Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Barcelona Terror Attack

4 hours ago, The Floyd said:

Aside from your attempts to justify not reporting suspicious behaviour, I don't see your point. I partially quoted JTH's post about the vast majority of muslims being equally as opposed and horrified, which I don't think is the case. It's a poll so of course they can only make suggestions as to whether that sample is reflective of the entire muslim population, but the definition of 'sympathiser' in the context of terrorism really doesn't deviate all that much. 

Even if you were to disregard the entire article by The Express, what are your thoughts on the Telegraph's piece?

NB: A majority isn't the same as a vast majority.

I covered the Telegraph with 25%<51%

"A quarter of Muslims sympathise with Charlie Hebdo attackers"... a quarter, 25%.... I was being generous with just going with 51% to not try and embarrass you that 51% is a simple majority and therefore the JTH was clearly correct.

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

I covered the Telegraph with 25%<51%

"A quarter of Muslims sympathise with Charlie Hebdo attackers"... a quarter, 25%.... I was being generous with just going with 51% to not try and embarrass you that 51% is a simple majority and therefore the JTH was clearly correct.

A 'vast' majority is not 51%. You're not embarrassing anyone.

Just now, The Floyd said:

A 'vast' majority is not 51%. You're not embarrassing anyone.

Exactly. What's your point? You quoted an article that 25% of Muslims sympathised with terrorists in response to someone saying the vast majority do not.

25% is less than a simple majority, let alone the vast majority that JTH mentioned. Did you want me to say 25%<75%?! I thought the maths might be too difficult.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Because the FT admin squad are clearly PC do-gooders that can't handle the REAL TRUTH about the world in general and Islam in particular.

Isn't it obvious?

Thought that would be the case. Never understood what people's issue was with "do-gooders" by the way. Cvnts are the real problem in this world.

Mind you, I did see it suggested on social media yesterday that the BBC should be shut down because a Moroccan rented a van in Spain, so maybe I'm well out of touch.

17 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Exactly. What's your point? You quoted an article that 25% of Muslims sympathised with terrorists in response to someone saying the vast majority do not.

25% is less than a simple majority, let alone the vast majority that JTH mentioned. Did you want me to say 25%<75%?! I thought the maths might be too difficult.

The figure is 27%. Would you consider 73% to be a vast majority? I'd argue not. If we take that poll at face value and translate that percentage into an actual figure, that's 729,000 muslims in the UK who sympathised with the Charlie Hebdo terrorists. Of course that figure could be inflated, but to try and pretend there isn't even a minor issue isn't helpful. 

Apologies if my posts lacked clarity before and apologies for the pedantry.

I'm muslim, wtf am I supposed to do about any of this? Disgusted and horrified at all of this as much as anyone.

The way some people go on it feels like normal people like me are almost responsible and should do more to stop these attacks.

Aside from all that though, the video someone put on twitter was genuinely heart breaking.

1 minute ago, The Floyd said:

The figure is 27%. Would you consider 73% to be a vast majority? I'd argue not. If we take that poll at face value and translate that percentage into an actual figure, that's 729,000 muslims in the UK who sympathised with the Charlie Hebdo terrorists. Of course that figure could be inflated, but to try and pretend there isn't even a minor issue isn't helpful. 

Apologies if my posts lacked clarity before and apologies for the pedantry.

Yes, 73% is a vast majority!

Yes, there is a major issue, and it can't be dealt with quick enough, but it isn't the vast majority. 

23 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Because the FT admin squad are clearly PC do-gooders that can't handle the REAL TRUTH about the world in general and Islam in particular.

Isn't it obvious?

5997012a071e5_ironyalert.png.e4f090c7cb9a05345423b951b6102073.png

Just in case it's not obvious.

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

Yes, 73% is a vast majority!

Yes, there is a major issue, and it can't be dealt with quick enough, but it isn't the vast majority. 

I disagree but I guess 'vast' is subjective.

Just to be clear, I'm not at all trying to argue that the vast majority of muslims sympathise with terrorists, you seem to be confused or are deliberately manipulating my point. 

6 hours ago, The Floyd said:

Wait so JTH writes "so while I agree that clearly the vast majority of Muslims are absolutely opposed and as horrified as I am at this sort of shit going down"

Which u highlighted when posting the above...

And yet you are not suggesting that the majority of Muslims are terrorist sympathisers?!

I need something to drink!!

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Wait so JTH writes "so while I agree that clearly the vast majority of Muslims are absolutely opposed and as horrified as I am at this sort of shit going down"

Which u highlighted when posting the above...

And yet you are not suggesting that the majority of Muslims are terrorist sympathisers?!

I need something to drink!!

It's really not that hard. I disagree that the amount of muslims horrified constitute as a 'vast majority'. A majority yes, but vast, no. My reply to JTH was intended as an inoffensive passing comment, food for thought per se. 

Anyway, this is ridiculous and I must go, I wish you a pleasant weekend.

It's really not that hard. I disagree that the amount of muslims horrified can constitute as a 'vast majority'. A majority yes, but vast, no. My reply to JTH was intended as an inoffensive passing comment, food for thought per se. 

And you! Enjoy, stay safe.

24 minutes ago, The Floyd said:

22 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:
24 minutes ago, The Floyd said:
IAnyway, this is ridiculous and I must go, I wish you a pleasant weekend.

Disappointingly pleasant conclusion.

It can't be defeated but we can have a go. Between 2008-2013 there was a lull in jihadi activity compared to the years before it and since. We need to look at why this happened and how we can supress it. Western media glorify ISIS, of that there is no doubt, I think it's time we stopped doing that.

6 hours ago, Webbo said:

I've read that, because a good chunk of Spain was once run by the Moors, IS consider it as part of the Caliphate.

Yep I've always been surprised there haven't been more terror attacks in Spain for that very reason. I regularly visit Andalusia so I'm always concerned there may be an attack on people and the amazing buildings - muslim mosques and minarets were often integrated into newer catholic buildings.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Isn't it obvious?

Duno whether this is meant as sarcasm but yeh this sums it up and this website is chronic for it, still guess they gota protect that ad revenue.

6 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Duno whether this is meant as sarcasm but yeh this sums it up and this website is chronic for it, still guess they gota protect that ad revenue.

It was meant to be ironic, yes.

Do you think that advertisers will pull their ads from FT if they allow THE TRUTH to be spoken on here, then?

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

It was meant to be ironic, yes.

Do you think that advertisers will pull their ads from FT if they allow THE TRUTH to be spoken on here, then?

Yes and it happens constantly on streaming media such as youtube and twitch.

2 hours ago, The Floyd said:

It's really not that hard. I disagree that the amount of muslims horrified constitute as a 'vast majority'. A majority yes, but vast, no. My reply to JTH was intended as an inoffensive passing comment, food for thought per se. 

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:
2 hours ago, The Floyd said:
It's really not that hard. I disagree that the amount of muslims horrified can constitute as a 'vast majority'. A majority yes, but vast, no. My reply to JTH was intended as an inoffensive passing comment, food for thought per se. 

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Disappointingly pleasant conclusion.

Pair of bloody hippies.

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Yes and it happens constantly on streaming media such as youtube and twitch.

Fair enough.

Of course it might be that they simply think those views are erroneous in fact and therefore might be bad for business...but hey.

Have to say credit to the police officer that shot dead 3 suspects in a car in the coastal town where a house got exploded, despite putting his life under serious danger in the process.

Rather kill those highly suspected to be involved than arrest them, so that the world has less of the idiots..

37 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have to say credit to the police officer that shot dead 3 suspects in a car in the coastal town where a house got exploded, despite putting his life under surreal danger in the process.

Rather kill those highly suspected to be involved than arrest them, so that the world has less of the idiots..

What kind of danger is that, Whymsey? :huh:

Archived