Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

Ryanair

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

An absolute disgrace, they should be made to refund all the extra costs people are going to have because of them. Shambles.

If there was any justice they'd have to arrange the nearest (time and geographic-wise) available similar flights through other airlines and stump up for any adjustments to accommodation and airport transfers. Outrageous that this could happen

Only flown with Ryanair once and wouldn't do it again. The plane seemed to rattle like a knackered old bus

16 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If there was any justice they'd have to arrange the nearest (time and geographic-wise) available similar flights through other airlines and stump up for any adjustments to accommodation and airport transfers. Outrageous that this could happen

Only flown with Ryanair once and wouldn't do it again. The plane seemed to rattle like a knackered old bus

I flew twice with them recently for the first time and I thought it was pretty good actually, had more leg room than most Monarch or Thomson flights.

I always try to avoid Ryan air. Ex's have booked surprise holidays to Majorca before and flown with Ryan air :mellow:. Being 6ft1/6ft2 it's the most uncomfortable few hours imaginable being squished in with no leg room. 

My sister got a job working for Ryan air but quit almost immediately because of how they treated the staff. 

I've got a flight with them a week tomorrow. My Dad has a flight with them this Friday.

They only have a list of cancelled flights up to Wednesday, which is shambolic. People need as much notice as possible to make re-arrangements if needed.

Squeaky bum time for me!

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I flew twice with them recently for the first time and I thought it was pretty good actually, had more leg room than most Monarch or Thomson flights.

I agree, I've used them several times and their leg room and baggage allowance is better than other short haul carriers. Cancelling these flights is pretty outrageous though, I'm due to fly with them again in November so will hopefully be OK.

I work for an Absence Management Software company.... sorry to anyone who has had their holiday cancelled but this has been brilliant news for us.

It's not often I get in on a Monday and my content is written for the week lol 

Flew with them last week, returned on Thursday and the flight was delayed by two hours. Most annoying thing was everyone moving seats before take off due to the random allocation deliberately separating parties on the same booking. If I had a choice I'd go with EasyJet over them next time

14 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

They've lost 150 pilots who've left for Norweigian Airlines this year which is why they're in this shit!

This, I know personally that staff have left due to the conditions. Loads have gone to Emirates in Dubai, Norwegian, Easy Jet and Jet2. The leave excuse is utter rubbish as they allocate a month off each year and only 10 days adhoc leave to pilots.

They need to completely reassess how they treat their staff before they even look at the customers.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

This, I know personally that staff have left due to the conditions. Loads have gone to Emirates in Dubai, Norwegian, Easy Jet and Jet2. The leave excuse is utter rubbish as they allocate a month off each year and only 10 days adhoc leave to pilots.

They need to completely reassess how they treat their staff before they even look at the customers.

If their crew are deserting them in droves then there is something really wrong with the company.

They've treated passengers like shit for years, always trying to squeeze more money out and hitting people with punitive charges for simple mistakes.

If they treat their employees like shit to the extent that they are leaving in such huge numbers, then no wonder they're in the crap!

Just now, stripeyfox said:

If their crew are deserting them in droves then there is something really wrong with the company.

They've treated passengers like shit for years, always trying to squeeze more money out and hitting people with punitive charges for simple mistakes.

If they treat their employees like shit to the extent that they are leaving in such huge numbers, then no wonder they're in the crap!

Trying to book leave is a nightmare and some of the things they do are utterly insane eg sending people on 150 mile journeys to do a 5 minute health and safety briefing and not paying the expenses for it.

I'm flying into Stansted on Saturday, hopefully. To anyone affected, Ryanair will have to offer refunds or rebookings. Passengers can claim compensation, in addition: €250 for a short-haul flight, & €440 for medium-haul.  Just read that Ryanair could have to cough up €20 million in compensation claims.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

what's the reason for so many people leaving in their droves?

Other airlines having better infrastructure for staff e.g. Ways to actually request leave, having to work four sector days when most others do 2, having to go abroad if you want a promotion and then no transparency as to when you will come back etc 

Archived