Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uranyl Yellow

Reunions you'd like to see

11 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Would love to see the pistols do a massive gig at one of the festivals. Might even encourage some younger music fans to discover & maybe embrace punk.

I'd love to have seen Pistols live. 

Just now, Ashley said:

Hopefully you will be right but at this moment in time i cant see it happening. 

Noel's a crafty old fox, wait long enough and they'll be paid a fortune, each passing year will increase the money on offer. Don't see it in the immediate future but I'm sure it will happen.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2017 at 20:44, Buce said:

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

My apologies mate, gave you some duff information there. They reformed for a tour in 2006 which was documented in film (that's the one I saw). They reformed in 2013 for a one off only. Sorry about that. You gave me a rep aswell :blush:

Edited by Max Wall

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 18:34, Max Wall said:

Noel's a crafty old fox, wait long enough and they'll be paid a fortune, each passing year will increase the money on offer. Don't see it in the immediate future but I'm sure it will happen.

Didn't Crosby say something about Neils relationship with Daryl Hannah, pretty much put an end to any friendship.

Neil does what he wants when he wants, so you never know maybe he will get back again. 

On 14/08/2017 at 18:34, Max Wall said:

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Didn't Crosby say something about Neils relationship with Daryl Hannah, pretty much put an end to any friendship.

Neil does what he wants when he wants, so you never know maybe he will get back again. 

Think we are at cross purposes here Ronnie, my quote was referring to Oasis and Noel Gallagher. I did mention CSNY earlier in this thread and that they reformed for a one off gig in 2013 after touring in 2006 where Young's 'Impeach the president' song aimed at George Bush really didn't go down well in middle American Hicksville.

Having said that, you're correct, there was a fall out between Crosby and Young and it was centred around his relationship with Hannah. As you have said though, Young is a force of nature and wherever his mood takes him, he seems to just go with it so a further reunion can't be ruled out. Frankly, it's a miracle they're all still alive and it's still a possibility!

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 23:34, Max Wall said:

Think we are at cross purposes here Ronnie, my quote was referring to Oasis and Noel Gallagher. I did mention CSNY earlier in this thread and that they reformed for a one off gig in 2013 after touring in 2006 where Young's 'Impeach the president' song aimed at George Bush really didn't go down well in middle American Hicksville.

Having said that, you're correct, there was a fall out between Crosby and Young and it was centred around his relationship with Hannah. As you have said though, Young is a force of nature and wherever his mood takes him, he seems to just go with it so a further reunion can't be ruled out. Frankly, it's a miracle they're all still alive and it's still a possibility!

The problem is between Crosby and Nash:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/graham-nash-i-dont-want-anything-to-do-with-david-crosby-20160308

On 03/08/2017 at 12:50, FIF said:

The doors with JM.

And Ray Manzarek for that matter. Shortly before he died they did it with Ian Astbury...it was shite.

Surprised you didn't mention "Rain Tree Crow" FIF. At least their reunion was progressive and not governed by financial gain.

On 03/08/2017 at 12:58, Voll Blau said:

Just getting to the end of Johnny Marr's book and it looks like it genuinely wasn't as far away from happening as people think a few years ago. Doubt they'd let Mike Joyce drum after the court case if it did happen mind.

Think Oasis will probably happen one day.

On 05/08/2017 at 16:51, Ashley said:

Oasis.

Doubt it will ever happen though. Both the NG and LG having good solo careers plus LG has Pretty Green!

On 14/08/2017 at 18:24, Max Wall said:

Money will talk eventually.

On 14/08/2017 at 18:31, Ashley said:

Hopefully you will be right but at this moment in time i cant see it happening. 

Where's the unpopular views thread gone? Couldn't be ****ed to find it. 

"Hopefully?" So you'd be entertained by the prospect of a band who in their day were frankly at best derivative and painfully unoriginal, reforming simply for the money? - because that would be artistically meaningful wouldn't it? I'd like to see them pledged an equivalent sum to never to reform. 

Oasis soundtracked the "Loaded" generation who probably hitherto hadn't the first idea what a guitar looked or sounded like until they started appearing in the pages of FHM alongside beer fridges filled with hooch, pictures of Lisa Snowden, hot hatches and equally vapid Britpop bands. Never understood the pretence either - when in reality they were about as rock n'roll as Simon and Garfunkel - Guigsy and Bonehead looked like ****ing supply teachers ffs. Oasis occupy the same cultural desert as the decade that gave us Carhartt combat trousers, beanie babies, tribal tattoos, Adam Sandler and yeah, laddo magazines. Now that Ant McPartlin is out of rehab, the return of PJ and Duncan would be more artistically relevant than the prospect of the Gallagher brothers dragging their knuckles into a rehearsal room - or even worse recording studio again.

Completely agree with Fox92 about decent bands having legacies and that these memories shouldn't be corrupted or adulterated by contrived nostalgia trips. Even worse when the original definitive line ups are compromised. There have been some artists that have quietly and subtly reunited solely for the music though or a one off occasion. Remember when the definitive Floyd line up reformed for Live 8? - the contempt for Waters was palpable, you got the feeling that behind gritted teeth, although it didn't compromise the performance, the end of the short set they played couldn't come soon enough - and although their sales soared over the next few weeks, the motivation was not money rather the connection with Geldof. Still very strained and painful to watch.

The Smiths??? - it would be a complete anachronism. Listen to the way that Morrissey arranges the old songs - all the subtlety and nuance whitewashed...paint a vulgar picture indeed. The fact that he referred to Mike Joyce as a "dog in search of a flea" tells you all you need to know about any future collaboration with his old band mates. Saw Marr a few years ago at the Academy in Birmingham and he did great justice to "London" and "There is a Light..."

The one positive about the sad, premature loss of strummer is that it averted a Clash reformation - I actually thought that at the time by way of consolation...(although unfortunately that didn't prevent them from being inducted into the "Rockn'Roll Hall of Fame).

In a couple of decades time, people will be mentioning Kasabian on a similar thread - but at least that would have meant they parted company at some stage. 

I'd like to see New Order and Hooky put aside their differences, but like the Smiths, money is so acrimonious. 

• Like 1

On 17/09/2017 at 19:24, Buce said:

That's twice. Tell Purple Ronnie then. Or is it only my posts you wish to comment on to attempt to correct? I think you'll find Crosby and Young have also fallen out, though I understand your need to attempt to correct me after your 'categorize' is correct post was exposed as being an American spelling.

Edited by Max Wall

13 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

That's twice. Tell Purple Ronnie then. Or is it only my posts you wish to comment on to attempt to correct? I think you'll find Crosby and Young have also fallen out, though I understand your need to attempt to correct me after your 'categorize' is correct post was exposed as being an American spelling.

Wow.

That's some serious paranoia you have there.

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

Wow.

That's some serious paranoia you have there.

Induced by you attempting to correct me twice, on two different threads,on two different topics, in two days and ignoring the initial post from another member and being incorrect on both occasions.

Edited by Max Wall

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

No, you're just being an arse.

Right back at you fella, now trawl through the threads and go (attempt to) correct someone else for your entertainment. Though I suspect you won't go to original posters.

Edited by Max Wall

3 minutes ago, Keith Wellers Tights said:

Can I step in here before this descends any further. You are both correct. Crosby and Young have fallen out as have Crosby and Nash.

The below report is easy to find if either of you want to bother:-

Last year saw the dissolution of Crosby Stills Nash and Young following several critical comments made by Crosby about his longtime bandmates. He referred to Young’s girlfriend Daryl Hannah as a “purely poisonous predator.” Meanwhile, Nash told Dutch magazine Lust For Life that Crosby for “ripped the heart out of [CSNY],” adding, “He’s been awful for me the last two years, just ****ing awful. I’ve been there and saved his ****ing ass for 45 years, and he treated me like shit.”

Yeah, the report was quoted in the link I posted, which also said that Crosby has apologised.

I don't think the keyboard warrior read it.

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah, the report was quoted in the link I posted, which also said that Crosby has apologised.

I don't think the keyboard warrior read it.

My original point still stands.

Someone else said categorize was an incorrect spelling yet you quoted me.

Then, purpleronnie said Crosby and Young had fallen out and again you quoted me and not the original post.

Is it a policy you have to check how many posts/rep points someone has before you decide who to quote and attempt to correct?

Best idea here is to ignore me as I will now do with you.