and found “chemical substances in poultry are unlikely to pose an immediate or acute health risk for consumers.”

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/buying-and-supplying/food-safety/chlorinated-chicken-explained-why-do-the-americans-treat-their-poultry-with-chlorine/555618.article

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You haven't answered why we shouldn't buy from our producers? 

I've not said we can't. I want us to be able to buy from here, Europe, the US and anywhere else.

3 hours ago, somebum said:

Listen ive spent a lot of time in Africa and most of it is a sh!thole. Trump is saying it how it is. Seeing the comments here about his intellectual capabilities is cringeable. 

'Climbing out of the gutter one step at a time'  :crylaugh:

The King of irony. :worship:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

If you think the US is so good, I suspect some of you need to pay a visit to the US and see the poverty in places likes parts of West Virginia. I have and it is distressing. Trump and his ilk have no interest in sorting that.

Has this poverty only just occurred or did it exist in the previous 9 years?

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

If you think the US is so good, I suspect some of you need to pay a visit to the US and see the poverty in places likes parts of West Virginia. I have and it is distressing. Trump and his ilk have no interest in sorting that.

I don’t even like Trump, I’m arguing about a trade deal.

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Right now ? ...   a large can of peanuts and some Ferraro Rocher from the mini bar ...   and a pint to wash them down ..   :)

Have your nuts been washed in chlorine?

• Haha 1