Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Our Legacy

I think this deserves its own thread.....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/17/liam-rosenior-column-brighton-leicester-league-title-inspiration

We spend too much time being nobwangers on here that we sometimes forget we are Leicester City and we did the impossible.  The greatest sporting story in history is ours forever.  I know, I know we can't rest on our laurels and live off this but we are allowed to fvcking enjoy it and I love the fact other players, fans and non fans were all caught up in it.  I still cannae quite believe we did it to be honest.  This shouldn't happen to teams like us.  I might cry.  X

11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think this deserves its own thread.....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/17/liam-rosenior-column-brighton-leicester-league-title-inspiration

We spend too much time being nobwangers on here that we sometimes forget we are Leicester City and we did the impossible.  The greatest sporting story in history is ours forever.  I know, I know we can't rest on our laurels and live off this but we are allowed to fvcking enjoy it and I love the fact other players, fans and non fans were all caught up in it.  I still cannae quite believe we did it to be honest.  This shouldn't happen to teams like us.  I might cry.  X

Shakey out!

I was given dignity and respect and invited to the big boys dinner table and I liked it. Although I knew they were secretly slagging me off behind their fake smiles I couldn't figure out if I took someone's chair or they pulled up a chair to squeeze me in knowing I'd be gone soon.

I also realise I don't belong there and I don't want to be like them. As a legacy I'd like to be on the second table knowing the big boys are looking over their shoulders and putting them off their food.

7 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I was given dignity and respect and invited to the big boys dinner table and I liked it. Although I knew they were secretly slagging me off behind their fake smiles I couldn't figure out if I took someone's chair or they pulled up a chair to squeeze me in knowing I'd be gone soon.

I also realise I don't belong there and I don't want to be like them. As a legacy I'd like to be on the second table knowing the big boys are looking over their shoulders and putting them off their food.

Just sat there, annoying the hell out of everyone like...

giphy.gif

You know, and I will probably be criticised by most for saying this.  I think given the choice between the following:

1 - becoming one of the "big boys" and consistently winning/challenging for the PL and Champions League.

or

2 - being yo yo, sometimes sh1t, always interesting, mostly sh1t, sometimes average but mostly really, really sh1t Leicester but who, in 50 years time, after decades of being sh1t won the league again in another miracle season.

I think I would rather the latter.  If there's always biscuits in the barrel, where's the fun in biscuits?

X

In some ways I wish more people had his attitude. I wish our players were more inspired by their own success instead of feeling like it was a weight on their shoulders last season. I wish Kante had thought that 'if I could do that with them, why should I need to leave?' I wish other clubs would go 'why settle for Pulis and Allardyce football and tell the fans that should be good enough for them?'.

But other times, I wish we didn't inspire these little clubs into thinking they're comparable to us.

49 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

You know, and I will probably be criticised by most for saying this.  I think given the choice between the following:

1 - becoming one of the "big boys" and consistently winning/challenging for the PL and Champions League.

or

2 - being yo yo, sometimes sh1t, always interesting, mostly sh1t, sometimes average but mostly really, really sh1t Leicester but who, in 50 years time, after decades of being sh1t won the league again in another miracle season.

I think I would rather the latter.  If there's always biscuits in the barrel, where's the fun in biscuits?

X

Chances are some of us won't be about in 50yrs. So from my part I'd like to see us do it again now.

56 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

or

X

The thing is, I don't mind us being shit at football. I can live with that. I think most football fans accept that.

But I do mind having low crowds, a defeatest atmosphere and nobody knowing who the fvck we are. And that comes with being shit, sadly.

Media darlings like Newcastle, Forest and Villa are still in the limelight somewhat even when they're shit. I would hope we'd get the same courtesy now we've given people a reason to bang on about us.

I'm not keen on us being seen as a nothing club who had one great year whilst other clubs might be considered some sort of sleeping giant even though they have a smaller fanbase and only had success in an era where it was far easier to do so....so ideally I'd like us to make a fist of competing higher up the league for a bit longer.

And I do hate underachievement and no ambition. It was one thing when we were crap because we had no money. If we were relegated now it would be unacceptable.

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd say it's certain!

And here's me thinking I'm the depressive. lollol 

It would only make me 101 so guessing I won't.

But in transfer news Logan will have made a return and still be sat on the bench. Also after 32 matches our new record £458m striker has still not scored.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

And here's me thinking I'm the depressive. lollol 

It would only make me 101 so guessing I won't.

But in transfer news Logan will have made a return and still be sat on the bench. Also after 32 matches our new record £458m striker has still not scored.

I'm considering starting the Leicester City Cryogenic Supporters Club for the over 110's, clear ice with a good view will be an extra....

Other news in 2067.

Arsen Wenger finally tells the truth when he says I didn't see it.

Florest and the sheep are still shite while cov now play park football.

The new introduced all seeing impartial robotic refs get hacked by man u fans Ferrgie time is now 45mins.

Fernando Torres still has not scored.

Archived