Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grantham Fox

European Football 17/18

Just watched a bit of the Barcelona game, spooky, it's like the Emirates, all you can hear is the players and coaches contesting anything that involves physical contact, I wish they'd  broaden their vocabulary from just "Heyyyy" it sounds like a Fonzie convention. It'll be interesting to see if Barca get their usual 98% of decisions in their favour without the influence of crowd noise.

Fair play to Serie A. A few years ago I had it down as a tinpot league full of comedy outfits and Tony Pulises.

But it's exciting these days, quite a bit of quality and goals galore. The Serie A games I have watched this season have been more entertaining than the PL games I've watched.

21 hours ago, Worthington said:

Sad news from Amiens...barrier collapse, fans injured, game abandoned....Really shouldn't be happening in the 21st century !

Sadly, it did. Luckily, no one was severely injured out of the 29 affected.

Still looks kind of scary. Blame Amiens for putting up such a weak fence.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante a £90million target for big-spending Paris Saint-Germain

French giants ready to splurge again to bring the midfielder back to his hometown — three years after he cost just £5.6m

Paris Saint-Germain have targeted a £90million move for Chelsea star N’Golo Kante. Qatari-owned French giants PSG want to make the midfielder their latest Gaulactico at the end of the season — 12 months after bringing in attacking duo Neymar and Kylian Mbappe for a total outlay of more than £300m.

And a deal of that size would make France international Kante the most expensive Premier League export of all time, topping the £86m Real Madrid paid Tottenham for Gareth Bale in 2013.

The 26-year-old, who is from Paris, was nominated for the prestigious Ballon d’Or award this week, after helping Chelsea to clinch their second title in three seasons.

Widely-admired Kante joined a select band of players to win the Premier League in successive seasons after his success last year with Leicester.

Kante is currently injured, after limping out of France’s World Cup qualifier against Bulgaria last weekend with a hamstring problem.

It is understood the issue will keep him out for three weeks, meaning he has a slim chance of making the Blues' Champions League trip to Italians Roma on October 31.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-midfielder-ngolo-kante-90million-11321201

Edited by KingsX

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

How much of a sell on did we negotiate? ?

*We probably have to pay Chelsea part of the fee back knowing Rudkin.

*I don't actually hate Rudkin, but cracking jokes at his expense seems the done thing.

34 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What's the opinions on this 'Nations League' proposal?..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41580638

Sounds confusing after a few glances.

It's not a proposal. It's happening. Brings a level of competitiveness to friendlies. The only worry is that there is no benefit to teams from the '2nd Division' getting promoted. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's not a proposal. It's happening. Brings a level of competitiveness to friendlies. The only worry is that there is no benefit to teams from the '2nd Division' getting promoted. 

they're not even friendlies. they'll count more towards rankings etc than friendlies do as it's official competition. From a marketing point of view it'll bring in more fans for the bigger nations (more games involving them facing each other) and prevent the tiny nations getting anally raped as regularly as they do. 

Just now, StanSP said:

they're not even friendlies. they'll count more towards rankings etc than friendlies do as it's official competition. From a marketing point of view it'll bring in more fans for the bigger nations (more games involving them facing each other) and prevent the tiny nations getting anally raped as regularly as they do. 

It's far better. The worry is that teams will abuse the competition in order to find an easy path for qualification at the Euro's. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Icardi is a brilliant striker. 

My man crush at the moment. Absolutely love him. 

I adore strikers that are successful because of their brain. Inzaghi was my hero growing up, love Thomas Muller, love Falcao, love Icardi. 

Always in the right place and absolutely lethal when he gets there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My man crush at the moment. Absolutely love him. 

I adore strikers that are successful because of their brain. Inzaghi was my hero growing up, love Thomas Muller, love Falcao, love Icardi. 

Always in the right place and absolutely lethal when he gets there. 

yep, they have that instinctive quality about them. That goal today just emphasises this. Lots of strikers either wouldn't have followed the ball to get anything on it, or just been in the wrong position and not anticipate the kind of cross coming in. 

And then there's just the finish itself anyway. Prolific. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

yep, they have that instinctive quality about them. That goal today just emphasises this. Lots of strikers either wouldn't have followed the ball to get anything on it, or just been in the wrong position and not anticipate the kind of cross coming in. 

And then there's just the finish itself anyway. Prolific. 

The stats they gave earlier, something like over eighty percent shots on target and 38% shot conversion rate. 

Ridiculous. 

Little bit surprised he's still there this year, all the drama he had last year combined with all the goals he scored. I thought they'd have wanted rid and thought they'd have buyers lining up. 

Can see him and Dybala both leaving Serie A next year.