Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grantham Fox

European Football 17/18

53 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wtf are they playing at. Hire a proper manager for chrissakes. 

Ancelotti still out of work? 

his passion and love for the club will set him in good stead for players and fans alike. It's a wise move by the new owners to replace someone who was quite underwhelming with a fans favourite and club icon.

However, only time will tell how well he can do. I loved watching him play and I hope he'll do brilliantly at Milan. I just hope it doesn't turn out like Unsworth at Everton (I realise that's on a smaller scale but the analogy/principle applies). 

I hope it doesn't end sourly for Gattuso whenever that is because when you've given so much heart and passion to and for a club, you don't want all that to be wasted when you step in to management. Fans are fickle; Gattuso has to pretty much succeed immediately or within a very short timeframe to satisfy these fans - there's a lot of pressure on him right now. 

It's not a clever move, hiring a high profile manager with some talent would be a clever move. Milan fans aren't stupid, they don't want to be fobbed off with a fan favourite they want a manager who can actually make them title contenders. 

Gattuso is woeful. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Benevento have now lost 14 out of 14 in Serie 'A'..

Is this a record for any professional football side?

I doubt it, that utterly shite Derby team can’t have been far off.

Just to clarify as I know every Derby team ever has been utterly shite, I mean the worst ever Premier League team.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's not a clever move, hiring a high profile manager with some talent would be a clever move. Milan fans aren't stupid, they don't want to be fobbed off with a fan favourite they want a manager who can actually make them title contenders. 

Gattuso is woeful. 

Well they weren’t by Inzaghi. Couldn’t believe they have appointed Gattuso, I know they have **** all money but that’s bad.

Another Cristante goal for Atalanta tonight, I know he would end up somewhere better than us but he’s a terrific player who could do a job in England.

On 11/27/2017 at 23:21, Costock_Fox said:

Well they weren’t by Inzaghi. Couldn’t believe they have appointed Gattuso, I know they have **** all money but that’s bad.

Another Cristante goal for Atalanta tonight, I know he would end up somewhere better than us but he’s a terrific player who could do a job in England.

They spent £175m in the summer, there's cash there now.

On 30/11/2017 at 10:45, Lovejoy said:

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Were they taken over?

Taken over by in effect loan sharks. They need to find an investor willing to take on the same loan at a more favourable interest rate. The New York Times did an investigation into the investors companies to find addresses leading to empty buildings.