Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Barcelona Terror Attack

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm no fan of Islam or religion in general but I do think we should avoid phrases that blur and slur the beliefs and activities of a couple of billion people! I am all for however positive action to disrupt terror related activities!

Positive action, can only happen when you know truly identify the negative

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

I dunno, read islamic history and say different?  People talk about crusades, they had there own in much more recent history, or is that a blur on a billion people?   This is about ideology thAt stems from its beginning, read history and you will see nothing has changed with regards to said.

Isn't all religion a bit nuts and its all about the interpretation?

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

That's not my point, defo when it comes to Islam.  Unllike the brown Sandle wearing christ of Christianity, or the tenth master of Sikhism, they neither had conquest for wealth of booty or kept slaves, or as it says ' there right hand posses' In there religious text.  

These actions are not Interpretations, they are fact and historical.

9 hours ago, MattP said:

There we go....

IMG_20170817_170052.jpg

Great. And now we have right-wing snowflakes (to use their favourite word of the moment) attempting to argue that attacks carried out by right-wing terrorists are vilified more than attacks carried out by Islamic terrorists. Surely the overriding point of this particular piece of nonsense is that the murder of any innocent civilian is despicable, and to try and and make a cause out of those whose lives have been taken from them in such cowardly attacks is a disgrace. Shame on whoever created this, and shame on the sheeple who in turn spread it. An example of social media at its worst.  

7 minutes ago, foxinexile said:

Great. And now we have right-wing snowflakes (to use their favourite word of the moment) attempting to argue that attacks carried out by right-wing terrorists are vilified more than attacks carried out by Islamic terrorists. Surely the overriding point of this particular piece of nonsense is that the murder of any innocent civilian is despicable, and to try and and make a cause out of those whose lives have been taken from them in such cowardly attacks is a disgrace. Shame on whoever created this, and shame on the sheeple who in turn spread it. An example of social media at its worst.  

I totally agree, both acts are despicable and cowardly. The state of oneupmanship arguments on this subject is astonishingly bad taste to put it mildly. However both sides of the 'moderate' political spectrum really needs to unite and show some damn consistency, otherwise this will continue to push us further apart.

28 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I totally agree, both acts are despicable and cowardly. The state of oneupmanship arguments on this subject is astonishingly bad taste to put it mildly. However both sides of the 'moderate' political spectrum really needs to unite and show some damn consistency, otherwise this will continue to push us further apart.

I don't disagree with any of your points, and all acts of terrorism should be condemned, whichever way a political party leans because when innocent civilians lose their lives the so-called cause can never justify the act. But when I see things like this surface less than twelve hours after thirteen people have lost their lives and hundreds more have had their lives affected irreversibly, it makes me so angry. And the left-leanings of social media can be just as bad too. A decorum of sensitivity wouldn't go amiss, but I don't imagine the creator of this has the foresight or intelligence to understand or appreciate that. 

12 minutes ago, foxinexile said:

I don't disagree with any of your points, and all acts of terrorism should be condemned, whichever way a political party leans because when innocent civilians lose their lives the so-called cause can never justify the act. But when I see things like this surface less than twelve hours after thirteen people have lost their lives and hundreds more have had their lives affected irreversibly, it makes me so angry. And the left-leanings of social media can be just as bad too. A decorum of sensitivity wouldn't go amiss, but I don't imagine the creator of this has the foresight or intelligence to understand or appreciate that. 

Its funny though, protests by Feminists!  Lol.

Meanwhile, it wasn't us that called IS Islamic state, so while I agree that clearly the vast majority of Muslims are absolutely opposed and as horrified as I am at this sort of shit going down, I don't really see Islamic terrorism as a prejudicial term.  There may be a better one though, although generally we tend to describe terrorism groups by their objectives, (Irish republican, Basque seperatist etc), so as the objective of IS seems to be the establishment of some kind of Islamic caliphate, what else should we call it?

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Meanwhile, it wasn't us that called IS Islamic state, so while I agree that clearly the vast majority of Muslims are absolutely opposed and as horrified as I am at this sort of shit going down, I don't really see Islamic terrorism as a prejudicial term.  There may be a better one though, although generally we tend to describe terrorism groups by their objectives, (Irish republican, Basque seperatist etc), so as the objective of IS seems to be the establishment of some kind of Islamic caliphate, what else should we call it?

I wouldn't be so sure.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11433776/Quarter-of-British-Muslims-sympathise-with-Charlie-Hebdo-terrorists.html

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/659913/two-in-three-British-Muslims-would-NOT-give-police-terror-tip-offs

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They do, but no-one dare say or do anything. 

And if you do your 

racist 

the world is unstable .... and generally it's down to two things 

money and religion 

two cheeks of the same stinking arse ! 

28 minutes ago, The Floyd said:

25%<51%

And, just from the first two paragraphs...

TWO thirds of British Muslims would not inform the police if they thought that somebody close to them had become involved with terrorist sympathisers, according to a poll.

This alarming revelation suggests that more than 100,000 British Muslims could sympathise with suicide bombers and people who commit terrorist acts.

1. It would be hard to inform police about somebody close to you. You'd probably think you could change their mind, and it maybe difficult to believe that they are being radicalised because of your feelings towards them. People typically don't want to believe the worst in people close to them. Especially if that could get them in serious trouble.

2. It says involved with terrorist sympathisers, what does that mean? Does that mean the person close to them have a friend who is involved with a group that 'sympathises' with terrorists? Corbyn has been considered a terrorist sympathiser... so I am really not sure what the standard is here.

3. Suggests.

Let's be sensible here.

Guest MattP
5 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:
11 hours ago, MattP said:

You don't help yourself sometimes!

Yeah I know, too much drink and not engaging my brain that. Apologies to all.

The only good thing to come out of this is the line of "IS attack us because we attack them" is now dead and buried, the Catalans or Spanish have never had any involvement against IS. Some very interesting comments from Imam Massim of the Leeds Mosque today, he says that clerics now need to step up and offer young Muslims a little more guidance and encourage more rejection of extremism and misogny, another reformer was on R4 pretty much saying the same thing, it needs the same reforms other religions have gone through.

I think we should listen to them. I hold my belief the only people who can defeat Islamic extremists are the moderates muslims, whether they can or not I don't know, but our government needs to give them every assistance they can to try. In the meantime we unfortunately will just need to keep counting the dead and getting prepared for the next attacks because the reality is no one has a clue how to stop this.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

The only good thing to come out of this is the line of "IS attack us because we attack them" is now dead and buried, the Catalans or Spanish have never had any involvement against IS. Some very interesting comments from Imam Massim of the Leeds Mosque today, he says that clerics now need to step up and offer young Muslims a little more guidance and encourage more rejection of extremism and misogny, another reformer was on R4 pretty much saying the same thing, it needs the same reforms other religions have gone through.

I think we should listen to them. I hold my belief the only people who can defeat Islamic extremists are the moderates muslims, whether they can or not I don't know, but our government needs to give them every assistance they can to try. In the meantime we unfortunately will just need to keep counting the dead and getting prepared for the next attacks because the reality is no one has a clue how to stop this.

Does that mean that until now they haven't encouraged rejection of extremism.

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

Tbh, Matt, I doubt that they distinguish between different countries - to them the entire 'West' are the infidel enemy.

9 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

That's not my point, defo when it comes to Islam.  Unllike the brown Sandle wearing christ of Christianity, or the tenth master of Sikhism, they neither had conquest for wealth of booty or kept slaves, or as it says ' there right hand posses' In there religious text.  

These actions are not Interpretations, they are fact and historical.

9 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

9 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Positive action, can only happen when you know truly identify the negative

These people are not religious in any way. They have been taken in by a cult who say they are a religion. Completely different. 

20 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Does that mean that until now they haven't encouraged rejection of extremism.

no it means they will put more emphasis into something they were always trying to stop. You honestly believe Muslims want people to think they are all crazed murders? 

Archived