Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

Just now, MattP said:

I mentioned her in the Manchester thread just a few hours ago.

Fair enough, I didn't see that.

Just now, MattP said:

The isn't about right or left though, it's the weird cult following some of these politicians now attract and the weirdos with it, Le Pen, Trump, Sanders and now Corbyn, they attract these sorts in the way political parties in general never seem to. A Jeremy Corbyn rucksack ffs.

That's true, but Corbyn is no more responsible for the nutters who attach themselves to him than a football team that attracts a hooligan following.

Just now, MattP said:

Has Hopkins ever came out for a certain party? If she has I've never seen it.

No idea, but a quick Google would find plenty of basket cases who do attach themselves to the Tories.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

The main difference here is despite your opinions on her, everyone would admit that Thatcher was an incredibly strong, charismatic leader with bigger balls than any bloke in Parliment and whilst you may not have agreed with her, you couldn't really knock her as a Prime Minister.

Theresa May on the other hand despite peddling the strong and stable line looks weaker and weaker every time she opens her mouth.  Her credibility really is shot to pieces and I dont think that this can rescue her.

Its a real shame as I think if she didnt call the election, she could have really grown into the role and come the next GE, really cleaned up.  If the campaigns continue as they are, she wont win a majority.

Guest MattP
42 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Right side of history ya twats

Many would say what actually started it was two planes crashing into the Twin Towers two years before that.

I suppose history will be always be written by the winners. We'll never know.

Anyone got a speech of him demanding we don't join NATO action in Bosnia?

54 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

The main difference here is despite your opinions on her, everyone would admit that Thatcher was an incredibly strong, charismatic leader with bigger balls than any bloke in Parliment and whilst you may not have agreed with her, you couldn't really knock her as a Prime Minister.

Theresa May on the other hand despite peddling the strong and stable line looks weaker and weaker every time she opens her mouth.  Her credibility really is shot to pieces and I dont think that this can rescue her.

Its a real shame as I think if she didnt call the election, she could have really grown into the role and come the next GE, really cleaned up.  If the campaigns continue as they are, she wont win a majority.

lol

28 minutes ago, MattP said:

Many would say what actually started it was two planes crashing into the Twin Towers two years before that.

I suppose history will be always be written by the winners. We'll never know.

Anyone got a speech of him demanding we don't join NATO action in Bosnia?

Crazy that you're now swimming against the tide on this.  

Before the election was called Corbyn and Labour were finished.

Absolutely bizarre.

17 minutes ago, toddybad said:

is ability to attract the support of key influencers such as actor Danny DeVito, Geordie Shore’s Scotty T and grime artists including JME and Lowkey,

lol dying.

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

is ability to attract the support of key influencers such as actor Danny DeVito, Geordie Shore’s Scotty T and grime artists including JME and Lowkey,

lol dying.

Yeah, there's a reason i don't normally post independent articles ?

Guest MattP
50 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Crazy that you're now swimming against the tide on this.  

Before the election was called Corbyn and Labour were finished.

Absolutely bizarre.

Well I'm assumed he was. 

How was I supposed to know the Tories were going to call an election and then decide to tell everyone they wanted to rip animals apart again, drive a dagger through their own voting base by stealing their homes?

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

lol dying.

Absolutely amazing.

We are just missing Barry Chuckle, Clarke Carlisle and "Dr" Eoin Clarke.

Guest MattP

Rufus Hound Twitter feed is worth a look, he's in big trouble. 

He's effectively accused the government of the attack and called Amber Rudd a NazI. 

Now pleading he was joking when he clearly wasn't. 

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

He's effectively accused the government of the attack and called Amber Rudd a NazI. 

Now pleading he was joking when he clearly wasn't. 

It's extremely unfunny, so it could be part of his act.

2 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I didn't  give an opinion of her.

34 minutes ago, Strokes said:

lol dying.

20 minutes ago, MattP said:

Absolutely amazing.

We are just missing Barry Chuckle, Clarke Carlisle and "Dr" Eoin Clarke.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Who are all these big-name superstars? I've never heard of any of them, apart from De Vito and Clarke Carlisle.

I've turned into an old man, haven't I?

Who the hell is Rufus Hound? Huckleberry's brother?

I remember the good old days when you got proper superstars involved in elections: Paul Weller, Steve "Interesting" Davies, Billy Bragg's Red Wedge, Kenny "Let's bomb Russia" Everett...

Among James Bond actors, there's been a big swing from the Tories to the SNP lately, what with Roger Moore expiring and Sean Connery surviving.

Are there any Labour voting Bonds? Daniel Craig, possibly? Timothy Dalton and David Niven would have been Tories, surely? Pierce Brosnan a Lib Dem or Green?

Guest MattP

I still can't get over the fact you can buy a Jeremy Corbyn backpack.

Not funding him now but if he stands for leader again after I might get one.

I knew the writer of Chuckle Vision when I lived in Sofia (how the guy ended up in Bulgaria is a story in itself) and apparently Barry Chuckle was an absolute animal, we're talking multiple girls a night sent to his trailer.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I still can't get over the fact you can buy a Jeremy Corbyn backpack.

Not funding him now but if he stands for leader again after I might get one.

lol

That's one way of destroying your credibility and his in one fell swoop...

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, bovril said:

I knew the writer of Chuckle Vision when I lived in Sofia (how the guy ended up in Bulgaria is a story in itself) and apparently Barry Chuckle was an absolute animal, we're talking multiple girls a night sent to his trailer.

1. That's a story that needs to be told.

2. You know the World is gone when Barry Chuckle has had more action than 99% of us.

I'm just reading their Wikipedia page and came across this absolute beauty.

In April 2007, while on holiday on the Greek island of Cephalonia, Paul broke his nose and suffered cuts and bruises when he lost control of his motorcycle after suddenly braking to avoid a goatherd and flock. Instead of helping him, tourists who stopped at the accident shouted the Chuckle Brothers' catchphrase, "To me, to you." lol

Archived