Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Barcelona Terror Attack

Guest BlueBrett
1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

These people are not religious in any way. They have been taken in by a cult who say they are a religion. Completely different. 

Nah that's a cop out. You're transferring responsibility to vague shadowy clandestine 'agents of evil' rather than accepting that these acts are perpetrated by real people who make conscious decisions in the cold light of day. They're influenced by others' ideas and philosophy sure, but there's no brainwashing or coercion involved.

1 minute ago, BlueBrett said:

Nah that's a cop out. You're transferring responsibility to vague shadowy clandestine 'agents of evil' rather than accepting that these acts are perpetrated by real people who make conscious decisions in the cold light of day. They're influenced by others' ideas and philosophy sure, but there's no brainwashing or coercion involved.

IS are not muslim the same way the KKK or the WBC are not christian. Just because they are a different colour and from another country does not make them different to the facts that extremist cells of a religion do not represent the religion they were based off. 

59 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

25%<51%

And, just from the first two paragraphs...

TWO thirds of British Muslims would not inform the police if they thought that somebody close to them had become involved with terrorist sympathisers, according to a poll.

This alarming revelation suggests that more than 100,000 British Muslims could sympathise with suicide bombers and people who commit terrorist acts.

1. It would be hard to inform police about somebody close to you. You'd probably think you could change their mind, and it maybe difficult to believe that they are being radicalised because of your feelings towards them. People typically don't want to believe the worst in people close to them. Especially if that could get them in serious trouble.

2. It says involved with terrorist sympathisers, what does that mean? Does that mean the person close to them have a friend who is involved with a group that 'sympathises' with terrorists? Corbyn has been considered a terrorist sympathiser... so I am really not sure what the standard is here.

3. Suggests.

Let's be sensible here.

Aside from your attempts to justify not reporting suspicious behaviour, I don't see your point. I partially quoted JTH's post about the vast majority of muslims being equally as opposed and horrified, which I don't think is the case. It's a poll so of course they can only make suggestions as to whether that sample is reflective of the entire muslim population, but the definition of 'sympathiser' in the context of terrorism really doesn't deviate all that much. 

Even if you were to disregard the entire article by The Express, what are your thoughts on the Telegraph's piece?

NB: A majority isn't the same as a vast majority.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

IS are not muslim the same way the KKK or the WBC are not christian. Just because they are a different colour and from another country does not make them different to the facts that extremist cells of a religion do not represent the religion they were based off. 

The leader of ISIS has a PHD in Islamic theology, some Klansmen live by the laws of the bible and read it every day.

Pretending these people aren't religious isn't going to solve the problem. They are often religious and interpret the most extreme interpretation of it.

Just now, MattP said:

The leader of ISIS has a PHD in Islamic theology, some Klansmen live by the laws of the bible and read it every day.

Pretending these people aren't religious isn't going to solve the problem. They are often religious and interpret the most extreme interpretation of it.

not saying they ain't religious. I can read a brief history of time and pretend i understand it if you want. Doesn't mean you are understanding the message of a book. Neither the Bible or Quran preach hate and murder......both have some shit things to say about gay people granted but neither of them say you should kill anyone. 

Hitler was a catholic and killed millions so all catholics bad too? The UDA were protestant and killed people so are all protestants bad too? A white guy drove his car into protestors because he didn't like what they had to say and claims he is a christian. 

Its not religion that is the problem. Its people that are the problem and then saying they are doing it for religion because its easy to blame it on because people wont read other peoples literature and just say "you don't believe in the same omnipotent being as me, therefore i will ignore all your views." 

muslim =\= terrorist

christian =\= klansman 

but people seem to forget this when its a brown fella and not a white fella. 

Guest BlueBrett
7 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

But they ARE Muslim. It's as if people can't distinguish between not being afraid to recognise them for what they are/where their beliefs come from and making sweeping generalisations about the entire faith.

Every time some bloke gets send down for murder or whatever nobody feels the need to stand up and start blabbering about how all men aren't murderers...The fact that plenty seem to feel the need to in all these terror debates is just weird in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

not saying they ain't religious. I can read a brief history of time and pretend i understand it if you want. Doesn't mean you are understanding the message of a book. Neither the Bible or Quran preach hate and murder......both have some shit things to say about gay people granted but neither of them say you should kill anyone. 

Hitler was a catholic and killed millions so all catholics bad too? The UDA were protestant and killed people so are all protestants bad too? A white guy drove his car into protestors because he didn't like what they had to say and claims he is a christian. 

Its not religion that is the problem. Its people that are the problem and then saying they are doing it for religion because its easy to blame it on because people wont read other peoples literature and just say "you don't believe in the same omnipotent being as me, therefore i will ignore all your views." 

muslim =\= terrorist

christian =\= klansman 

For the 6 billionth ****ing time, no one is saying all Muslims are terrorists. They are saying that THESE specific terrorists are muslim. Extreme Muslims for sure, cvntish Muslims for sure, not the norm Muslims for sure, but Muslims nonetheless. That's it. 

Those right wing extremists ARE Christian, it does not mean all Christians are bad, just that the bad ones are bad. 

How ****ing hard is it to understand. :nigel:

3 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

But they ARE Muslim. It's as if people can't distinguish between not being afraid to recognise them for what they are/where their beliefs come from and making sweeping generalisations about the entire faith.

Every time some bloke gets send down for murder or whatever nobody feels the need to stand up and start blabbering about how all men aren't murderers...The fact that plenty seem to feel the need to in all these terror debates is just weird in my opinion.

read into islam. And i mean read into it through wikipedia/snopes and impartial places and look at what it preaches. Then look into what IS demand off people under their rule. Nothing is the same.  They preach of the ways centuries old that are outdated and now not preached by the religion. Just like how christians don't do the same as they did centuries ago. Same as many other religions around the world evolved. 

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

For the 6 billionth ****ing time, no one is saying all Muslims are terrorists. They are saying that THESE specific terrorists are muslim. Extreme Muslims for sure, cvntish Muslims for sure, not the norm Muslims for sure, but Muslims nonetheless. That's it. 

Those right wing extremists ARE Christian, it does not mean all Christians are bad, just that the bad ones are bad. 

How ****ing hard is it to understand. :nigel:

why you preaching it to the converted. its not me who needs telling lol

12 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

muslim =\= terrorist

christian =\= klansman 

You might find this an interesting read:

http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2009/03/08/dark_passages/

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

Who, exactly?

Too many to name Buce, petty squabbling over tiny details. And then the usual suspects claiming everyone is scared to say stuff, without actually detailing what we are scared to say.

Ill save myself the bother of reading it in future.

Yes they do.
As a "practising" (not very good at it) Christian, I can attest that large parts if the Bible, especially the old testament, want to kill a lot of 'heretics'.

New testament, not so much. But if you are an idiot who interprets things literally and can't read in the first place, then you probably are swinging for crusades.

(Across Africa I see adverts for crusades, they are usually done by late 50 yr old white Americans taking $5 a time from the thousands of poor people who turn out to hear them renounce the devil. Cvnts.)

The local public have made the right response in refusing to let IS win by going about their daily routine and walking around the city.

Maybe, though it'll be difficult to implement, security forces should contact hiring companies and give extra focus on their clients (such as background checks) on those who want a couple of vans etc over a short time period?

Terror attacks via vans has occurred proved popular for these terrorists and it's as if these people don't believe they'll get tracked etc in what they purchase.

Archived