Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

I'm not suggesting that the above is legit (i have no idea), just that it's a pretty effective line to put the tories on the back foot

35 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Unless there's a direct link between cuts and the event itself then it's not really damning, I don't think we'll know the details until after the election and besides, does anyone think Dianne Abbot would sort it out?

Its a tricky one.  The people actually doing the job told her this was a possibility and whilst you'll never be able to link it directly, she was told, she ignored it, attacks have happened.

Abbot might just be rubbish at speaking and communicating but decent at all other facets of the job.

So do we go with the former or the latter?

Its no wonder the polls are getting closer.  People just arent sure now they have an actual clear political choice.

Parts of her speech calling the police reactionary and the police response to her risking safety are in the follow ups. TM took huge risks with policing and security in order to comply with the Tory austerity measures. She played the politician by defending the cuts and calling the police reactionary when they highlighted concerns. She should reap what she has sown. 

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, toddybad said:

I'm not suggesting that the above is legit (i have no idea), just that it's a pretty effective line to put the tories on the back foot

Even if it was true, what good is an explosive sniffer dog for a suicide bomb attack?

59 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Its a tricky one.  The people actually doing the job told her this was a possibility and whilst you'll never be able to link it directly, she was told, she ignored it, attacks have happened.

Abbot might just be rubbish at speaking and communicating but decent at all other facets of the job.

So do we go with the former or the latter?

Its no wonder the polls are getting closer.  People just arent sure now they have an actual clear political choice.

lol

I'm actually struggling to think of much of her job that doesn't involve that, and she doesn't come across as particularly intelligent either. 

Firstly, some qualifiers: it's the Indy so YMMV and also we have no idea if the nonrenewable energy companies are slipping the other parties cash too and getting support for oil and gas in return. But all the same...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/conservatives-oil-bosses-party-donations-fossil-fuels-climate-change-ayman-asfari-petrofac-serious-a7751521.html

Not the best policy for the future.

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Even if it was true, what good is an explosive sniffer dog for a suicide bomb attack?

That isn't the point  -the point is that May is susceptible to attack on this issue.

Better to look at the video and the two videos put up by the same poster straight afterwards. 

This isn't the same as me saying that May will lose a battle over security in the eyes of the electorate btw

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

For identifying minute traces of explosives left in the bomb factory where it was made? Or traces left on a suspect's clothing? Or traces left in a vehicle that transported explosives? Etc.

30 minutes ago, MattP said:

Probably quite useful. 

I assumed it was implied the dog might have been useful to prevent the attack/future attacks. 

Guest MattP
14 minutes ago, Buce said:

For identifying minute traces of explosives left in the bomb factory where it was made? Or traces left on a suspect's clothing? Or traces left in a vehicle that transported explosives? Etc.

Pretty sure that will still happen, I'm sure they weren't the only six sniffer dogs in the country.

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

jeremy_corbyn_dancing_at_sunderland_rall

Anymore of this and I'll run out of Jezza gifs

Wow! I'm not getting excited as he's still a long way behind but he's due to make a speech tomorrow, which if he gets right, could really convince a few others that a change of direction is needed in this country.

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Wow! I'm not getting excited as he's still a long way behind but he's due to make a speech tomorrow, which if he gets right, could really convince a few others that a change of direction is needed in this country.

Spot on mate. Opposition to Libya, opposition to Iraq. Basically music to the ears of the electorate. Added to this that any "terrorist sympathiser" talk by the Tories will look like using a massacre for their own ends. Everything's coming up Corbyn.

7 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If he makes that speech, I think it'll bury him.

People have been digging graves for Corbyn for two years. Literally everything he does defies logic. Politics is just great banter right now, it really is.

16 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Spot on mate. Opposition to Libya, opposition to Iraq. Basically music to the ears of the electorate. Added to this that any "terrorist sympathiser" talk by the Tories will look like using a massacre for their own ends. Everything's coming up Corbyn.

If those polls are accurate then the Conservative's would have a majority of 18. Is there time to take another 18 seats to prevent that majority, who knows?

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If those polls are accurate then the Conservative's would have a majority of 18. Is there time to take another 18 seats to prevent that majority, who knows?

Corbyn can't win. It's an electoral impossibility. 18 seat majority is still a "loss" for The Theresa May Party of Theresa May ft. Theresa May's Team

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

Corbyn can't win. It's an electoral impossibility. 18 seat majority is still a "loss" for The Theresa May Party of Theresa May ft. Theresa May's Team

Those polls were an impossibility only a month ago.

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Labour need a projected 49% of the vote in England to win a majority since Scottish politics went mental. That isn't possible.

Fair enough, I take it the SNP wouldn't back Labour up if it ended up as a hung parliament?

Would be a massive failure for May if her majority did get eaten into.

Guest MattP
32 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He's going to blame the Manchester attacks on May by the sounds of it, high risk strategy to say the least.

My God, this could actually happen, Diane Abbott could be in charge of the nation's security in a month.

Archived