Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2018

Right, What an end of season/pre season I've had! 

Won the CL with Leicester in  2019/20 season, with a pretty easy way to the final! ( Inter, Valencia & Brugge Group, Shaktar, Arsenal, Dortmund and Monaco in the final) 
We won 5-1 in the final and 21 years after Peter Schmeichel helped Man Utd lift the trophy, Kasper is the one to do it for Leicester! 

*1 week later*
I get offered an interview at Barca for the first time ever in this game! So I go, I get offered the job 2 days later.... Now me being me, I didn't look at the squad because hey, IT'S BARCA, 
Turns out, they finished 8th so no CL football.... Messi, Iniesta and Pique are retiring, They have transfer budget, Suarez wants a new contract (he's on 350k a week) and has asked to leave... 

I've left a Leicester team with a transfer budget of 70m to Barca with 0! I've sold 4 players (Gomes - 32m, Roberto - 40m, Moreno - 25m and Umtiti - 51m) guess how much I get to spend........ 12m! ****ING 12M! 

FML
Nice little fix it upper..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Can't get into it :( 

I've bought every season from when it first came out (and I used to print my perfect 10 player ratings out on my dot-matrix printer) and latterly have been racking up between 800 to 900 hours each season...but this one? Nada, zip, nothing...really can't get going at all.

No idea why, but really not happy

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Can't get into it :( 

I've bought every season from when it first came out (and I used to print my perfect 10 player ratings out on my dot-matrix printer) and latterly have been racking up between 800 to 900 hours each season...but this one? Nada, zip, nothing...really can't get going at all.

No idea why, but really not happy

What type of team do you tend to manage? Maybe mix it up a bit if not already.

42 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

What type of team do you tend to manage? Maybe mix it up a bit if not already.

Usually start off lower leagues, or occasionally a big championship club. 

I'll give it a rest for a bit and maybe come back to it at Christmas...had one about 10 years ago that I struggled with as well. 

:(

10 hours ago, Osavo said:

Unbelievable. Go into stoppage time 3-1 up at West Brom, somehow my team contrive to concede 3 goals in 4 minutes and lose 4-3 :blink:

There’s another glitch here for sure. I’ve had a few games recently where I’ve had 14 shots and the other team have had 1 and in the last 5 minutes they end up with more shots than my side! lol 

I tend to go from one brilliant spell to one horrific spell. Finished 9th in first season with LCFC.

5th at Christmas in second season. One thing I've noticed is I've conceded 6 penalties and they've all been missed or saved! Not complaining. 

Not sure if the game is broken but I got Münster promoted from the German 3.liga (won the league). Torsten Frings got Darmstadt promoted but left for Gladbach so I applied but got instantly rejected. 3 weeks later I've been offered the German National Team job lol

WTF?

Really enjoying this so far!

Started as LCFC and finished 10th in my first season but crucially, won the Carabao Cup getting me into the Europa League qualifying rounds.

Pre season has been disappointing in terms of transfer activity.

My budget was set at a whopping 54 million and after the departures of Albrighton, Slimani and Simpson it increased to around the 85 million mark.

I added Lemos from Las Palmas, Goretzka on a free, Cedric from Saints and Perriera from Porto but I’m struggling to find someone at the top end of the pitch that is A) is good enough and B) wants to come.

I have 30 odd million left in the tank but I don’t want to blow it on an average forward. Walcott and Ox are both transfer listed but their mediocrity is not what I’m looking for.

Despite being light in forward areas, I’m optimistic going forward. We’ve drawn Maccabi Haifa in the 3rd qualifying round and after a 3-0 first leg win, I’m now preparing for the final qualifying stage.

If Vardy can stay fit then I should be okay but with Kelechi the only backup I’m screwed if he does.

With deadline day approaching I can feel a last minute panic buy in the offing!

15 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Why are you having to qualify for the EL after winning the League Cup?

All changed this year hasn’t it? Sure I read a UEFA press release about prioritising league route over cup

4 hours ago, eddylcfc said:

Really enjoying this so far!

Started as LCFC and finished 10th in my first season but crucially, won the Carabao Cup getting me into the Europa League qualifying rounds.

Pre season has been disappointing in terms of transfer activity.

My budget was set at a whopping 54 million and after the departures of Albrighton, Slimani and Simpson it increased to around the 85 million mark.

I added Lemos from Las Palmas, Goretzka on a free, Cedric from Saints and Perriera from Porto but I’m struggling to find someone at the top end of the pitch that is A) is good enough and B) wants to come.

I have 30 odd million left in the tank but I don’t want to blow it on an average forward. Walcott and Ox are both transfer listed but their mediocrity is not what I’m looking for.

Despite being light in forward areas, I’m optimistic going forward. We’ve drawn Maccabi Haifa in the 3rd qualifying round and after a 3-0 first leg win, I’m now preparing for the final qualifying stage.

If Vardy can stay fit then I should be okay but with Kelechi the only backup I’m screwed if he does.

With deadline day approaching I can feel a last minute panic buy in the offing!

A good striker in my Leicester save was Abel Ruiz from Barcelona's B team. Only 17, has a low release clause of about 3-5 milion (At the start of a save, I ended up paying 12m for him in the 18/19 season). Quick and has good finishing, easily good backup.

Abel Ruiz_ Overview Profile.png

Abel Ruiz_ History Career Stats.png

Edited by TheMightySystem
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

A good striker in my Leicester save was Abel Ruiz from Barcelona's B team. Only 17, has a low release clause of about 3-5 milion (At the start of a saveI ended up payin 12m for him in the 18/19 season). Quick and has good finishing, easily good backup.

Abel Ruiz_ Overview Profile.png

Abel Ruiz_ History Career Stats.png

Good spot/tip, cheers. If you want a good attacking playmaker, Kovalenko from Shaktar's been immense for me. Not cheap (i got him for 18m, including installments etc) but been mighty in my first Leicester season. Playing behind Vardy with Mahrez/Gray either side.

First season as LCFC manager finished 4th. Did the double over Man utd who sacked JM and finished below mid table. Liverpool also sacked Klopp early on but finished 5th under Manchini. Also did the double over Man City. Ndidi got young player of the year and is a beast. Bought Gibson from boro 20m and Umtiti from Barca for 24m. Playing 523.

Edited by foxoffderby

Walkers consistant talk of the Swiss League had me intrigued enough to take up the FC Zurich job when offered, following two and a bit sucessful years with Hartlepool, having enjoyed successive promotions (Champions of the conference, second to runaway leaders Coventry in league two).

The pool were making a fist of surviving league one at the point I left (had just beat Blackburn at home to move out of the relegation places), but the new challenge was to move Zurich clear of the single relegation place in the 10 team strong top division. 

With a reasonable looking playing squad, not to shabby looking transfer and wage budget plus strong youth setup it seemed more than doable - and although starting in 10th, with time in hand on the season, I had half an eye on catching up the rest of the pack to try and secure European football.

To begin with, form was good, points were gathered to comfortably move myself clear of the relegation zone and into lower mid table, I even managed to pull off a reguard victory against Basel. 

But as can often happen in these smaller lesgues, a couple of defeats can land you right back where you started and after getting so close to European football - at one point late into the season I’d climbed to 4th - to end the season with 2 defeats, and fall all the way back to 9th, albeit well clear of any danger of relegation at this time, I felt a little disappointed.

The one redeeming feature of that season was to see I had left Hartlepool in a good place, given their new manager Gary Caldwell negotiated safety largely with the side I had left behind. He then went on to dismantle it in the summer and got sacked quickly into the new season but what can I do about that!

Looking back, the disappointing close to the season could have been triggered by my move to start clearing out the build up of distinctly average central midfield options I had inherited, whilst also arranging to bring in a bit of attacking quality. But i could forgive that now, especially as the overhall had now successfully completed (the new season preview had my team quoted as 7-1 fourth favourites for the title compared to 70-1 outsiders the year before).

Despite a couple of thumpings by Basel (I stupidly tried to go toe to toe with them... twice), Zurich have just secured a birth in the Swiss Cup final and are 2nd in the league - 9 points behind the aforementioned and far too good Basel.

The squad now has an exciting youthful feel about it, plus Jack Rodwell (he was free and hasn’t been as injured as I thought he’d be) and there’s great hope for the future... although, it feels that maybe I will only be the catalyst and that I think will be time to move on again soon.