Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

10 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

he's not getting anywhere near a second term lol.

he will either be impeached, imprisoned, assassinated or he'll die from the stress of the job.  

or he'll blow up half the world.

Nah, can't agree.

Most likely outcome is losing in 2020 provided the Dems actually put up a half-decent candidate. Impeachment and taking the Nixon route out a reasonably close second.

Guest FriendlyRam

Cant be shocked by anything he says or does. He doesnt care and his supporters think hes the greatest because hes controversial, in fact a lot of his base praise him for winding up "the lefty media". 

I have multiple students whose parents are immigrants from “shithole countries” who are now being told by the President of the United States that they are not welcomed or wanted as Americans. That is the only country they have ever known.

What do I tell them tomorrow?

I'm entirely sick of this asshole.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

I have multiple students whose parents are immigrants from “shithole countries” who are now being told by the President of the United States that they are not welcomed or wanted as Americans. That is the only country they have ever known.

What do I tell them tomorrow?

I'm entirely sick of this asshole.

Go back to their shithole country like trump called it. (Dont say this lol).

Or tell them to emigrate to Norway.

Clown needs to go.

Edited by Jattdogg

Guest FriendlyRam

Tell them they contribute far more than the halfwit himself

Hes back tweeting about the london embassy, talking as if we're all going to break down in tears because he aint coming.

6 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Tell them they contribute far more than the halfwit himself

Hes back tweeting about the london embassy, talking as if we're all going to break down in tears because he aint coming.

A reporter on BBC Breakfast News said that the new embassy had been planned before Obama even became president - presumably under George W. Bush?

We all know that's not the reason why he's not coming to the UK, but he cannot even come up with a credible lie!

But I suppose that, with his politics, that doesn't matter. He's just constantly sending media messages to the alienated US voters who support him, who either don't find out the truth or don't give a shit about it.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

A reporter on BBC Breakfast News said that the new embassy had been planned before Obama even became president - presumably under George W. Bush?

We all know that's not the reason why he's not coming to the UK, but he cannot even come up with a credible lie!

But I suppose that, with his politics, that doesn't matter. He's just constantly sending media messages to the alienated US voters who support him, who either don't find out the truth or don't give a shit about it.

Yep it was Bush's billion dollar strategic decision to move the Embassy from Mayfair.

Mayor of London's tweet didn't pull any punches - fair play.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Not only was the embassy move planned by Bush, it was financed by sale of the old embassy. Yet the POTUS is complaining about a bad deal. The guy's a trainwreck.

On 10/01/2018 at 18:59, MattP said:

If people have more money in their pockets and unemployment continues to fall he could get elected again. 

The popular vote in places like California and New York will obviously go up against him but it means nothing if they don't win back states like Michigan and Penn.

Not a chance. His approval ratings are the worst any president in living memory has had. He will be a one term president even if he avoids impeachment.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yep it was Bush's billion dollar strategic decision to move the Embassy from Mayfair.

Mayor of London's tweet didn't pull any punches - fair play.

Trump is great for Khan, he can grandstand over him whilst stabbings, acid attacks etc rise in the city and deflect the attention off him. 

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Not a chance. His approval ratings are the worst any president in living memory has had. He will be a one term president even if he avoids impeachment.

You said he didn't have a chance of being elected in the first place, amazing you haven't learnt your lesson as you are a smart guy.

Approval ratings mean nothing now, the next election isn't until 2020. Check out how bad Dubya's ratings were in 2003.

Edited by MattP

47 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Not only was the embassy move planned by Bush, it was financed by sale of the old embassy. Yet the POTUS is complaining about a bad deal. The guy's a trainwreck.

Nice as the redevelopment of Nine Elms will no doubt be once finished, it is still South of the River, and it is not Grosvenor Square.

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

the POTUS is complaining about a bad deal. The guy's a trainwreck.

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

28 minutes ago, bovril said:

I'm actually starting to almost feel sorry for him. I used to think his tweets were trolling but he really means them without a hint of irony. Which means the guy's borderline special needs. 

I'm not sure you're right, lads.

Some of his approval ratings may be bad, but an awful lot of the people who voted for him still seem to like him. They seem to lap up his lies and offensive comments.

And that's before some of his policies feed through economically. He's won approval for large tax cuts (albeit mainly for business and the rich) and for large-scale public investment in infrastructure that is likely to create a lot of jobs in an economy that is already on the up (even if much of the credit for that might belong to Obama). His tax cuts and infrastructure spending is liable to massively increase US public debt, but those chickens might only come home to roost long after he has left office. Meanwhile, all his jingoistic, America First attitude to international relations seems to appeal to his support base, as does his aggressive approach towards North Korea, Iran and other countries.

Of course, a large proportion of the US public detest him and his policies, but that was also true for Thatcher in the 1980s and she kept getting elected....

I've a nasty feeling that he's not as "borderline special needs" or as much of a "trainwreck" as we might like to believe. He might be a dangerous man pursuing loathsome policies but might also have cynically and brutally good political instincts as regards pleasing his potential support base and retaining power. I wouldn't bank on him being a one-term president with the Republicans currently still in complete control of Congress and the prospect of a significant economic upturn in the US..... I wish that I could.

Edited by Alf Bentley

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think it's kinda nice that he knows how unwelcome he'd be here.

If t helped our economy Bucey I’d roll out the red carpet, sing The Star spangled banner and tell him the button on his desk is HUGE compared to that one on the Korean runts desk ...

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

If t helped our economy Bucey I’d roll out the red carpet, sing The Star spangled banner and tell him the button on his desk is HUGE compared to that one on the Korean runts desk ...

It won't, though.

Any deal he makes will be good for the Yanks, not us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

It won't, though.

Trade deals can be mutually beneficial, people seem to forget that these days.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

It won't, though.

Youre probably right ...   :(      But with an fookin eeejit like that who knows ...    he might see May as some sort of mother figure and want to please her ...      (straws ..   clutching) ....