Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

Guest MattP
20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

There's no effective government either.

Given all I hear is moaning about what they are doing and implementing they must be effective at doing something. Although even if they were killing puppies they would still win an election against the current opposition which will surely go down as the worst ever alternative cabinet ever offered up at a general election. 

Tories can't be as far ahead of Labour as some might think if they're resorting to this utter bullshit..

5344.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=3c02aa6a48c4b3db7f65e811bc25ac7f

Honestly, who thinks this is A) appropriate and B) a good strategy to win the votes of anyone with a functioning brain?

It's the start of their election campaign and instead of something which is about their own policy they print a fvck off billboard with Corbyn and a 9ft bomb. Laughable.

26 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Tories can't be as far ahead of Labour as some might think if they're resulting to this utter bullshit..

5344.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=3c02aa6a48c4b3db7f65e811bc25ac7f

Honestly, who thinks this is A) appropriate and B) a good strategy to win the votes of anyone with a functioning brain?

It's the start of their election campaign and instead of something which is about their own policy they print a fvck off billboard with Corbyn and a 9ft bomb. Laughable.

It's this sort of stuff that consistently turns me off politics in general and reminds me why I struggle to get passionate about it.

Either party resorting to the downside of what the other will do rather than the benefit of what they themselves will do is a poor show IMO.

If we've got another five weeks of this type of tactics then I'll probably just switch off and not bother voting. I can't be arsed with negative campaigning and this approach doesn't appeal to me one bit.

But that's just politics for you I guess!

Twitter the Labour left? Maybe if you stumble into an echo chamber. You can turn twitter into whatever political persuasion you like. If you want hard left, follow the right people. Same to right wing. Both sides have fervent and active people replying and engaging in hostile conversation. It doesn't take you long to find the group or responses to suit an agenda on social media, really.

It's a bit rich of Corbyn supporters to mock or complain about May's election accusation to the EU yesterday. This the paranoid group of people who think anything not bowing down to their dear leader is Tory bias with the MSM trying to rig the election

21 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Twitter the Labour left? Maybe if you stumble into an echo chamber. You can turn twitter into whatever political persuasion you like. If you want hard left, follow the right people. Same to right wing. Both sides have fervent and active people replying and engaging in hostile conversation. It doesn't take you long to find the group or responses to suit an agenda on social media, really.

UK trending topics generally seem to be anti-Tory so to me it seems like a left wing echo chamber. (I don't really follow anyone who posts much political stuff so I don't think that affects my trending topics.) The #CameronMustGo hashtag ran consistently for about a fortnight in the 2015 election ... that went well, didn't it? People tend to think social media is an accurate yardstick of anything but I would disagree.

Guest MattP
6 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's this sort of stuff that consistently turns me off politics in general and reminds me why I struggle to get passionate about it.

Either party resorting to the downside of what the other will do rather than the benefit of what they themselves will do is a poor show IMO.

If we've got another five weeks of this type of tactics then I'll probably just switch off and not bother voting. I can't be arsed with negative campaigning and this approach doesn't appeal to me one bit.

But that's just politics for you I guess!

Expect more of it. 

This will be the first election in history where Corbyn will feature more on Tory posters/leaflets than Labour ones.

They don't need to be this crude though, a poster saying "even his own MP's don't want him to be Prime Minister" would be more than sufficient with a few of the no confidence quotes. 

17 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

UK trending topics generally seem to be anti-Tory so to me it seems like a left wing echo chamber. (I don't really follow anyone who posts much political stuff so I don't think that affects my trending topics.) The #CameronMustGo hashtag ran consistently for about a fortnight in the 2015 election ... that went well, didn't it? People tend to think social media is an accurate yardstick of anything but I would disagree.

It's not really any sort of echo chamber until you decide what you want it to be - want far left, just follow that another angry voice bloke. Want far right? Hover around fox news presenters. Want paranoid conspiratorial nonsense? Follow Alex Jones and his infowars lot. Want a load of vile bollocks? Follow Milo and the bunch of desperate clingers on.

It's pretty common for people to bash Corbyn these days and I notice the typically right-leaning posters are more than happy to listen to left wingers complain about him and his shadow cabinet but how exactly is May and co. any better a prospect?  I don't see how she's given herself any more credibility yet nor do I see any of the more conservative minded posters on here lamenting their choice of candidate.  The lack of anything even as mild as "I'm voting May but I wish we had a more suitable leader to vote for" is a bit of a concern for me and it stunts the ability to have a proper debate when one side is going to argue in defence of Tory/UKIP regardless of the scenario.  It's reminiscent of the uneducated (in terms of not being willing to look under the surface and educate themselves on the issues) masses who swung the vote for Brexit on a 'feeling' or on alternative facts which they chose not to question (and we know these people exist because we heard a lot from them immediately after the vote).  Do you have to be somewhere between the centre and left of centre to be capable of introspection and/or scrutiny these days?

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

It's pretty common for people to bash Corbyn these days and I notice the typically right-leaning posters are more than happy to listen to left wingers complain about him and his shadow cabinet but how exactly is May and co. any better a prospect?  I don't see how she's given herself any more credibility yet nor do I see any of the more conservative minded posters on here lamenting their choice of candidate.  The lack of anything even as mild as "I'm voting May but I wish we had a more suitable leader to vote for" is a bit of a concern for me and it stunts the ability to have a proper debate when one side is going to argue in defence of Tory/UKIP regardless of the scenario.  It's reminiscent of the uneducated (in terms of not being willing to look under the surface and educate themselves on the issues) masses who swung the vote for Brexit on a 'feeling' or on alternative facts which they chose not to question (and we know these people exist because we heard a lot from them immediately after the vote).  Do you have to be somewhere between the centre and left of centre to be capable of introspection and/or scrutiny these days?

You could argue the exact same point for the staunch Labour and remain voters, who claim racism or bigotry at the first sign of a differing opinion.

This constant degrading of people's intellectual integrity based purely on their political beliefs is neither fair or helpful. There are many political commentators on either side of the political spectrum who are willing to engage in reasoned debate but equally there are those who will just blindly vote Labour or Conservative. 

I hope I've not misunderstood your post but generalising a huge proportion of people as 'uneducated' is just patently wrong.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

It's becoming increasingly clear that you're voting for the person who'll do the least damage as opposed to somebody who can take the country forward. How are we in this mess?

The established media ostracise anyone with views outside the 'mainstream'.

6 hours ago, MattP said:

Expect more of it. 

This will be the first election in history where Corbyn will feature more on Tory posters/leaflets than Labour ones.

They don't need to be this crude though, a poster saying "even his own MP's don't want him to be Prime Minister" would be more than sufficient with a few of the no confidence quotes. 

I think it's a massive shame and yet another indictment of the shitty way politics works that the Tories felt compelled to start with anything related to Corbyn. So many people across the majority of the political spectrum think this guy is an absolute no hoper in terms of leading the party (even if they agree with some of his policy) and who you claimed is leading the worst opposition in history and yet the Tories still feel the need to focus on his opposition to Trident in general.

That poster is awful but I am fully aware that this tactic in general happens across the board. It's just hugely disappointing that so many are voting for whoever they are not because they think that party is going to be great for us, but because it is less shit than it's opponent. Winning this general election because Labour is in tatters is not really a success for the Tories. It hasn't always been this way. I was only 7 when Blair won but I'm pretty sure he didn't win the election because he was less shit than his opponent. 

3 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I think it's a massive shame and yet another indictment of the shitty way politics works that the Tories felt compelled to start with anything related to Corbyn. So many people across the majority of the political spectrum think this guy is an absolute no hoper in terms of leading the party (even if they agree with some of his policy) and who you claimed is leading the worst opposition in history and yet the Tories still feel the need to focus on his opposition to Trident in general.

That poster is awful but I am fully aware that this tactic in general happens across the board. It's just hugely disappointing that so many are voting for whoever they are not because they think that party is going to be great for us, but because it is less shit than it's opponent. Winning this general election because Labour is in tatters is not really a success for the Tories. It hasn't always been this way. I was only 7 when Blair won but I'm pretty sure he didn't win the election because he was less shit than his opponent. 

No you are right about that, Blair won on a wave of optimism, he was excellent at self promotion. I don't think it is an appropriate poster, however I do think the tories need to remind people who is leading the opposition as he seems to be absent from their own campaign.

37 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm torn.

I'd vote Labour for one main Policy area..the NHS.

But imagine us having this fookin pair in the Cabinet....one running the country, the other in charge of the police.....

labour-corbyn-toot_3454833b.jpg

_79410806_abbott_bbc.jpg

You aren't voting for either of them! You are voting for the local candidate you best feel can serve your local area! This idea that you are voting for May or Corbyn is just ridiculous and not a true representation of how our system works. Now i expect everyone on here knows this but i was having a conversation with some neighbours the other day who had no idea at all - worrying! 

Archived