Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

This is absolutely hilarious, I can barely watch, they are making her sit through it on the Daily Politics. Now trying to claim she knew her figures and the media are at fault for not wanting to talk about "the real issues" lol

Apparantly the public who listened to the interview will have realised she did know her figures.

Fake news.

I know a lad who is a staunch Corbynite and I'll ask him about this and his answer will definitely contain "the media". Even if you agree with Corbyn's politics surely you can now see that his shadow cabinet and policies just aren't feasible.

There's plenty of decent politicians in the Labour Party but unfortunately they've been marginalised as evil Blairites. Labour struggled to get elected before Corbyn led the party and now he's probably killed any chance of then getting elected even in 2022.

I don't dislike Corbyn, I think he is an honourable guy with good intentions. However he can't get the talented people to work with him and the dross he has in his cabinet is undermining all his principles and good will. The Labour Party needs to split up soon, otherwise there will nothing left for either side to fight over.

13 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I know a lad who is a staunch Corbynite and I'll ask him about this and his answer will definitely contain "the media". Even if you agree with Corbyn's politics surely you can now see that his shadow cabinet and policies just aren't feasible.

There's plenty of decent politicians in the Labour Party but unfortunately they've been marginalised as evil Blairites. Labour struggled to get elected before Corbyn led the party and now he's probably killed any chance of then getting elected even in 2022.

I think his policies are fine but I'd agree that the likes of diane abbott really aren't doing him any favours. I've actually been quite impressed with the Shadow Chancellor though. 

The thing that astounded me was, when they tried to overthrow Corbyn, the first person they lined up behind was Angela Eagles as if that would be a better option.

10 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I think his policies are fine but I'd agree that the likes of diane abbott really aren't doing him any favours. I've actually been quite impressed with the Shadow Chancellor though. 

The thing that astounded me was, when they tried to overthrow Corbyn, the first person they lined up behind was Angela Eagles as if that would be a better option.

Yeah laughable that the best they thought they could come up with is Eagle.

Guest MattP
34 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Forgot about him.

Just googled and he spent yesterday with his mates by the looks of it.

IMG_20170502_092846.jpg

What a fcuking embarrassing interview, how on earth can that woman ever be a credible Home Secretary, if that is the standard of the LP cabinet time to resurrect spitting image, there's Comedy Gold out there folks.

Incidentally have to say Jo Coburn is one of the best political interviewers out there.

8 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

What a fcuking embarrassing interview, how on earth can that woman ever be a credible Home Secretary, if that is the standard of the LP cabinet time to resurrect spitting image, there's Comedy Gold out there folks.

Incidentally have to say Jo Coburn is one of the best political interviewers out there.

Well, Boris Johnson managed it.

Oh, wait - you said credible. My bad.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Buce said:

Well, Boris Johnson managed it.

Oh, wait - you said credible. My bad.

Boris Johnson has never been Home Secretary. 

Just now, MattP said:

Boris Johnson has never been Home Secretary. 

My bad, you're right, but I think you know what I meant.

He and Abbot share the same level of unsuitability for the job.

The level of talent on the front benches overall is just depressing. Dianne Abbott and her opposite number Rudd are both atrocious as well as people in the lower cabinets positions. Probably the most able person in Parliament right now is Alex Salmond and he's still not really a heavyweight in the vein of Dennis Healey, Michael Howard etc.

Guest MattP
16 minutes ago, Buce said:

My bad, you're right, but I think you know what I meant.

He and Abbot share the same level of unsuitability for the job.

Boris wouldn't have been my first choice for that job but there is no one in politics comparable to how bad Diane Abbott is.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Boris wouldn't have been my first choice for that job but there is no one in politics comparable to how bad Diane Abbott is.

He wouldn't be my first choice to flip burgers, tbh.

The man is nothing more than a buffoon.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Buce said:

He wouldn't be my first choice to flip burgers, tbh.

The man is nothing more than a buffoon.

You are letting a personal vendetta get in the way of rationale here.

If you've ran London for eight years you aren't a buffoon, not to mention being editor of news outlets and magazines, these aren't jobs that can be done by people who can't flip a burger. 

Whatever you think of him he's clearly a very bright and erudite guy from the stuff he writes, nowhere near the level of a person like Diane Abbott who struggles with basic maths and shouldn't even be running a local party branch. 

20 minutes ago, MattP said:

You are letting a personal vendetta get in the way of rationale here.

If you've ran London for eight years you aren't a buffoon, not to mention being editor of news outlets and magazines, these aren't jobs that can be done by people who can't flip a burger. 

Whatever you think of him he's clearly a very bright and erudite guy from the stuff he writes, nowhere near the level of a person like Diane Abbott who struggles with basic maths and shouldn't even be running a local party branch. 

http://www.politico.eu/article/11-boris-johnson-diplomatic-gaffes/

http://www.cityam.com/245465/quotes-boris-johnsons-foreign-insults-and-gaffes

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/10/18/boris-johnson-says-osborn_n_1017467.html?slideshow=true#gallery/193834/0

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/12/boris-johnson-garden-bridge-point_n_4948966.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/14/boris-johnson-life-xenophobic-gaffes

9 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Well they will need 10,000 more officers to contain the riots if Corbyn win's.:D

They won't though will they

I thought only snowflakes whinging lefties do riots?  :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Foreign secretary ha ha , i'm sure that was just a freudian slip Bucey .

lol

MattP jumped on that in about 3 seconds.

In my defence, I don't think anyone actually knows what his job is - least of all Boris..

Just now, The Guvnor said:

So I see, we can't all spend all day on here, did he notice there are two t's in Abbott :P 

If he did, he was too polite to mention it..

She is rubbish, however, the right wing have moaned about security and the lack of police officers on the streets for quite some time now, yet Labour put it forward and it's laughed off. What do you actually want?

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

She is rubbish, however, the right wing have moaned about security and the lack of police officers on the streets for quite some time now, yet Labour put it forward and it's laughed off. What do you actually want?

Anything except Dianne Abbott. Literally everything she touches turns to shit.

Archived