Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uranyl Yellow

Reunions you'd like to see

Just heard one of the more obscure Heads tracks on the radio and it reminded me how great they were (or at least how great I thought they were). I would love Talking Heads to get back together and do more stuff. Absolutely no chance of it happening though. David Byrne probably wouldn't see the point, and I can't see the hatred Weymouth has for Byrne ever being reconciled.

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

The Smiths - Never going to happen, but I think they could still make really good music. 

Just getting to the end of Johnny Marr's book and it looks like it genuinely wasn't as far away from happening as people think a few years ago. Doubt they'd let Mike Joyce drum after the court case if it did happen mind.

A Jam reunion would be great, but again, Weller would never have it.

Think Oasis will probably happen one day.

• Like 2

Reunions aren't for me so none.

I love The Jam and The Smiths but there's no way I'd want to see them get back together. Great bands have great legacy's and should just be left alone. 

Take The Stone Roses, for example. They constantly sell out venues, charging fans something like £70, for them just to do the same set.

• Like 3

Wasilewski and that chap who gave him that serious Injury....

EDIT: Bugger. just saw this was the music thread.  - saw the link on the right and just clicked on it :ph34r:

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

Just heard one of the more obscure Heads tracks on the radio and it reminded me how great they were (or at least how great I thought they were). I would love Talking Heads to get back together and do more stuff. Absolutely no chance of it happening though. David Byrne probably wouldn't see the point, and I can't see the hatred Weymouth has for Byrne ever being reconciled.

I've only recently got into Talking Heads, always thought they were a bit to artsy and weird for my tastes, guess your tastes do change as you get older, I now have all their albums.

As far as reunions, I'm against them, I'd much rather see a new band than some old group getting back for money.  Somethings are best left in the past.

However lol, The Smiths would be my first choice, followed by the Jam.

22 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Reunions aren't for me so none.

I love The Jam and The Smiths but there's no way I'd want to see them get back together. Great bands have great legacy's and should just be left alone. 

Take The Stone Roses, for example. They constantly sell out venues, charging fans something like £70, for them just to do the same set.

Saw the Stone Roses twice in the last year or so. Saw them at Etihad and then at Wembley this year. I assumed when buying the Wembley tickets they would at least have a few new songs or a new album. Clearly not ever going to happen. Still enjoyed it but I wouldn't see them again until the day they do release something else, as much as I love them.

I think a reunion tour for any band is fair enough but to constantly tour the same stuff and not release anything else is a bit bad. Especially in the case of The Stone Roses, as they have one really good album and a few good other tracks.

• Like 1

On 5.8.2017 at 18:47, Samilktray said:

I've always found it strange how fans of rock bands crave reunions so much, why is it such a big thing? 

I'd say it's because they like their music so much and because as opposed to most studio artists (rappers, DJs), they tend to tour more often and play their own music instruments.

Also, as long as the majority of band members are still alive and the possibility of a reunion possible, you get the chance of listening to songs you really like in a live environment. There's a handful of bands I'd like too see in a concert because I was simply too young or not born yet when they were last active.

(Btw, I dig a variety of music and would've loved to see ATCQ live, for instance)

Edited by MC Prussian

On 05/08/2017 at 16:51, Ashley said:

Oasis.

Doubt it will ever happen though. Both the NG and LG having good solo careers plus LG has Pretty Green!

I think it will at some point, the money on offer would be staggering. 

They will just do what Stone Roses do, stand on stage for 2 hours pretending to like each other and count the ££

• Like 1