Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Fair enough, I take it the SNP wouldn't back Labour up if it ended up as a hung parliament?

Would be a massive failure for May if her majority did get eaten into.

He would snap their hand off, to be honest I'd rather see the coalition of the left for a few months than watch the Tories squeeze out a pointless majority of 5 or something. 

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

He's going to blame the Manchester attacks on May by the sounds of it, high risk strategy to say the least.

My God, this could actually happen, Diane Abbott could be in charge of the nation's security in a month.

I guess there is a bit of sh*t or bust about it, but there's a lot of anger out there at the moment and rightfully so.

The second part itself is terrifying, maybe she'll step aside if there's the possibility of a more competent/popular person capable of doing the job (I suggest with great naivity).

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I guess there is a bit of sh*t or bust about it, but there's a lot of anger out there at the moment and rightfully so.

The second part itself is terrifying, maybe she'll step aside if there's the possibility of a more competent/popular person capable of doing the job (I suggest with great naivity).

Of course she won't step aside, she would see this as an incredible opportunity to enforce her ideology onto her department. 

First question Corbyn needs asking tomorrow is if he will cease strikes on IS if he becomes Prime Minister. At least let us know where he stands on it.

I'm sorry the one thing people are not talking about,  watching question time, and that bold bloke who presents dragons den  also mentioned......why are people not talking about Islam, that is the root.

I remember 1980's and Sikh terrorism, and the greatest difference is that the terrorist were people directly effected by the attacks of India, there was no propagation of terrorism by faith.

Here we have e a faith group, representative of a religion, using the same books and same prophets that interpreted to kill.   Is this something g that we should not discuss???

I know this post will be deleted

I hate apologists, next thing the Christians will be saying paedo priests are not Christian.  Or the crusades were not Christians.

The guy (suicide bomber) was a muslim, he prayed with Muslims, associated with musks, unfortunately he was a bad muslim.

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Good to see on question time the point about wahabism i.n the UK.  Of course the apologist will be saying they are not Muslim.either

Was delighted to hear it, even more so coming from a Muslim, something I've been saying for a while.

I'd have that woman in the headscarf on the watch list straight away, three times confronted with hard evidence of that local mosque preaching hate and just refused to even contemplate it was true, even with the leaflet being read from. Bizarre.

Just now, MattP said:

Was delighted to hear it, even more so coming from a Muslim, something I've been saying for a while.

I'd have that woman in the headscarf on the watch list straight away, three times confronted with hard evidence of that local mosque preaching hate and just refused to even contemplate it was true, even with the leaflet being read from. Bizarre.

Same bud, I hate apologists and pros who sweep shit under the carpet.

I remember in QT, the fact that alot of Muslim youth were born well after Iraq and Iran and see ISIS land as disneyland.  I remember in my youth before 9/11 the radicals etc preaching, preached anti democracy agendA, and what they said was the ultimate aim.of Islam.........the world being islam

Guest MattP

The way we often try and make an excuse for these events is quite absurd, this explains better than I can....

IMG_20170525_224438.jpg

Guest MattP

People also forget now how pathetically inadequate the Clinton response was to those embassy bombings, it certainly showed sitting back and doing nothing is also no way to think you can tackle these problems. 

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I don't know what your talking about Matt, there not Muslim

We must all come together. Hope, not hate. Nothing to do with Islam. Nothing to do with Muslims. Just a rogue individual, possibly in the employ of some mysterious foreign agency. Just terrorism, bad people. Unaligned wickedness. Nothing to do with religion. We must all come together. And show love. And solidarity. Hope not hate.

Je Suis Ariana Grande. Already viciousness is being expressed on social media sites. People jumping to all sorts of conclusions. Horrible, horrible, people – no better than the murderer. Who might just as easily have been a Methodist. Remember Jo Cox? That wasn’t them, was it? There, you see.

So we should come together. Hope not hate. Nothing to do with Islam. Nothing to do with Muslims. Just horridness of no discernible provenance. Hope not hate.

(Lifted from the great Rod L)

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

The way we often try and make an excuse for these events is quite absurd, this explains better than I can....

IMG_20170525_224438.jpg

Going back a little further, the US at least gave al-Qaeda a little push to get it going so the Russians would have a difficult partisan opponent in Afghanistan.

Case of Gone Horribly Right?

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Going back a little further, the US at least gave al-Qaeda a little push to get it going so the Russians would have a difficult partisan opponent in Afghanistan.

Case of Gone Horribly Right?

A case of total insanity really, although it's all easy in hindsight I suppose. 

Guest MattP

Alan Johnson really is great, my favourite Labour MP ever. Hope he becomes a permanent fixture on TW.

AN: "Jeremy Corbyn says he's supported the peace process not the the IRA"

AJ: "Yeah, he says that a lot"

lol

The bookies still have Corbyn at 8/1 to be PM, that's worth a few quid for any Tories to drown sorrows if the worst has.

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

A case of total insanity really, although it's all easy in hindsight I suppose. 

True. Guess there wasn't anyone who thought that would come back to bite them in the way that it did (or if there was they were not listened to), but it is easy to say with hindsight what a stupid short-sighted thing it was.

17 minutes ago, MattP said:

Alan Johnson really is great, my favourite Labour MP ever. Hope he becomes a permanent fixture on TW.

AN: "Jeremy Corbyn says he's supported the peace process not the the IRA"

AJ: "Yeah, he says that a lot"

lol

The bookies still have Corbyn at 8/1 to be PM, that's worth a few quid for any Tories to drown sorrows if the worst has.

I'm not sure 80 quid will make up for the complete shambles that will ensue

2 hours ago, toddybad said:

Schools face years of funding cuts if Tories win election, say reports

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/may/26/england-schools-face-years-funding-cuts-tories-win-election-ifs

Still an absolute lack of anything positive about the tories records or plans within the media (yes, i realise this is the Guardian)

It's the IFS, who are independent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40051476

34 minutes ago, Buce said:

It's the IFS, who are independent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40051476

Yeah, I realise that. I was just waiting for somebody to say that there was positive news about the Tories in other papers.

I'm actually starting to think that Miliband could have romped home this time around with the government seemingly all at sea.

Guest MattP
6 hours ago, KingGTF said:

I'm not sure 80 quid will make up for the complete shambles that will ensue

Fair point.

Archived