Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

15 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

You’re still upset because I had a go at you for putting chilli in your bolognese, aren’t you?

That was you?  You said a couple of things about the impact on flavour that weren't true, I corrected your misconceptions and moved on with my life...  Why would I get upset over someone else not being able to taste flavours?  Indeed I'd completely forgotten about it until you brought it up just now, clearly you like to hold a grudge, I'm sorry if I upset you. 

No, the only thing 'bothering' me here is exactly what I said at the top of the page.  That said I'd love to know your opinion on the demographics of those who repped that MattP comment now that the list is a bit larger than just "self confessed gay-hater Wymeswold" (of course I missed the conversation where he admitted to hating all the gays but I'm sure it must have happened and it's not that you're almost wilfully failing to appreciate the nuance of what he really said).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

That was you?  You said a couple of things about the impact on flavour that weren't true, I corrected your misconceptions and moved on with my life...  Why would I get upset over someone else not being able to taste flavours?  Indeed I'd completely forgotten about it until you brought it up just now, clearly you like to hold a grudge, I'm sorry if I upset you. 

No, the only thing 'bothering' me here is exactly what I said at the top of the page.  That said I'd love to know your opinion on the demographics of those who repped that MattP comment now that the list is a bit larger than just "self confessed gay-hater Wymeswold" (of course I missed the conversation where he admitted to hating all the gays but I'm sure it must have happened and it's not that you're almost wilfully failing to appreciate the nuance of what he really said).

Now who needs to calm down.

I was joking mate, don't sweat it.

11 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Digging up 16-year-old articles about Serbia is a bit desperate though, isn't it? 

Probably, but after the trial yesterday it was worth mentioning.

Fact remains that there are people in the highest counsels of today's Labour Party who denied the Bosnian genocide for years afterwards, purely because of the hatred they have for the West and NATO - https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/corbyns-woeful-record-on-defence

I don't expect it to make a blind bit of difference, but it does needs saying, if we don't say it we can't say we didn't warn you afterwards if similar happens again.

43 minutes ago, MattP said:

For anyone who wants to read the EDM.

http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2004-05/392

?

That this House welcomes John Pilger's column for the New Statesman issue of 13th December, reminding readers of the devastating human cost of the so-termed 'humanitarian' invasion of Kosovo, led by NATO and the United States in the Spring of 1999, without any sanction of the United Nations Security Council.

Can't quite see what's upset you today MattP.

18 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

?

That this House welcomes John Pilger's column for the New Statesman issue of 13th December, reminding readers of the devastating human cost of the so-termed 'humanitarian' invasion of Kosovo, led by NATO and the United States in the Spring of 1999, without any sanction of the United Nations Security Council.

Can't quite see what's upset you today MattP.

If you actually did stop reading there, which I fail to believe, here is the next sentence. 

;congratulates John Pilger on his expose of the fraudulent justifications for intervening in a 'genocide' that never really existed in Kosovo; 

Edited by MattP

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

If you actually did stop reading there, which I fail to believe, here is the next sentence. 

congratulates John Pilger on his expose of the fraudulent justifications for intervening in a 'genocide' that never really existed in Kosovo; 

I'm still confused. Apparently the justifications were fraudulent? The UN supreme court concluded this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1530781.stm

Ahhh I've just clocked... Is it just because Jeremy Corbyn signed it??

Cos then your fake outrage makes perfect sense :D

6 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

I'm still confused. Apparently the justifications were fraudulent? The UN supreme court concluded this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1530781.stm

Ahhh I've just clocked... Is it just because Jeremy Corbyn signed it??

Cos then your fake outrage makes perfect sense :D

Your link is from 2001.

Ratko Mladic was convicted of genocide yesterday.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/22/ratko-mladic-convicted-of-genocide-and-war-crimes-at-un-tribunal

If you are trolling I really don't understand what you are getting out of this.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Your link is from 2001.

Ratko Mladic was convicted of genocide yesterday.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/22/ratko-mladic-convicted-of-genocide-and-war-crimes-at-un-tribunal

If you are trolling I really don't understand what you are getting out of this.

Your link is from 2004.

I just don't see the connection between the EDM from 2004 (which you posted) about Milosovic, and yesterday's news.

1 minute ago, Fox Ulike said:

Your link is from 2004.

I just don't see the connection between the EDM from 2004 (which you posted) about Milosovic, and yesterday's news.

You don't see the connection between the leader of the Labour party signing a motion to support a claim that a genocide was fraudulent a person was convicted of being a part of yesterday? 

I hate to do this to anyone but I'm blocking you, Stokes was right, this is just trolling and I can't be arsed.

Just now, MattP said:

You don't see the connection between the leader of the Labour party signing a motion to support a claim that a genocide was fraudulent a person was convicted of being a part of yesterday? 

I hate to do this to anyone but I'm blocking you, Stokes was right, this is just trolling and I can't be arsed.

Probably for the best. You'll explode when you see what Corbyn did to that poor Hamster.

Found this from the Daily Mirror:

The MP joined a controversial protest against the decision to intervene in the country without the sanction of the UN security council.

Despite admitting 2,788 bodies were found in Kosovo mass graves, it compared the numbers to initial warnings 225,000 people had been killed.

It attacked British and US 'inaccuracies' and applauded journalist John Pilger 'on his expose of the fraudulent justifications for intervening in a 'genocide' that never really existed in Kosovo'.

A UN court ruled in 2001 that Serbian troops did not carry out genocide against ethnic Albanians in Kosovo.

Former President of Yugoslavia Slobodan Milošević later died before the end of a trial against him for war crimes, which included genocide.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

And Corbyn signing that claim is "Dangerous" and "Madness"?

Remind me. What is your view on the Conservatives selling bombs to Saudi Arabia that are used to kill Yemeni citizens?

Is that "dangerous" and "madness". Nope.  I think you said "I don't know on which side I fall on this" :D

3 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Probably for the best. You'll explode when you see what Corbyn did to that poor Hamster.

Found this from the Daily Mirror:

The MP joined a controversial protest against the decision to intervene in the country without the sanction of the UN security council.

Despite admitting 2,788 bodies were found in Kosovo mass graves, it compared the numbers to initial warnings 225,000 people had been killed.

It attacked British and US 'inaccuracies' and applauded journalist John Pilger 'on his expose of the fraudulent justifications for intervening in a 'genocide' that never really existed in Kosovo'.

A UN court ruled in 2001 that Serbian troops did not carry out genocide against ethnic Albanians in Kosovo.

Former President of Yugoslavia Slobodan Milošević later died before the end of a trial against him for war crimes, which included genocide.

Just on the off chance he actually did block you ok comment so he can see your justification. Maybe he'll unblock you. But then facts can be interpreted in many ways, as fox would tell you.

14 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Just on the off chance he actually did block you ok comment so he can see your justification. Maybe he'll unblock you. But then facts can be interpreted in many ways, as fox would tell you.

The fact four people have been convicted of the said genocide isn't actually up for much interpretation is it? That doesn't change because they said it didnt happen years ago before the evidence was found.

I blocked him as soon as I saw his next post and the bizarre accusation that the Conservative party now sells bombs to Saudi Arabia. (Which I also presume means the Lib Dems and labour have as well given our businesses have been selling them for a while)

Edited by MattP

6 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Absolutely. But describing a back-bench MP signing an EDM 13 years ago as “Dangerous” and “Madness” really is as far away from an interpretation of the facts as it’s possible to get.

It’s just nonsense. Absolute nonsense, and it needs to be called out as such.  

And based on Matt’s comments about the war in Yemen earlier this week, it’s just downright hypocrascy too. (It’s OK I can say what I like about him now cos I’m in Blockland.)

Hopefully other people will talk to me L

Some of the comments on this thread about the danger of Labour are almost laughable. 

Before I begin I am far from a 'Corbynista', I think he's a better option than May by a country mile but so is my left testicle. There is no doubting that Corbyn and Mcdonnell have a somewhat murky history in particular areas, but what do those who label them 'dangerous' genuinely believe will happen were they to get into power? Do I really need to start learning the words to Wide is my Motherland and flashing the hammer and sickle at every opportunity? 

From simply looking at Corbyn's voting record you can ascertain a great deal about his beliefs and morals:-

On social affairs he has consistently voted in favour of gay marriage and rights (unlike May). In favour of the smoking ban (unlike May). In favour of the Hunting Ban (unlike May, though I am sure some blood thirsty posters would disagree with that one.

On Foreign Policy he voted against the Iraq war (unlike May) and in favour of the inquests into the same. Against nuclear weapons (again, i'm sure some would disagree). Voted in favour of an EU referendum. etc etc. 

He has also voted against/for things that I wholeheartedly disagree with, but on a whole the history of his voting record is pretty self evident towards a caring individual and not a Marxist maniac.  

Were he and Labour to get into power and he started renaming places Corbyngrad and Mcdonnell suddenly went missing through the action of his new police force then I'm fairly certain he would be ousted. 

There isn't really a political party that represents me in full, the closest would perhaps be a mixture of Labour, Green and Lib-Dems depending on current policy; so I am far from a devout red. However, the rose tinted glasses of the press and posters on here (for both sides) can get a little too much. If you were to Google John Mcdonnell, as an example, you would receive 50% of articles from the Telegraph saying that he is Chairman Mao reborn and the other 50% is the Guardian proclaiming him as the saviour. Media bias has always been rife, but social media (including forum) does seem to have added a good few hundred miles to the divide and middle ground is seemingly invisible from most viewpoints of the chasm. 

Edited by David Guiza
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

The fact four people have been convicted of the said genocide isn't actually up for much interpretation is it? That doesn't change because they said it didnt happen years ago before the evidence was found.

I blocked him as soon as I saw his next post and the bizarre accusation that the Conservative party now sells bombs to Saudi Arabia. (Which I also presume means the Lib Dems and labour have as well given our businesses have been selling them for a while)

Right. They didn’t believe it when there was no evidence for it.

Dangerous and madness.