Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

lol The remainers on here frothing at the mouth about blue passports and none of the leavers give a shit.

No, I want a blue passport. It’s been my lifelong ambition since it cropped up this morning. I will be fuming if it doesn’t happen now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Wrong shade of blue, dickheads.

It can't just be me that thinks the old passport was black?

And what do we do about the name? It comes from a combination of the French passe and French seaport. 

As has been observed, why not just get rid of the passport altogether?

Screenshot_20171222-205800.png

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

It can't just be me that thinks the old passport was black?

And what do we do about the name? It comes from a combination of the French passe and French seaport. 

As has been observed, why not just get rid of the passport altogether?

Screenshot_20171222-205800.png

I can’t remember it at all tbh, nor do I give a shit about it. Most of our words and language derive have relations to other languages.

Its got to be one of the most ridiculous brexit rows since this all began and it’s had some competition lol.

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I can’t remember it at all tbh, nor do I give a shit about it. Most of our words and language derive have relations to other languages.

Its got to be one of the most ridiculous brexit rows since this all began and it’s had some competition lol.

It's not really a row though is it?

Right wing media wants to paint it as a victory and remainers are just agog it's even a thing.

Just now, Rogstanley said:

lol

"Let us through you imbeciles, we had all the best 15th century English language poets don't you know"

Travelling in African countries 10 or so years ago thats exactly what seasoned travellers did when exiting the airport...

Sir, sir? 

"No, British citizen" 'show passport cover, shake head and keep walking' - seriously. Otherwise they'd take your bags apart whilst you stand there like a lemon before them asking for some cash to let you through or 'solve a problem'

So basically nobody on here from either side of the political divide gives a shit about the passport colour but both sides are obsessed with claiming the other side is going mental over it.  Just another typical day in the FT politics thread then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

So basically nobody on here from either side of the political divide gives a shit about the passport colour but both sides are obsessed with claiming the other side is going mental over it.  Just another typical day in the FT politics thread then.

Lmfao. Yep, about right :celebrate:

Unless anything big happens shall we have a rest over 24th-26th? It's not like we're really arguing over very much right now is it? I'm thinking it could be like the foxestalk equivalent of a Christmas Day kickabout in no man's land lol

45 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Typical day in politics full stop. Trolling the other side seems to be the most important thing. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Unless anything big happens shall we have a rest over 24th-26th? It's not like we're really arguing over very much right now is it? I'm thinking it could be like the foxestalk equivalent of a Christmas Day kickabout in no man's land lol

I've been thinking all week that I ought to lock this thread tomorrow night until Wednesday morning. Does anyone have any objections?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've been thinking all week that I ought to lock this thread tomorrow night until Wednesday morning. Does anyone have any objections?

Don't mind it slowly dying, to be quite honest?

But The Queen's Speech etc may tempt someone to post something..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

Knock it on the head, yep.

Screenshot_20171222-232717.thumb.png.2021bbdd7c45d85f042d01d22875ba26.png

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

He's talking about 2016 at the start. Let's see what the revised 2017 figures actually are before you get too excited.

And I'll still point to worsening public services, increased homelessness and food bank usage,  falling wages and record personal debt.

If the proceeds of growth aren't helping ordinary people then what's it for?