Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Ryanair

On 18/09/2017 at 18:12, Costock_Fox said:

Other airlines having better infrastructure for staff e.g. Ways to actually request leave, having to work four sector days when most others do 2, having to go abroad if you want a promotion and then no transparency as to when you will come back etc 

I've read about pilots who are self employed but have to pay their own expenses too and from airports at short notice to cover flights on an emergency basis despite it being their allocated time off or annual leave. Pilots have left in droves apparently.

I had an email from them yesterday advertising a sale. If they can fly you to Rome for a tenner it's no wonder they have to be penny pinching.

On the radio about this the other day, it seems the pilots work for these to gain flying hours until they've got enough to apply for a job at one of the better airlines.

6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I've read about pilots who are self employed but have to pay their own expenses too and from airports at short notice to cover flights on an emergency basis despite it being their allocated time off or annual leave. Pilots have left in droves apparently.

Yep, Brookfield contracts (a subsidiary of Ryanair) they are paid well but no rights.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I had an email from them yesterday advertising a sale. If they can fly you to Rome for a tenner it's no wonder they have to be penny pinching.

On the radio about this the other day, it seems the pilots work for these to gain flying hours until they've got enough to apply for a job at one of the better airlines.

Depends really, most do however for some if they go to another airline they will be based somewhere else for at least the short term.

Absolute pisstake that I have received about 4 marketing emails from them advertising cheap flights.

Just now, The Guvnor said:

So would anyone book a flight with them for their summer holidays next year, if public confidence plummets you can see Ryanair's prices tumble and Easy jets rise disproportionately.  Is it worth waiting or play safe and book with an alternative ?

There already discounting prices, book yourself a bargain, I sayeth

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

There already discounting prices, book yourself a bargain, I sayeth

Now theres the dichotomy, is it possible their problems could extend into August next year, I will be pretty p##sed if I did book to save a few quid and it ended up costing a fortune. 

5 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Now theres the dichotomy, is it possible their problems could extend into August next year, I will be pretty p##sed if I did book to save a few quid and it ended up costing a fortune. 

Make sure you've got insurance, but they've done a second round of cancellations, I would guess that would be the last.  

Haven't flown Ryanair for years. To turn the £29.99 headline price into the £99.99 Ryanair need to make a profit they bump up the price with a host of add-ons that other airlines don't charge for.

Most airlines do not charge for a musical instrument, and as long as it will fit into the overhead locker, treat it as hand luggage.

Last time, Ryanair told me that a fiddle, which fits quite happily in the overhead locker, would have to go in the hold. In which case you risk the cold temperatures and low air pressure in the unpressurised hold reducing it to a kit of parts, if the clumsy baggage handlers haven't already wrecked it by putting it at the bottom of a ton of other people's luggage. Either that, or you pay for an extra seat for your precious instrument.

4 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

Haven't flown Ryanair for years. To turn the £29.99 headline price into the £99.99 Ryanair need to make a profit they bump up the price with a host of add-ons that other airlines don't charge for.

Most airlines do not charge for a musical instrument, and as long as it will fit into the overhead locker, treat it as hand luggage.

Last time, Ryanair told me that a fiddle, which fits quite happily in the overhead locker, would have to go in the hold. In which case you risk the cold temperatures and low air pressure in the unpressurised hold reducing it to a kit of parts, if the clumsy baggage handlers haven't already wrecked it by putting it at the bottom of a ton of other people's luggage. Either that, or you pay for an extra seat for your precious instrument.

Ryanair making you pay for a having a fiddle on board? Whatever next, disgusting. 

Archived