Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

'Proven Premier Player'

28 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol come on.

The man would make a goal saving interception on the edge of our box and then be leading the counter attack seconds later.

I'm not knocking what he done, he was very good at it. it's not the most skillful of talents but it is whats needed in all good teams. His skill was anticipation, He worked out very quickly which way players were going to turn and was there before them. The trade off was he wasn't very good at pinging Balls out to the wings preferring the short pass to DD.

The point of the topic that it takes all kinds of players to find the winning system, and finding those players is never easy.

It's not about signing the best.

13 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Maybe I'm just bitter and very opinionated about the negative impacts of the premier league and how overrated it is. 
I wasn't just referring to football when I mentioned how arrogant we are. I think that generally speaking we have this inherent small minded view of other cultures and we automatically think that our way of life is best. 

Nutshell...:)

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

w.r.t delph - maybe we need a half life on "proven prem player" status

I think the best we can hope for is 'has shown promise in the prem' rather than 'proven'. Proven costs £40M+ in this market. Alternatively you get your Huths of this world who were 'proven' in the past but are perceived by their current club that they are over the hill. 

A lot of people raised their eyebrows when we signed Albrighton, and anyone wanting Prem options can hope for signings which will appear nothing more than underwhelming. I don't remember anyone getting overly excited by the signing of Huth, either. 

For me there are 4 types of signing we can pull off:

1. Underwhelming Prem player (Huth)

2. Unproven 'promising' Prem player (Iheanacho)

3. Unknown (abroad or lower leagues.) (Mahrez/N'Didi/Kante)

4. Proven abroad (Slimani, Mendy, Musa)

I just like surprises that just seem to work......... Premier, Championship, Foreign. I don't care.

Kante is a great example, as is Ndidi, Mahrez would be another one I suppose

Now I'm looking forward to seeing an almost unproven Premiership Striker and the Spanish Guy that took us all by surprise.

We also have the Surprise of a "New" Guy in charge................ Can't wait   :thumbup:

On 7/24/2017 at 15:11, Nod.E said:

I think the best we can hope for is 'has shown promise in the prem' rather than 'proven'. Proven costs £40M+ in this market. Alternatively you get your Huths of this world who were 'proven' in the past but are perceived by their current club that they are over the hill. 

A lot of people raised their eyebrows when we signed Albrighton, and anyone wanting Prem options can hope for signings which will appear nothing more than underwhelming. I don't remember anyone getting overly excited by the signing of Huth, either. 

For me there are 4 types of signing we can pull off:

1. Underwhelming Prem player (Huth)

2. Unproven 'promising' Prem player (Iheanacho)

3. Unknown (abroad or lower leagues.) (Mahrez/N'Didi/Kante)

4. Proven abroad (Slimani, Mendy, Musa)

I'd say you could throw another category in there. Underperforming.

Some players underperform and just won't try for certain Managers. New surroundings and they're back to their best.

Single most overpriced premium in the market. Don't let what happened a year ago kid you otherwise. We ****ed up because we didn't sign great players, who didn't fit our style of play. Not because they hadn't played in the league.

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 23:29, Aus Fox said:

If we ever want to win the league again, we need more proven Premeir League players like the ones who won us the league.

Morgan

Simpson

Fuchs

Dribkwater

Mahrez

Kante

Vardy

Okazaki 

Of all of them only Simpson had played more than 1 season in the premier league and Fuchs, Okazaki and Kante had never played in it when we won the league.

28 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Of all of them only Simpson had played more than 1 season in the premier league and Fuchs, Okazaki and Kante had never played in it when we won the league.

Sarcasm not on your radar I take it?

Archived