Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

A New Political Movement or Uprising?

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

I mean yeah, put me in the middle of that much rum and I'm bound to do something stupid in the first couple of weeks, but I don't think I could ever get shitfaced enough to want to steal a person's house to pay for their dementia care.

You wouldn't be able to afford rum.

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

Castro gave Cuba world class edication and health care, all free. 

He's not the Messiah. 

He's a very naughty boy. 

Castro also lived the life of a king he had his own hunting island, I've been there, whilst everyone else lived/lives like peasants. The kids, even now don't even get sweets or crayons in the villages. A status symbol is the size of your pig, but on the bright side free booze on Sundays is not a bad idea

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

Do you miss the point on purpose?

I've lost count how many times that's been posted in response to Webbo tbh. Not having a go at him, it's just becoming a recurring theme.

Just now, Webbo said:

You wouldn't be able to afford rum.

I reckon my skillset would serve me well over there tbh.  We should move over together, I've seen how run down some of their buildings are I bet a good decorator could make a killing over there right now.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've lost count how many times that's been posted in response to Webbo tbh. Not having a go at him, it's just becoming a recurring theme.

Explain to me what the point was? If Buce was only joking then I apologise

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Fake outrage.

People who don't know what they are on about but feel they need to have view, I'm all for it if they research, but generally it really is simply people arguing to feel important or valued, social media has gave them a voice and they need to use it, whether they're a sheep or not.

It's boring to be quite honest because nothing will change, they will just be outraged for the sake of being outraged.

I'm all for change but nothing will change.

Actions speak louder than words.

100% this.

In my mind, this need to feel included in grief or outrage (in large, unaffected numbers of people) began with the death of Diana.

It now includes any disaster or anyone famous expiring. The modern day urge to unite in grief, despair, disgust, whatever seems unstoppable.

Maybe it's better than the stiff upper lip and repressed rage Britains of a certain age will recognise, I'm not sure but it sure is uglier.

Just now, Webbo said:

I can remember 2, not loads but not uncommon.

When I say loads, I mean about 4 in my year but that's more than there were Harry's for example, which to me is a posh name but everyone's naming their kids harry nowadays

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

There were loads of jezzes at school

None at my school. Anyway, it was just a light hearted observation about a name - that's all. Dozens of pissed up working class, labour supporting scousers on that video singing about their hero 'Jeremy' just made me smile...

Makes me laugh that May has been called a Bitch, Cow, Ice Queen, Cruela DeVille and worse on this forum, yet one mention that Jeremy Corbyn has a public schoolboy sounding name and that's just not on!

Just goes to show the massive left wing bias on here I guess... 

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

None at my school. Anyway, it was just a light hearted observation about a name - that's all. Dozens of pissed up working class, labour supporting scousers on that video singing about their hero 'Jeremy' just made me smile...

Makes me laugh that May has been called a Bitch, Cow, Ice Queen, Cruela DeVille and worse on this forum, yet one mention that Jeremy Corbyn has a public schoolboy sounding name and that's just not on!

Yeah, but if you went to a mixed school like the rest of us, you'd have bumped into a few lads named jez 

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Yeah, but if you went to a mixed school like the rest of us, you'd have bumped into a lads named jez 

lol Yeah, I guess being the only boy at an all girls school I didn't meet many Jezza's. But it was a fvckin awesome education :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol Yeah, I guess being the only boy at an all girls school I didn't meet many Jezza's. But it was a fvckin awesome education :thumbup:

Apart from if you were a jez of course. Can't remember where that joke came from. Gay mp that got caught with his trousers down maybe?

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You say that, but it's not the same in other big European countries. German, Italy, France, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, even Greece to some extent have sold their sole.

And look at how the Greeks live, big fat pension at 50 and drink raki and eat tomatoes all day long. Not so bad is it, think I'd sell my soul to the devil for a bit of that instead of having to work till I'm 80 to pay for the fvckin students to protest about having to work for a living

18 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

not sure her name has got much to do with it. she could be called candy may and she'd still be called a bitch, cow, cruela Seville and worse because that's what she is

2 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

It's weird how people are openly saying they would prefer to live in Cuba or Greece. 

People actually want to vote for poverty?

lol Read the last couple of pages back again, you've had a mare there.

Back to the initial topic... based on pictures I'm seeing now, something is growing here, something bigger is developing.

Some people have suggested faux outrage, yet I can feel the very real anger and frustration growing in myself (might have noticed in my posts).

A big part of this is because I can relate to ending up in a position of being completely helpless and dependent on the state and being confronted with incompetence, inaction and people who can only respond by following protocol regardless of how unhelpful that might be to a personal situation.

Yet I also can't even begin to crompehend how much worse these people's situations are given the circumstances and yet despite the obvious need for urgent practical action, you have people in senior positions just sticking their heads in the sand, looking the other way - which only heightens the feeling of divisions between classes of our society.

Its just horrible. It's inhuman. 

Just now, LiberalFox said:

If it was just some sort of sarcasm then fair enough. ;)

Seeing how it was just me and Scouse saying we'd live in Cuba (no mention of Greece you fake newser) I can attest that at least 50% of it was in jest.  Too dry for you perhaps? ;)

And @ScouseFox is a notorious idiot child so it doesn't really matter if he means it or not.

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Back to the initial topic... based on pictures I'm seeing now, something is growing here, something bigger is developing.

Some people have suggested faux outrage, yet I can feel the very real anger and frustration growing in myself (might have noticed in my posts).

A big part of this is because I can relate to ending up in a position of being completely helpless and dependent on the state and being confronted with incompetence, inaction and people who can only respond by following protocol regardless of how unhelpful that might be to a personal situation.

Yet I also can't even begin to crompehend how much worse these people's situations are given the circumstances and yet despite the obvious need for urgent practical action, you have people in senior positions just sticking their heads in the sand, looking the other way - which only heightens the feeling of divisions between classes of our society.

Its just horrible. It's inhuman. 

This has been getting worse since the coalition government. Really wish there was a more human yet moderate alternative to the Tories.

15 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

It's weird how people are openly saying they would prefer to live in Cuba or Greece. 

People actually want to vote for poverty?

there's already so many people in poverty in this country and a genuine guy like corbyn seems to be the only one offering (perhaps a fantasy) route out of it. that's the whole point of the thread. 

Archived