Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2018

45 minutes ago, Kalacs_Orthopedic_Shoe said:

You're now looking at the Gillingham boss! Don't know League One so well these days, so a steep learning curve no doubt. First friendly against Hearts and lost 2-0; played some O.K. football at times and created a bit on the break, but lost key CB Zakuani to a broken leg for rest of the season in the second half. 

Will check in after pre-season...

Took Gillingham to the Champions League in 4 seasons on FM16 and my academy produced a regen who won European Golden Boy. Wonderful save :wub:.

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't think I've named a sub keeper in about a thousand games. I only ever do it in Italy where you can name about a thousand subs lol 

I hardly ever lose my keeper.

That's were I've been going wrong all these years. May have to give it a go. Anyway bought the game this  morning started really well with LCFC currently 3rd after 5 games. Really enjoying this version of the game. 

Started with Cambridge and have 250K to spend (100K kitty + sold a decent right back for 150K). But no-one wants to join us! I can only seem to attract free agents and shit transfer listed players. Loanees from higher divisions turn me down, and even decent Vanarama players aren't interested. Still, beat Swansea 5-1 in a pre-season friendly, including a Renato Sanches own goal.

Incredible. My u21 and u18 sides have made the Liechtenstein Cup Semi Finals and will face each other. I am at home to some random team. I will be playing against my youth side for a Europa League spot lollollol I am intrigued to know what happens if one of the youth teams won the cup. I guess all the youth sides represent their club in this cup and if one was to win it then their main team competes in Europe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

Incredible. My u21 and u18 sides have made the Liechtenstein Cup Semi Finals and will face each other. I am at home to some random team. I will be playing against my youth side for a Europa League spot lollollol I am intrigued to know what happens if one of the youth teams won the cup. I guess all the youth sides represent their club in this cup and if one was to win it then their main team competes in Europe.

Imagine if you lost lol

12 hours ago, foxoffderby said:

That's were I've been going wrong all these years. May have to give it a go. Anyway bought the game this  morning started really well with LCFC currently 3rd after 5 games. Really enjoying this version of the game. 

lol to be honest I don't think it's a massive thing but I think I probably have to sub my keeper about once every hundred games, if that, whereas not having one gives me some more variation from the bench. I do like having a big bench. Become far too accustomed to having 7 subs. Was a nightmare managing Fylde where I only got to name 5.

Even more bugs in this full release :( Keep getting random replays of nothing even though i only have goals selected.

Also my Wolves team don't seem anywhere near as strong since I installed full version!

Edited by AjcW

Back to meh. This league is just very difficult (for me lol) we bottled it in the last quarter of the season. No money again so I am completely reliant on loans from Basel, I must have about 6 from them. The youth is pretty poor despite most of them being youth internationals, then I have to release them anyway because the minimum wage at a certain age is £700 which I cannot afford to be paying to players who will never make the grade. I beat my u21's in the Cup final but lesson learnt as I let one of my better first teamers play for them in the QF which meant he was cuptied for me in the final lol  Beat a Maltese side in the 1st quali round for Europe, Osijek after a first leg scare but now face Braga in the 3rd round so thats curtains.

Does anyone elses game freeze for a good 10-15 seconds after some highlights? Not sure whether its just PC related or not. Only commentary isn't just full match only now but seemed to forget to show anything at all, I missed all my goals in a 5-0 win.

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Back to meh. This league is just very difficult (for me lol) we bottled it in the last quarter of the season. No money again so I am completely reliant on loans from Basel, I must have about 6 from them. The youth is pretty poor despite most of them being youth internationals, then I have to release them anyway because the minimum wage at a certain age is £700 which I cannot afford to be paying to players who will never make the grade. I beat my u21's in the Cup final but lesson learnt as I let one of my better first teamers play for them in the QF which meant he was cuptied for me in the final lol  Beat a Maltese side in the 1st quali round for Europe, Osijek after a first leg scare but now face Braga in the 3rd round so thats curtains.

Does anyone elses game freeze for a good 10-15 seconds after some highlights? Not sure whether its just PC related or not. Only commentary isn't just full match only now but seemed to forget to show anything at all, I missed all my goals in a 5-0 win.

Loads of in match glitches still mate, weirdly had even more since the full release! 

Definitelt getting the same as you with freezing. Also as I said above just random replays of nothing lol 

Well, things going from bad to worst here at Gillingham. Those of you keeping up with my 10 year save (Hi, Brian) will remember the crushing blow of losing a key CB in the first game of pre-seaon to dirty HoM. You could tell he was good, as you couldn't pronounce his name. Well, we shopped around and managed to get ex-Fox Zac 'did you know he was American I could of swore he was Irish' Whitbread on a free to attempt to plug the gap. 

Pre-season was stale, only losing once but not really lighting much up - that's fine, I mean just get the old fitness up and build some moral. So before the opener at Doncaster we lost Liam Nash and Mark Byrne to injury, leaving me to try plug the gaps with fringe/youth players. So, a 2-0 loss in the opener and them defeat to Birmingham in the League Cup and then Bradford in the League leave me with 3 competitive matches and 3 losses. 

Liam and Mark are fit again as we are about to head to MK, but Lee Martin (key wide forward) has now been lost to a hip injury for at least 3 months. We need a win badly, I'm feeling the pressure already!

12 hours ago, AjcW said:

Loads of in match glitches still mate, weirdly had even more since the full release! 

Definitelt getting the same as you with freezing. Also as I said above just random replays of nothing lol 

I was awarded a penalty, the highlights thing then randomly come up to show my CM passing it straight out of play, pressed skip. No longer had a pen, but they had a free-kick which of course they scored from. Lost 1-0.

26 minutes ago, stevelcfc said:

I was awarded a penalty, the highlights thing then randomly come up to show my CM passing it straight out of play, pressed skip. No longer had a pen, but they had a free-kick which of course they scored from. Lost 1-0.

Ouch!! lollol 

Right, What an end of season/pre season I've had! 

Won the CL with Leicester in  2019/20 season, with a pretty easy way to the final! ( Inter, Valencia & Brugge Group, Shaktar, Arsenal, Dortmund and Monaco in the final) 

We won 5-1 in the final and 21 years after Peter Schmeichel helped Man Utd lift the trophy, Kasper is the one to do it for Leicester! 

*1 week later*

I get offered an interview at Barca for the first time ever in this game! So I go, I get offered the job 2 days later.... Now me being me, I didn't look at the squad because hey, IT'S BARCA, 

Turns out, they finished 8th so no CL football.... Messi, Iniesta and Pique are retiring, They have 0 transfer budget, Suarez wants a new contract (he's on 350k a week) and has asked to leave... 

I've left a Leicester team with a transfer budget of 70m to Barca with 0! I've sold 4 players (Gomes - 32m, Roberto - 40m, Moreno - 25m and Umtiti - 51m) guess how much I get to spend........ 12m! ****ING 12M! 

FML

Edited by GLC
  • Haha 2

Won the league with Wolves on the last day! Looking forward to a Prem Campaign given how good the squad already is.

Diego Jota has a 15m release clause so negotiating trying to get him to join permenantly from Atlético! 

Think my transfer focus will have to be on centre backs and a striker

Speaking of penalties, what is the point in it coming up with the option of changing penalty taker just before its being taken? I did it yesterday because the guy on it has missed his last 2, it didn't register, the **** missed it again. I was 1-0 and lost 2-1. (I quit feeling cheated lol)