Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Well I'm assumed he was. 

How was I supposed to know the Tories were going to call an election and then decide to tell everyone they wanted to rip animals apart again, drive a dagger through their own voting base by stealing their homes?

Absolutely amazing.

We are just missing Barry Chuckle, Clarke Carlisle and "Dr" Eoin Clarke.

Get Barry Chuckle, get Jay-Z.

Corbyn's ahead of the curve on political merchandising with his branded backpack. The other leaders have some catching up to do.

Just imagine....

- Theresa May Inflatable Homes, guaranteed to be strong and stable if you have to sell your bricks and mortar in old age (U-shaped corridors extra; may fall in real value)

- Tim Farron's hearty bars of Kendal Mint Cake, as chunky and wholesome as a scoutmaster's Arran sweater as he sneaks into your big tent late at night

- Paul Nuttall's "Fantasy Island" fragrance: just one squirt and you'll imagine you're living a fantasy life as a top footballer for Tranmere Rovers, a leading academic, having adventures on the terraces, living in Stoke on Trent...

- The Caroline Lucas environmentally-friendy, recyclable plus-four cycling slacks, available in 7 shades of green & tailored to suit your chic French hairdo - so stylish, you'll believe there's a second recognisable member of your party

- Boris' hilarious Mugwump toy: hang it from your rear-view mirror, like a mayor caught on a zip-wire. Your kids will love its mop of peroxide hair as it sways from left to right at random, emitting odd phrases (not available in the EU)

- The novelty John McDonnell mask: Scare your mates senseless on election day! They won't have seen anything as sinister and menacing since the Shadow Chancellor was last on the News!

Would assume this attack plays into Theresa May's hands.

-Stops the momentum building against her on social care, also gives her team time to plan how to answer questions on it if we ever get back to that topic.

-The pre-prepared police/armed forces operation would presumably be something she worked on as Home Secretary so it's her area of expertise.

-People always lurch to the authoritarian right after these events and I'm not sure sense will have been restored by the time of the election.

-Gives the PM the opportunity to appear states-person like.

-Snuffs out any mood of hope that tends to favour the left.

Can't see people wanting to vote for the man who wouldn't let police shoot terrorists in the head, wouldn't kill the leader of ISIS and wants to put Dianne Abbot in charge of domestic security.

Tim Farron's pledge to let in 50,000 Syrian refugees probably won't go down great either. 

UKIP will probably act as a useful political outrider again too.

8 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I meant 'your' as in a collective not you in particular.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ok, I can see that.now.

11 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Would assume this attack plays into Theresa May's hands.

-Stops the momentum building against her on social care, also gives her team time to plan how to answer questions on it if we ever get back to that topic.

-The pre-prepared police/armed forces operation would presumably be something she worked on as Home Secretary so it's her area of expertise.

-People always lurch to the authoritarian right after these events and I'm not sure sense will have been restored by the time of the election.

-Gives the PM the opportunity to appear states-person like.

-Snuffs out any mood of hope that tends to favour the left.

Can't see people wanting to vote for the man who wouldn't let police shoot terrorists in the head, wouldn't kill the leader of ISIS and wants to put Dianne Abbot in charge of domestic security.

Tim Farron's pledge to let in 50,000 Syrian refugees probably won't go down great either. 

UKIP will probably act as a useful political outrider again too.

Unfortunately for May she cut 20,000 cops and there's a video of her saying its no problem.

It'll be really difficult to circumnavigate that without looking completely opportunistic.

The best thing she can do is make it clear that the campaigns shouldn't try and make political points out of the situation and hope that everyone else does.  Taking the moral high ground would be the best option.  

6 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Unfortunately for May she cut 20,000 cops and there's a video of her saying its no problem.

It'll be really difficult to circumnavigate that without looking completely opportunistic.

The best thing she can do is make it clear that the campaigns shouldn't try and make political points out of the situation and hope that everyone else does.  Taking the moral high ground would be the best option.  

The tories have also cut 20,000 from the army so labour should be able to find ways of taking the argument to the government if they decide to switch to security.

I tell you whats missing from this election.... integrity.

Party candidates just slagging each other off - modern politics is just a news war of mud-slinging and I'm bored of it.

I'd question the competence of every candidate to lead after viewing the exchanges of the last two weeks.

I tell you what would win this election as well... a candidate that was convincing - somebody who you just could put some trust or faith in irrespective almost of party allegiance. 

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

is ability to attract the support of key influencers such as actor Danny DeVito, Geordie Shore’s Scotty T and grime artists including JME and Lowkey,

lol dying.

9 hours ago, MattP said:

We are just missing Barry Chuckle, Clarke Carlisle and "Dr" Eoin Clarke.

9 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Who are all these big-name superstars? I've never heard of any of them, apart from De Vito and Clarke Carlisle.

I've turned into an old man, haven't I?

Who the hell is Rufus Hound? Huckleberry's brother?

I remember the good old days when you got proper superstars involved in elections: Paul Weller, Steve "Interesting" Davies, Billy Bragg's Red Wedge, Kenny "Let's bomb Russia" Everett...

Among James Bond actors, there's been a big swing from the Tories to the SNP lately, what with Roger Moore expiring and Sean Connery surviving.

Are there any Labour voting Bonds? Daniel Craig, possibly? Timothy Dalton and David Niven would have been Tories, surely? Pierce Brosnan a Lib Dem or Green?

I'm kind of assuming that that was the point being made, Alf.

Either that or I've turned into an old man too.. :(

26 minutes ago, Buce said:

Pretty much, I guess it shows where his target audience is.

34 minutes ago, Buce said:

I know, Buce. I was trying to be a bit funny - and obviously failing.

I find the whole celebrity endorsements thing a bit ridiculous - even when the "celebrities" are genuine celebrities.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I tell you whats missing from this election.... integrity.

Party candidates just slagging each other off - modern politics is just a news war of mud-slinging and I'm bored of it.

I'd question the competence of every candidate to lead after viewing the exchanges of the last two weeks.

I tell you what would win this election as well... a candidate that was convincing - somebody who you just could put some trust or faith in irrespective almost of party allegiance. 

Jezza don't do personal, mate.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I find the whole celebrity endorsements thing a bit ridiculous - even when the "celebrities" are genuine celebrities.

:doh:

I really must stop posting before I'm sufficiently awash with caffeine.

Guest MattP
3 hours ago, toddybad said:

The tories have also cut 20,000 from the army so labour should be able to find ways of taking the argument to the government if they decide to switch to security.

If the argument switches to security you simply can't win. Whether you like it or not you have a leader and chancellor seen as IRA sympathisers who have referred to groups like Hamas and Hizbollah as friends.

Not to mention you are putting forward Diane Abbott as the potential Home Secretary - a woman on record saying the British state being defeated is a victory for her, that's what you are putting forward as the person in charge of keeping us safe.

The Tories could threaten to shut down the police force and still be viewed as more competent than a Corbyn led government on this.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Given the lack of them in this election it's almost like they have realised no one actually gives a shit what they think.

Long overdue but I'd still prefer to see Russell Brand back out campaigning lol

47 minutes ago, MattP said:

If the argument switches to security you simply can't win. Whether you like it or not you have a leader and chancellor seen as IRA sympathisers who have referred to groups like Hamas and Hizbollah as friends.

Not to mention you are putting forward Diane Abbott as the potential Home Secretary - a woman on record saying the British state being defeated is a victory for her, that's what you are putting forward as the person in charge of keeping us safe.

The Tories could threaten to shut down the police force and still be viewed as more competent than a Corbyn led government on this.

Given the lack of them in this election it's almost like they have realised no one actually gives a shit what they think.

Long overdue but I'd still prefer to see Russell Brand back out campaigning lol

Whenever Diane Abbott goes to talk, its as if she's forgotten how to speak.

Putting aside the content, its really uncomfortable just listening to her.

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Whenever Diane Abbott goes to talk, its as if she's forgotten how to speak.

Putting aside the content, its really uncomfortable just listening to her.

When she talks it reminds me of someone who is drunk outside a nightclub trying to convince the bouncer they are sober so they will be let in.

5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:
UKIP wants to ban the burka to enable Muslim ladies to get their vitamin D

They're not going far enough, in my opinion.

The next UKIP government should legislate for compulsory nudism for all - men, women, Muslims, Christians & Satanists.

With all that extra Vitamin D, it could save the NHS billions.

Guest MattP

UKIP manifesto launch was almost as bad as the Labour one for heckling the BBC and Laura Kuenssberg.

In fairness to them when you are getting it in the neck from the hard left and the hard right you might be doing a good job.

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, bovril said:

I can't stand UKIP but the full veil is prohibited in certain situations in many European countries, I don't think it's quite the extreme policy people are making it out to be. 

It would be a hugely popular policy with the public but it's not going to happen, our government is terrified of any policy that could be seen to attacking the Islamic community, absolutely terrified of the potential backlash from it in many ways.

I've just watched the UKIP launch and Suzanne Evans actually said "Theresa May must bare some responsibility for this attack" - I'd be apologising very, very quickly if I was her.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

It would be a hugely popular policy with the public but it's not going to happen, our government is terrified of any policy that could be seen to attacking the Islamic community, absolutely terrified of the potential backlash from it in many ways.

I've just watched the UKIP launch and Suzanne Evans actually said "Theresa May must bare some responsibility for this attack" - I'd be apologising very, very quickly if I was her.

I think she went on to claim that the responsibility is in relation to cutting police numbers and anti-terror resources - not sure how justifiable that line of attack is, but perhaps not as outrageous as it first sounded. 

Is that for real? Good job sensible people don't vote UKIP.

Posted my ballot paper off. I think the other candidates have accepted defeat against Jon Ashworth. I have had nothing through the door.

The Lib Dem lives in Stamford

The Tory lives in Charnwood

The only ones that live in the Leicester South area is the Green Party candidate ( LE2)

and Jon Jon Ashworth Stoneygate.

It may not seem important to some but I do not see how somebody living in Stamford or Charnwood can have a realistic connection and help those in Leicester South  that seek advice from them.

It seems they were bottom drawer candidates and selected to stand to make numbers up. Someone said to me TBH if a monkey with a red rosette stood he'd win.

Guest MattP
8 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Is that for real? Good job sensible people don't vote UKIP.

Posted my ballot paper off. I think the other candidates have accepted defeat against Jon Ashworth. I have had nothing through the door.

The Lib Dem lives in Stamford

The Tory lives in Charnwood

The only ones that live in the Leicester South area is the Green Party candidate ( LE2)

and Jon Jon Ashworth Stoneygate.

It may not seem important to some but I do not see how somebody living in Stamford or Charnwood can have a realistic connection and help those in Leicester South  that seek advice from them.

It seems they were bottom drawer candidates and selected to stand to make numbers up. Someone said to me TBH if a monkey with a red rosette stood he'd win.

You are voting for Jon Ashworth who was born in the North and lives in London, Stoneygate is just his second home constituency MP's have to have.

Archived